Who do you guys play vs. rest against the Panthers?

Canadian Saint

Firstly Happy Holidays Who Dats! I love talking about the Saints with y'all.

So if you missed the recent roster news, here it is:

Both Newton and Lucas are OTs. The assumption to me is we'll rest Armstead, Ram and Bushrod. We'll have Ram play back up OT. With the interior, I rest Peat and Unger (was it me or did he consistently have low snaps against the Steelers) and play Tom and Clapp. What do you guys think?

What about on the D? Do you rest Lattimore or Apple? Williams? Klein? Jordan? Davison?

How much do you play Brees?

I might play the starters for a quarter, but the problem is oline.  I don't want to play any oline that's even a little bit hurt.  However, that is most the starters, and that means if Brees plays he would be playing with the back up OL which isn't a smart thing to do.

I think you absolutely have to sit Unger, Armstead, and Ramckyeckaslenpnlmvdfaio;. Peat should probably sit after starting a bit. Maybe start Unger, too as I feel Brees would/should play the first series or two. Then it's Bridgewater time!
Ingram could play quite a bit. He missed the first 4 games, and he's literally below 1/2 the production he was last year, and the year before. Kamara needs to rest, too.

Thomas and Ginn need some reps to stay sharp, but Thomas certainly needs rest. The guy has played so much! The rest of the receivers need as much play as they can get.

It's gonna look like preseason for the offense, but the starters need some work to keep the rust down. That Carolina D, though. Man, they're scary, and I don't really want to see too much time from our key guys being supported by backups facing that defense.

As far as our defense, Eli needs to sit. He didn't get a bye week due to the trade, so he just needs some rest, IMO.
Kline will see a heavy amount of work so Davis & Anzalone can rest some.
I'm not sure who you sit from the secondary. As mentioned, we don't have much depth there, but Lattimore and Apple need a break.

The offense rested for two weeks in 09 and came out looking dominant as ever against the Cardinals.  They looked great week 1 also.  I don't think the rest will hurt them.  If we look bad in the playoff game I won't blame the long rest.

The defense I'm not sure about.  How will they look after two weeks of not playing?

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

The defense I'm not sure about.  How will they look after two weeks of not playing?

I think the Defense needs it badly. As bad as our O-line.

I'm not sure how well this baseball statement will translate to football, but I heard Anthony Rizzo say once that 1 entire game off was like a 2 week vacation to him. If 2 weeks off rejuvenates our D, especially the secondary, I'm all for it!

We also have a good handfull of people who are slightly banged up. You KNOW they'd want to play if possible, so hopefully the mandatory rest will be good.

Anyone on the O-line who's nicked up.

Apple as someone above mentioned, he hasn't had a bye because of the trade. 

Jordan, Rankins, and Davis. Losing any of those 3 would really hurt.

Kamara and Thomas. 

And that Brees guy. Probably rest him too

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good luck Saints fans.  I just heard that Sean Payton has declared Teddy the starter for this game.  I can't wait to see how he does!  I think you will all be very pleasantly surprised with how well he plays. 

I'm anxious to see how he performs, and against a defense that is a solid test.  I watched him play quite a bit when I'd go to Vikings games, and I wasn't blown away, yet the culture has changed, and he's gone from a defensive minded coach to a QB minded coach, and tutor. I'm pretty pumped.

I found the following article pretty fun. It sounds like Teddy has been studying hard and mimicking Brees in practices, and he's been challenging defenders in a pretty fun way. Read on.
Good article LINK from NOLA

Archived