Bears @ Vikings GDT Dec 30 3:05pm

WindyCity

12 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I think a “win and in” scenario is more to play for than a 2 seed as opposed to a 3. I find it hard to believe that anyone would disagree with that.

I dunno. I think, at worst, they're roughly equal. The Bears could keep the Vikes out of the playoffs with a win too, and avoid a potential rematch. A third game versus those guys has to be a scary prospect. 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I dunno. I think, at worst, they're roughly equal. The Bears could keep the Vikes out of the playoffs with a win too, and avoid a potential rematch. A third game versus those guys has to be a scary prospect. 

They can’t even guarantee that they won’t make the playoffs.

They need the Eagles to win.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

They can’t even guarantee that they won’t make the playoffs.

They need the Eagles to win.

I don't get this floating argument you seem to be orchestrating. So...because the Eagles need to win, that means the Bears don't care, and will rest their starters? That's an even weirder position than the #2 seed is nothing to strive for. 

Can you even begin to explain what you're getting at in this thread? 

13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I have to disagree with you on that one.  While it's great to get the bye, this is essentially a playoff game for the Vikings.  If we lose, our season is very likely over because the Eagles will more than likely beat the Redskins.  Bears lose and they are still in the playoffs.  Vikings lose and their season is over.  That's a lot more to play for than a first-round bye, IMO.

This is going to be telling game for the Bears and how prepared they really are for the playoffs.

They are 6-1 in their last 7 games with the only loss during that stretch coming in OT without their starting QB. 

Too often, teams peak too soon early in the season and then slowly regress late in year and that regression often shows in the playoffs. As well as experience. This team has to show that they are ready for the playoffs by making this their REAL statement game by closing out the season with a win against a tough divisional opponent in their house.  

This is across the board too--staff wise included. Helfrich with his part in offensive preparations and making sure everyone is on the same page. Tabor figuring out a way on how to atleast minimize anymore self-inflicted damage on ST's. And most importantly Nagy's offense in particular because he didn't look so hot last year in the playoffs when his offense was shutdown against a veteran DC with playoff experience in Lebeau when the CHiefs lost to a team (Titans), who up to that point, had not even looked like a legit playoff team.

Other than suffering more injuries (due to lack of depth), I'm not even the least bit concerned about Fangio and the defense.

Bottomline, this game may not be a "must win" in terms of how the season goes for us because we're already in the playoffs. But it sure as well is a must win in terms of how the playoffs go. If the Rams happen to lose their game and  we lose this game because those things I mentioned above don't happen....that would be an immediate confident killer. Across the board.

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This is going to be telling game for the Bears and how prepared they really are for the playoffs.

They are 6-1 in their last 7 games with the only loss during that stretch coming in OT without their starting QB. 

Too often, teams peak too soon early in the season and then slowly regress late in year and that regression often shows in the playoffs. As well as experience. This team has to show that they are ready for the playoffs by making this their REAL statement game by closing out the season with a win against a tough divisional opponent in their house.  

This is across the board too--staff wise included. Helfrich with his part in offensive preparations and making sure everyone is on the same page. Tabor figuring out a way on how to atleast minimize anymore self-inflicted damage on ST's. And most importantly Nagy's offense in particular because he didn't look so hot last year in the playoffs when his offense was shutdown against a veteran DC with playoff experience in Lebeau when the CHiefs lost to a team (Titans), who up to that point, had not even looked like a legit playoff team.

Other than suffering more injuries (due to lack of depth), I'm not even the least bit concerned about Fangio and the defense.

Bottomline, this game may not be a "must win" in terms of how the season goes for us because we're already in the playoffs. But it sure as well is a must win in terms of how the playoffs go. If the Rams happen to lose their game and  we lose this game because those things I mentioned above don't happen....that would be an immediate confident killer. Across the board.

That is so not true.  The offense absolutely wasn't shut down, unless you think going up 21-0 in the first half is getting shut down.  Travis Kelce got hurt, and Bob Suttons defense couldnt stop a nose bleed.  Maybe Nagy should have called more runs in the 2nd half, but he wasnt the dc.  

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Bears haven’t won in Minnesota since the final game of the 2011 season, 17-13 on Jan. 1, 2012.

http://www.startribune.com/upcoming-free-agent-class-will-be-a-challenge-for-vikings/503665492/

for whatever that is worth, gents. see you guys again in the playoffs.

I am not sure we can read to much into the Trestman/Fox era.

That was an organizational low point.

Archived