Bears @ Vikings GDT Dec 30 3:05pm

WindyCity

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Just for the fun of it, I decided to look it up.  According to Sportrac, "In 2018, Rodgers will earn a base salary of $1,100,000, a signing bonus of $57,500,000, a roster bonus of $7,800,000 and a workout bonus of $500,000."  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers-3745/

That gives us a total for this year of $66,900,000.  Yes, folks, that's SIXTY SIX MILLION NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS for the 6-9-1 season in 2018.

Divide that by 16 and that gives us a game day check of $4,181,250,00.

Divide that by Mr. Rodgers' output of 26 yards passing for today's game and you get a cost to the Packers of $160,817.31 per yard. 

Based on that, I'd have to conclude that the Vikings got an absolute STEAL on Kirk Cousins today.  

:D:D:D:D:D:D

FWIW, prior to todays games this how much each QB has made in total this season per https://overthecap.com/premium/dollars-per-stats/

I listed where each player ranked in each category among all 25 QB's who have played atleast 12 games (minus Taysom Hill for obvious reasons)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Age---GP---$/Snap (Lg rank)
Rodgers---35---15---$33,367 (1)
Cousins---30---15---$28,169 (3)
Stafford---30---15---$27,523 (4)
Trubisky---24---13---$8,430 (18)

$/Yards(Lg rank)
Rodgers---$7,586 (2)
Cousins---$6,721 (3)
Stafford---$7,690 (1)
Trubisky---$2,372 (19)

$/TD
Rodgers---$1,340,000 (3)
Cousins---$965,517 (7)
Stafford---$1,421,053 (1)
Trubisky---$302,421 (21)

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Somewhere, Lovie Smith is smiling.

Fun little bears factoid: Lovie Smith is coaching at Illinois and has **** Butkus’ nephew as his offensive line coach. Pretty neat. 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I love that the Bears casually strolled into Minnesota, playing a team that desperately needed a win, and dominated them.

They were so much better than the Vikings today, that at no point did I think we were losing.

Former Bears' safety Shaun Gayle does a lot of work for British tv and he made the point that this team never panics...they understand they will have some negative plays but never got on top of themselves and just continue to do what they do which is leading to wins. 

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I love that the Bears casually strolled into Minnesota, playing a team that desperately needed a win, and dominated them.

They were so much better than the Vikings today, that at no point did I think we were losing.

I can't believe how easy that was, the Vikings were bad. I was expecting a loss here but as soon as our defense came out and set the tone with those early 3 and outs you could tell the Vikings weren't up to it. Amazing how calm I was watching that, we were in Minnesota, we just don't win comfortably there like that.

This team is so good, we've won 9 of the last 10, I can't wait for Sunday. Whatever happens in the Playoffs, the ride we've been on in the regular season has been unbelievable.

Also, that 2-point conversion was the funniest play I've seen for a long time xD Prince running like four fake sweeps really got me

I think Wims is a good receiver for Mitch.  Big catch radius. Like to see him get some more reps. 

White made a great catch and then made worst play of game with that hold on a key third down conversion.

Poor White then got mugged in garbage time and refs are like meh game is over, no call. 

He's like I'm playing for a contract butinski's!  

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think Wims is a good receiver for Mitch.  Big catch radius. Like to see him get some more reps. 

White made a great catch and then made worst play of game with that hold on a key third down conversion.

Poor White then got mugged in garbage time and refs are like meh game is over, no call. 

He's like I'm playing for a contract butinski's!  

Except White didn’t hold on that play. He got screwed by the refs twice. 

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Former Bears' safety Shaun Gayle does a lot of work for British tv and he made the point that this team never panics...they understand they will have some negative plays but never got on top of themselves and just continue to do what they do which is leading to wins. 

Shaun Gayle works for the BBC? I find that really weird. Cool, but weird. Any idea how that came about? 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Shaun Gayle works for the BBC? I find that really weird. Cool, but weird. Any idea how that came about? 

Not the BBC but Sky Sports...pretty cool having a homer on the panel anytime they are mentioned 😂 no idea how he got the gig tho.

Big Picture

-I took a little too much joy in watching Aaron Rodgers limp off the field and the Packers get shut out at home by the Lions as one final massive turd on their wasted season. Another year of Aaron Rodgers career slips through the hour glass with a whimper.

-It was incredibly cathartic to also go into Minnesota, with really nothing to gain after the first 10 minutes, and thoroughly *** whoop the Vikings who were playing for their lives. To me that game signaled 2 things, 1, that Kirk Cousins is a massively over paid pile of mediocre. 2, The Bears are the most talented team in the NFC North by a wide margin.

-It feels like the Bears were the scrony kid in the back of the room that everyone picked on and then after one summer he came back at 6'3" and had been lifting weights with his uncle all summer. I love that the Packers and Vikings, and their fans do not seem to know what to do with themselves.

Offense

-I thought this was an understated masterpiece from Trubisky. 57% on 3rd down, no turnovers, no sacks, a 16 play 9:00 TD drive to seal the game. I thought he looked calm and composed and confident in some of those big 3rd down throws. This is the 3rd solid game in a row where "bad MItch" has not shown up.

-Jordan Howard coming alive might be the biggest news of the late season playoff clinch. He looks like a different back then at the beginning of the season. Decisive and punishing when he runs. I noted to my buddy that I cannot remember the last time he had back to back negative yard runs or stuffs at the line.

-My god Tarik Cohen was bad on punt returns yesterday. He went from uber conservative fair catches to negative yard returns.

-I was glad to see Kevin White make a big catch in his last game as a Bear. He is useless on sideline routes, which is crazy considering his size. He was interfered with on the deep sideline routes, but he was also pushed off his line and out of bounds way to easily. He gave away way too much room to the DB.

-I have been saying for weeks that Shaheen can block. It is not a surprise to me that the run game has gotten better with him in the game.

-It was really nice to see Trubisky and Gabriel connect on a long ball. That has been a sorely missing part of the offense, and perhaps that gets things rolling in the playoffs.

-Javon Wims sure looks like a thing. This is a guy who plays 6'3" 220lbs. with the physical separation on the out routes and the stop/back shoulder reception. He looks like an NFL WR and now in limited time he has played like an NFL WR, could be a great find for Pace.

-One of my favorite plays of the game was when Trubisky looked right, nothing was there, stayed patient came back to the middle of the field to Burton and hit him for 9 yards. You could see Trubisky going through his progressions and Burton finding space to help out his QB.

-Kyle Long absolutely dominated on some of the reps that he was in the game. What a welcome sight as he will see a ton of Fletcher Cox.

-Witzmann continues to play solid, he continues to make a couple of really nice blocks. His seal block on the called back screen was a great play and allowed Howard to get out of the gate.

-Charles Leno had a great game. He seems to be somewhat over his Everson Griffen issues that have plagued him in the past.

-I cannot believe that Bobbie Massie was able to contain Danielle Hunter. Part of the credit goes to the game plan, but Bobbie played well.

-James Daniels had a really good game and he is a finisher in the run game. He absolutely crushed dudes on a couple of pulls in the run game and in the redzone. James Daniels is a player.

Defense

-Akiem Hicks is just so much fun to watch. The sack where he dragged Remmers like a child throwing a temper tantrum and sacked Cousins was a perfect image for the Bears domination of the Vikings.

-The Bears DL depth is down right stupid. The Bears backup DLmen were eating up the Vikings offense in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. RRH, Bullard, and Nichols, are all way better than you find on most teams as rotational players. 

-RRH is a legit inside pass rusher.

-Jonathan Bullard becoming a better than average run defender is a nice development that should allow the Bears to save Hicks for more pass rush and 2 minute situations.

-The Eddie Goldman sack was awesome. His pass rush has improved every week. a 330lbs quick swim followed by throwing Cousins to the ground like a piece of litter really set a tone for Cousins the entire day.

-Probably the best thing to come from yesterday, besides health, was getting run for some young guys on defense. 

-Iving played well and had multiple flash plays rushing the passer late in the game that he just could not finish.

-Tolliver had a couple of nice plays and any experience right now is good as it keeps an injury from becoming catastrophic.

-Outside of the unfortunate face mask, I thought Bush and DHC looked fine late in the game.

-Iggy can run and had a nice tackle in space.

-We are going to have to live with some penalties on Prince, he plays sticky man coverage and some grabbing and pulling is going to happen.

-McManis continues to not be a liability in the slot. 

-Adrian Amos has stepped up his game in Jackson's absence. He has pretty much shut down anything in his zone and his tackling continues to be really good.

Archived