JETS VS NEW ENGLAND

doumeyer

With Gordon gone, the Jets are going to get a dose of the Pats running game. The last time we played them this year they ran for 215 yards. The Pats won't be resting regulars this game if they lose they don't get a first round by. Putting a net on Julian Edelman & Gronk is easer said than done, but that is the only way to win. A Jet win would be great for Darnold. If we do win I not sure how much will drop in the first round of the draft.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

With Gordon gone, the Jets are going to get a dose of the Pats running game. The last time we played them this year they ran for 215 yards. The Pats won't be resting regulars this game if they lose they don't get a first round by. Putting a net on Julian Edelman & Gronk is easer said than done, but that is the only way to win. A Jet win would be great for Darnold. If we do win I not sure how much will drop in the first round of the draft.

The latest we can pick is #5 the earliest we can pick is #1. Would love to see us make New England play an extra week but would also love a chance at Nick Bosa....

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

While Bosa would be nice, the thought of trading down and being able to fix more holes is a much better idea IMO. If we can get to #2 there is no question a team will be looking to move up. Hopefully we don’t screw this up! 

Unless a QB shoots up the board, this is looking like a bad draft for a trade down scenario. What player is a team really going to give up a lot of premium picks for?

I think the highest we can get is the #1 pick and if we win, we only fall back to #5. I don't care what happens in this one. I do want us to really challenge them and Darnold to light them up. Darnold & Adams winning this one would feel like the beginning of a new Era. It will be hard to sell the #1 or #2 pick in this draft if we're looking to trade back. So #3-5 works for me. 

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think the highest we can get is the #1 pick and if we win, we only fall back to #5. I don't care what happens in this one. I do want us to really challenge them and Darnold to light them up. Darnold & Adams winning this one would feel like the beginning of a new Era. It will be hard to sell the #1 or #2 pick in this draft if we're looking to trade back. So #3-5 works for me. 

Agreed. A trade back this year would not see even close to the value there was last year. We need a QB to make a really, really strong rise during the pre draft process, otherwise I can’t see a team giving up significant capital for a defensive player. The only thing that matters in this game is Darnold continuing his tear, don’t mind a win or a loss.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Agreed. A trade back this year would not see even close to the value there was last year. We need a QB to make a really, really strong rise during the pre draft process, otherwise I can’t see a team giving up significant capital for a defensive player. The only thing that matters in this game is Darnold continuing his tear, don’t mind a win or a loss.

As long as we stay in front of teams like jacksonville & the giants, we are good. Once when the hot QB rises, all the teams that need a QB will bid against each other to move up. I think us beating the Patriots that need a win will send a message to the rest of the league. 

I'm pulling for the win. I think Darnold going into Foxborough and beating a Patriots team that is trying to win would be huge. I dont think it will happen but it could.

At this point the hit in draft value wouldn't be a killer to me. I really just want to be able to move back and pick up a 2nd rounder if we could work out a second drop back for a few more picks that would be great too. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree Rick.

With both Kearse, Enunwa, out of Sundays game, can't see Darnold. having much of a passing game. Probably a ton of dump off passes. Belichick will double team Anderson. Where are all those second and third round WR draft picks Maccc, made O yeah out off football.

14 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

With both Kearse, Enunwa, out of Sundays game, can't see Darnold. having much of a passing game. Probably a ton of dump off passes. Belichick will double team Anderson. Where are all those second and third round WR draft picks Maccc, made O yeah out off football.

lol let’s get Chad and Ardarious in here asap 

looks like the Redskins beat us to the punch actually 

Archived