Sign in to follow this  
doumeyer

JETS VS NEW ENGLAND

11 hours ago, ekill08x said:

While Bosa would be nice, the thought of trading down and being able to fix more holes is a much better idea IMO. If we can get to #2 there is no question a team will be looking to move up. Hopefully we don’t screw this up! 

If we weren’t loaded with cash I would agree. But Bosa would give us the EDGE we haven’t had since Abraham. 

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If we weren’t loaded with cash I would agree. But Bosa would give us the EDGE we haven’t had since Abraham. 

Funny you bring that up. Bc I think one of the best debates as a Jets fan is if trading Abraham was worth it. For those who remember we traded him for the 29th pick in the 2006 draft, which wound up being Nick Mangold.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Funny you bring that up. Bc I think one of the best debates as a Jets fan is if trading Abraham was worth it. For those who remember we traded him for the 29th pick in the 2006 draft, which wound up being Nick Mangold.

True. It worked out well. We had an early 2nd during that draft so I think we potentially still get Mangold but who knows. 

On 12/28/2018 at 11:18 AM, GangGreen420 said:

Unless a QB shoots up the board, this is looking like a bad draft for a trade down scenario. What player is a team really going to give up a lot of premium picks for?

Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams at 2. 

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

I’d rather just draft Allen unless we are getting a 1+

22 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Nick Bosa. But in all honesty I want him in a Jets uniform.

It would be stupid to try and reach for an offensive player early just for the sake of going offense. Nick Bosa is a game changer in the mold of his brother/Myles Garrett/Khalil Mack. Dude was born to play football and how refreshing would it be to have a dominant edge presence that's eluded us for the past fifteen years? It's a good time to be a Jet fan people, we got new unis coming finally, a top 3 draft pick, franchise QB, attractive spot for HC candidates and all the cap space in the world. Couldn't be more excited for the offseason.

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

Nick Bosa. But in all honesty I want him in a Jets uniform.

It would be stupid to try and reach for an offensive player early just for the sake of going offense. Nick Bosa is a game changer in the mold of his brother/Myles Garrett/Khalil Mack. Dude was born to play football and how refreshing would it be to have a dominant edge presence that's eluded us for the past fifteen years? It's a good time to be a Jet fan people, we got new unis coming finally, a top 3 draft pick, franchise QB, attractive spot for HC candidates and all the cap space in the world. Couldn't be more excited for the offseason.

Bosa is great and I'd love a dominant edge guy. He is something we need but if he is available when we pick we need to use that leverage to move down and pick up a some more selections.

As much as we need a strong pass rusher, selecting Bosa will only repeat the cycle of having a strong d that gets gassed towards the end of games becuase our offense goes three and out all day. It's what the jets have been about for years. 

The right play is to move back, use the picks to sure up the offensive line. 

Our defense is pure dog $#!t. I have more confidence in Darnolds offense at this point. Defense needs a ton of work too.

I love our defense....defense minded coach, tons of draft capital over the years.... and it still sucks... lol

Good to see Macc's mid to late round draft picks stepping up and showing us what they got on defensive. Macc should be going out the same door as Bowles, Monday.