Should have never fired Banner!!!

buno67

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I will never forget that Joe Banner took Leon McFadden 1 pick ahead of Tyrann Matheiu in the 3rd round of that draft. The biggest "your overthinking it" moment I have ever seen.

Is it though?

Justin Gilber trade over Khalil Mack was pretty terrible 

Julio Jones trade down too

David Veikune over Rey Maualuga was horrific 

so much pain....

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Is it though?

Justin Gilber trade over Khalil Mack was pretty terrible 

Julio Jones trade down too

David Veikune over Rey Maualuga was horrific 

so much pain....

Yep, passing on Mack hurt but I remember that despite his talents there was still questions about him coming out of the draft in terms of the level of competition he faced at Buffalo. I actually laughed at my Raiders friend when they took him and thought it was a bad pick lol whooooopsss

Julio was more understandable because they did get a big haul for all of those trade downs. Bad part is none of them amounted to anything. So hindsight was 20/20 with that one.

It was after those 2-3 drafts that I begun hating trading down. Your at the top of the draft for a reason, stay there and take a blue chip cornerstone instead of a handful of mid-late 1st and 2nd rounders.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I will never forget that Joe Banner took Leon McFadden 1 pick ahead of Tyrann Matheiu in the 3rd round of that draft. The biggest "your overthinking it" moment I have ever seen.

Well Banner didnt trust guys with drug issues/major personal issues.  Remember he had a deal set up to trade Gordon to the 9ers that he want allowed to execute. Just like in the article, he didnt like Manziels personal back ground. He prolly didnt like Matheiu personal background either.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yep, passing on Mack hurt but I remember that despite his talents there was still questions about him coming out of the draft in terms of the level of competition he faced at Buffalo. I actually laughed at my Raiders friend when they took him and thought it was a bad pick lol whooooopsss

Julio was more understandable because they did get a big haul for all of those trade downs. Bad part is none of them amounted to anything. So hindsight was 20/20 with that one.

It was after those 2-3 drafts that I begun hating trading down. Your at the top of the draft for a reason, stay there and take a blue chip cornerstone instead of a handful of mid-late 1st and 2nd rounders.

the way he abused tOSU that year, showed me enough of his ability. That no matter the guy lined up across of him, he was going to smoke them. Now if Decker ( I believe thats who the LT was in that game) stone walled him every chance, then I would have questioned that Mack is just a big fish in a small pond of the MAC.

I’d allow this team to die a thousand deaths if it meant getting Baker Mayfield again and having our 2019 outlook moving forward. We have an upward trajectory unlike anyone else in the division. Thanks Sashi for your martyrdom and the misfit predecessors for their failures. 

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’d allow this team to die a thousand deaths if it meant getting Baker Mayfield again and having our 2019 outlook moving forward. We have an upward trajectory unlike anyone else in the division. Thanks Sashi for your martyrdom and the misfit predecessors for their failures. 

Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise it would happen some other way.

-  Grace Slick   

Archived