GDT: We don't control our own destiny edition

warfelg

Welp.....we're doomed:

What to say about this game?

We're facing the Bengals B squad as our season hangs in the balance.  But it's not a win and in situation.  Eyes must be on the Browns-Ravens tilt to see what is going on there.  Since there's not much to talk about in this matchup, lets take a look at that one shall we:

The Browns defense took a hit this week with Denzel Ward going down, but on that side of the ball it's strength vs strength as the Browns run defense looks to stifle the ground and pound Lamar Jackson lead Ravens.  The Ravens have lead the NFL in rushing since Jackson took over, but are near the bottom of the league in passing.  Key for the Browns on this side of the ball is not to get lazy against the pass because of this.

On the other side of the ball it's Baker vs the Blitz.  The Ravens have had massive success blitzing against QB's with 5 or less years experience, but Baker has shown an ability to beat the blitz.  The Browns run game has been resurgent of late with Chubb, and old Ravens #1 pick Breshard Periman is looking to exact his revenge on the franchise that cut him.

Does Baker have the magic stuff? Or is he about to get Baked?

Hotties that are first responders, because our season needs rescuing!

b47e544777603b47f98b13164c575588.jpg

chivette-ems-volunteer-is-too-cute-3.jpg

54fd442b8f2b1e6927031440c74e9f6c.jpg

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Also very little chance Baltimore loses to Cleveland in Baltimore.

I don’t know. I ultimately don’t believe that the Ravens lose, but if there was a matchup we needed in week 17 — this is probably the one. 

Head coach playing to keep the job, OC potentially playing to coach Aaron Rogers, Baker Mayfield a QB who isn’t going to back down, the whole team playing to lift up a city from the depth of 1-31. Cleveland has motivation and plenty of reasons to do whatever it takes to win. 

The Ravens are most likely going to play not to lose, but the Browns have nothing to lose. That’s a dangerous scenario. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I don’t know. I ultimately don’t believe that the Ravens lose, but if there was a matchup we needed in week 17 — this is probably the one. 

Head coach playing to keep the job, OC potentially playing to coach Aaron Rogers, Baker Mayfield a QB who isn’t going to back down, the whole team playing to lift up a city from the depth of 1-31. Cleveland has motivation and plenty of reasons to do whatever it takes to win. 

The Ravens are most likely going to play not to lose, but the Browns have nothing to lose. That’s a dangerous scenario. 

Forgot to add that while one coaching staff is fighting FOR jobs, the other is getting an extension. 

The motivations for this game couldn’t be any more different. I’m just hoping the Ravens don’t realize they are walking into a buzzsaw because they are at home and control their fate. 

But they, unlike some team I know (*cough*US*cough*), will most likely come out like you should against a lesser opponent and attempt to crush their spirit in the first 15 minutes. 

21 hours ago, 3rivers said:

what if the browns win, but we lose? I know it's not what anyone expects, but tomlin always plays down to teams, so this is no exception is it. 

Ceiling: find good ways to cope and be positive about the situation by saying if it was meant to be, it’ll be

floor: in need of a liver and rogaine 

They really should have scheduled the AFC North games in the 1pm slot. These games are freakin brutal, I have DAL-NYG and NE-NYJ. I’ve gotten so many NFC East games this year I think I’m going to puke. I’d rather watch the Packers and Lions with Pat McAfee commentating.

Either way i get to watch the Browns vs Ravens instead of our game but that would be a lot better than this crap they got on now.

If my city had any firefighters or ems that looked like that I probably would be in jail or the psych ward for setting my house on fire too many times.

8 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

They really should have scheduled the AFC North games in the 1pm slot. These games are freakin brutal, I have DAL-NYG and NE-NYJ. I’ve gotten so many NFC East games this year I think I’m going to puke. I’d rather watch the Packers and Lions with Pat McAfee commentating.

Either way i get to watch the Browns vs Ravens instead of our game but that would be a lot better than this crap they got on now.

If my city had any firefighters or ems that looked like that I probably would be in jail or the psych ward for setting my house on fire too many times.

I'd be leaving all my clothes in that fire too.

Archived