Stick with #1 Overall or Trade Down?

MacReady

50 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Of course you want to improve the offense, but the top 5 is defense heavy. Could we give up a little bit of a bargain for the first? Yeah we could, but to have Bosa and Jones coming off the edge is so much more appealing than that. 

Although I agree that Bosa and Jones would be dynamic in pass rush, it does nothing to help stop the run or improve our league worst offense. Moving down to grab Oline, WR or strength the middle of the defense makes more sense and would improve the team much more than a pass rusher. 

• 2 weeks later...

If Bosa is healthy he should be the pick. Moving down to acquire more picks makes sense if Keim didn’t have a history of wasting a majority of his picks. He’s either a poor evaluator of talent or he has the wrong people in place. I’m leaning towards both.

He gets a pass on Cooper and Buchanan but he paid max value for Humphries and his justification of the pick is worse than the selection itself. If Humphries had gone back to Florida he would have been a top 10 pick the the following year.  If Humphries returned for his junior season he would have been injured and Keim could have had him in the 3rd.

Nkemdiche was a bum on draft day and Reddick was apparently top 3 on his board.

17 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Cards fans don't come by here too often anymore my man 

That's a bummer. I hadn't noticed that. They should! 

3 hours ago, PizzaPusher said:

Draft Bosa. Keim  is probably the worst talent evaluator in the league. If Nick busts so be it but expecting a guy who’s missed on every first round pick to suddenly start getting it right is dumb. 

You ready to declare Rosen a bust? 

On 1/22/2019 at 3:31 PM, Heinz D. said:

I'm legit confused as to why Packers fans are driving this discussion...:|

Because at least one Packer fan wants the Cards to trade Chandler Jones to GB in exchange for a 2019 1st
By the time the Cards are ready to compete in 3 years, Chandler Jones will be 31 and in need of a new deal

They could take Bosa at # 1 and then use the Packers pick to bolster their team with players who will be ready to shine in 2-3 years. Its basically a time machine swap, trading a guy who is top- notch now, for one that will be top- notch later.

It doesn't work in every year, but this draft is loaded with LB/DE types and that's essentially what the Raiders did in moving Mack for picks.
They re-set the clock for 2-3 years into the future. The Cards spent a 2nd to acquire Jones, getting a late 1st in return isn't a bad deal

On 1/23/2019 at 5:14 PM, PizzaPusher said:

Not at all but I’m not ready to declare him a FQB.  

So that means Keim's the worst, then? I'm confused. Please elaborate.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Because at least one Packer fan wants the Cards to trade Chandler Jones to GB in exchange for a 2019 1st
By the time the Cards are ready to compete in 3 years, Chandler Jones will be 31 and in need of a new deal

They could take Bosa at # 1 and then use the Packers pick to bolster their team with players who will be ready to shine in 2-3 years. Its basically a time machine swap, trading a guy who is top- notch now, for one that will be top- notch later.

Kind of like the Mack trade, then. Except you're actually not talking about multiple players involved. (Or are you? It's not clear.) 

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

It doesn't work in every year, but this draft is loaded with LB/DE types and that's essentially what the Raiders did in moving Mack for picks.
They re-set the clock for 2-3 years into the future. The Cards spent a 2nd to acquire Jones, getting a late 1st in return isn't a bad deal

Lol, I'd keep walking if you expect that to happen. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived