Quincy Enunwa signed to a multi-year extension

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well maybe he can stay healthy and be worth it.

I’m really meh on this. Don’t think resigning Q should of been a huge priority. Good locker room guy and definitely gritty, but even when he played in the latter half of this season he really didn’t do much.

I like the continuity though. The WR market is inflated. 

4 years, $36 million. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Well maybe he can stay healthy and be worth it.

There had been rumors the Jets have played it cautious with him throughout these negotiations. I think he should be playing, but I do like him a lot as a player. A little more money than I prefer, but I get the sense the Jets wanted to lock him up knowing how poor the free agency market looks... very possible a team would've overpaid for Enunwa on projection alone. 

10 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

4 years, $36 million. 

There had been rumors the Jets have played it cautious with him throughout these negotiations. I think he should be playing, but I do like him a lot as a player. A little more money than I prefer, but I get the sense the Jets wanted to lock him up knowing how poor the free agency market looks... very possible a team would've overpaid for Enunwa on projection alone. 

9 M a year puts him right between Pierre Garcon 9.5m per year (age 32) and Marquise Lee 8.5 m per year (age 27).

Enunwa is 26 and has always looked great when healthy. Love the value there and gives Darny some consistency.

Not going to worry about an extra 1M or so to lock up a life time Jet and great locker room guy.  Just needs an OC to put him in better position moving forward.  Love that we locked up our slot WR for the next 4 years.  Him and Herdon are going to be a matchup nightmare for LBs and slot CBs.  

Hopefully he can shake that injury bug and be the guy we saw in 2016.

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not going to worry about an extra 1M or so to lock up a life time Jets and great locker room guy.  Just needs an OC to put him in better position moving forward.  Love that we locked up our slot WR for the next 4 years.  Him and Herdon are going to be a matchup nightmare for LBs and slot CBs.  

Hopefully he can shake that injury bug and be the guy we saw in 2016.

My favorite part about having Enunwa back. Defenses are going to have a tough time defending them. If both are healthy should see a a lot of mismatches against TEs next year. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

My favorite part about having Enunwa back. Defenses are going to have a tough time defending them. If both are healthy should see a a lot of mismatches against TEs next year. 

As good as Herndon was this year (top 5 pff) TE's always take a year or 2 to fully establish themselves too.

If we just add one more solid WR like a (Sills or a Harmon or a Arcega-Whiteside) type in the 3rd a big bodied X WR then Sam is set moving forward.

Z- Anderson (deep threat)
Y - Q
TE - Herndon
X - ?

That and basically an entire new OL. 

21 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That is a lot of money for a guy who has never had a 1000 yard season. The problem is who are we going to replace him with, we really need him, we had to resign him. 

It is, and they're signing him on projection. They're hoping Sam's improvement along with Qs progression (both health and as a player) will result in big seasons to come. Kind of reminds me how the Rams signed Woods or how the Redskins signed Richardson. We've seen enough from Enunwa (when healthy) to know that he can be a very productive player, just needs to put it all together. 

44 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

As good as Herndon was this year (top 5 pff) TE's always take a year or 2 to fully establish themselves too.

If we just add one more solid WR like a (Sills or a Harmon or a Arcega-Whiteside) type in the 3rd a big bodied X WR then Sam is set moving forward.

Z- Anderson (deep threat)
Y - Q
TE - Herndon
X - ?

That and basically an entire new OL. 

AJ Green would be phenomenal, but its unrealistic. I'm for signing a veteran "bridge" and taking a risk on one of these receivers somewhere in the draft. Would love Metcalf if we can move down

We’d have a solid field of receivers if we could get a true no 1 since the rest are all great complimentary ones. Don’t think we find one in the draft early hopefully we sort out our pass rush.

little over paid but solid deal for enunwa... grow ur own talent instead of overpaying for someone else’s 

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

AJ Green would be phenomenal, but its unrealistic. I'm for signing a veteran "bridge" and taking a risk on one of these receivers somewhere in the draft. Would love Metcalf if we can move down

This class is loaded at the WR spot with about 10-12 really good WR's who could fill that void as X WR.  Got to think at least a handful make it to late 2nd early 3rd where we could make a move for one with our pick or a trade up.

I too love Metcalf (best WR in this class for me).  I'd be thrilled with one of the many 6'3"+ big bodied guys in this class come round 3.

Funchess is an interesting player.  Never really broke out in CAR but has shored up his questionable hands to become reliable in that aspect.  You are going to have to open the check book for him but we have that ability and a need for a big target like him.  Maybe a change of scenery to a better passing QB would benefit him.  I think he's worth a look because no way CAR resigns him.

Archived