Quincy Enunwa signed to a multi-year extension

jetskid007

20 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

This class is loaded at the WR spot with about 10-12 really good WR's who could fill that void as X WR.  Got to think at least a handful make it to late 2nd early 3rd where we could make a move for one with our pick or a trade up.

I too love Metcalf (best WR in this class for me).  I'd be thrilled with one of the many 6'3"+ big bodied guys in this class come round 3.

Funchess is an interesting player.  Never really broke out in CAR but has shored up his questionable hands to become reliable in that aspect.  You are going to have to open the check book for him but we have that ability and a need for a big target like him.  Maybe a change of scenery to a better passing QB would benefit him.  I think he's worth a look because no way CAR resigns him.

Metcalf is Josh Gordon, but his issues aren't drugs- its medicals. 

I think Funchess would be worth considering. He's only 24 (25 in May) and has never had a "bad" season. He's another player like Enunwa that was raw coming in, has the skill, but needs to put everything together. He's a possession type receiver with higher upside than Kearse, but I'm worried about what the market may demand for him. 

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Metcalf is Josh Gordon, but his issues aren't drugs- its medicals. 

I think Funchess would be worth considering. He's only 24 (25 in May) and has never had a "bad" season. He's another player like Enunwa that was raw coming in, has the skill, but needs to put everything together. He's a possession type receiver with higher upside than Kearse, but I'm worried about what the market may demand for him. 

Whats the deal w him though? I feel like hes been benched in Carolina at this point. 

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

As good as Herndon was this year (top 5 pff) TE's always take a year or 2 to fully establish themselves too.

If we just add one more solid WR like a (Sills or a Harmon or a Arcega-Whiteside) type in the 3rd a big bodied X WR then Sam is set moving forward.

Z- Anderson (deep threat)
Y - Q
TE - Herndon
X - ?

That and basically an entire new OL. 

That’s the blue print. Although I want us to get a bridge guy in FA to be the X. If anything we’ll have 4 WRs. But sometimes it take these WRs a couple years to develop. So, I would like to get a guy like Tyrell Williams. Then go into the draft and try and get a long term answer at the X.

6 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

As good as Herndon was this year (top 5 pff) TE's always take a year or 2 to fully establish themselves too.

If we just add one more solid WR like a (Sills or a Harmon or a Arcega-Whiteside) type in the 3rd a big bodied X WR then Sam is set moving forward.

Z- Anderson (deep threat)
Y - Q
TE - Herndon
X - ?

That and basically an entire new OL. 

Adam Gase gonna have a field day with these guys. 

Smart move. This doesn't stop us from adding another top WR because he can play the z/y position. He's been great and has the ability to reach 1,000 yards when healthy & a decent QB is throwing him the ball. Adding a WR to Anderson, Enunwa, and Herndon would be perfect for Sam next season. 

Im ok with the figure as well. Puts him right at the 25th highest paid WR or so. When healthy... that’s right where he’s around. Where this will upset me is if we don’t add another WR or 2 with significant talent somehow. Thinking Enunwa and Robby are all we need.

8 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Surprised we haven’t brought up Adam Humphries. He’s gotten better every year in TB. With Evans and Godwin, TB will likely let him walk even with DJax on the way out. 

I’ve brought him up as an option. One of the more intriguing FA options in a weak class. Ideally we add someone like him and still draft a guy in the 1st few rounds.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve brought him up as an option. One of the more intriguing FA options in a weak class. Ideally we add someone like him and still draft a guy in the 1st few rounds.

I agree.  I love the depth of the WR class. I just don’t know if there are many elites. I’d love to add a guy like Hollywood Brown. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I agree.  I love the depth of the WR class. I just don’t know if there are many elites. I’d love to add a guy like Hollywood Brown. 

I’m not going to picky bc I really just want us to add weapons... but ideally the WRs we’d add would be a Humphries type agile slot WR that doesn’t have to be that big. And the other a possession bigger WR.

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not going to picky bc I really just want us to add weapons... but ideally the WRs we’d add would be a Humphries type agile slot WR that doesn’t have to be that big. And the other a possession bigger WR.

I’d love Hollywood just for another speed option who you could slide all over the offense. He could also beat you up top, so if both him and Robbie were streaking up field, one would likely have single coverage. 

Archived