Lieker Mock 2019 1.0

Lieker

HC: Kris Richard

OC: Todd Monken(Bucs fire their Coaching Staff)

DC: Mike Pettine

ST: Not a clue.

————————-

FA:

Retained: 

CB: B. Breeland

DL: M. Wilkerson

ILB: J. Ryan

WR: G. Allison

Fresh Blood:

EDGE: Z. Smith (Former Raven)

S: Tre Boston

WR: A. Humphries (Comes over to join Monken)

————————-

2019 NFL DRAFT

We lose to the Lions and have the 10th pick in the 1st...

1st(10) : EDGE Jachai Polite 6’2 260 lb Florida

-Stocky Build

-Former DL

-Explosive 1st step

-Nice bend around the edge

-Build to hold the edge

1st (30): S Nasir Adderly 5’11 200 lb Delaware 

-Small School

-Flashes strong all-around athleticism

-Former CB with man cover ability

-Sound tackler who is willing to hit

-Ball Skills are above average

-Big time riser

2nd (42): OL Cody Ford 6’4 337 Oklahoma 

-College Tackle

-Suprisingly great athlete for a player his size

-Great strength and power

-Strong run blocker

-Has feet to stay at Tackle

-Could be a Pro Bowl Guard

3rd (74): DL/EDGE Anthony Nelson 6’7 277 lb Iowa

-Long arms and frame

-Productive pass rusher

-Can hold the edge in the run game

-Strong motor

-Could potentially play inside on obvious pass downs

-Reminds me of a longer Dean Lowry

4th (108ish) TE Isaac Nauta 6’4 246 lb Georgia

-Former 5 Star Recruit

-Great frame

-Very good straight line athlete

-Strong Hands

-Underutilized in college

-Inconsistent but willing blocker with frame/strength to be above average

4th (114ish): WR Denzel Mims 6’3 208 lb Baylor

-Great filled out frame

-Strong all-around athlete

-Relatively raw but productive deep threat WR

-Strong ball skills

-Riser

5th (138ish): OL Chris Conway 6’6 300 lb Syracuse

-Nice length

-3 year starter at LT

-Shows the feet to be an NFL LT.

-Showed well against ACC’s best rushers while at Syracuse

-Needs to add bulk/strength in run game

6th (165ish): RB JJ Taylor

5’6 180 lb Arizona

-Tiny jitterbug type similar to a Philip Lindsay

-Strong all-around athlete

-Suprisingly strong legs for his size

-Highly productive rusher at Arizona

-Not utilized a ton in the passing game. System or lacks the ability?

-Has been utilized as a productive KR

6th (190ish): CB Mark Gilbert 6’1 175 lb Duke

-Long and thin frame. 

-Solid ball skills

-Good athlete across the board

-Projected riser coming into season but dropped due to early season hip injury

7th (220ish): TE Tommy Sweeney 6’5 255 lb Boston College

-Average Athlete

-Soft Hands

-Solid Blocking ability 

-Richard Rodgers type with blocking ability?

Let me know your thoughts! I tried to go with some lesser known sleepers that might make sense for the Packers.

I like the direction the draft is going. Mock's this early always just draft based off need and this is no different. 

At this point I love the coaching hires. Richard and Monken are high on my lists and imo would be a success. Really like the FA signings as well, but we need to spend a little bit more imo. I would guess you're at about $30m on your signings and retained players. 

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I like the direction the draft is going. Mock's this early always just draft based off need and this is no different. 

At this point I love the coaching hires. Richard and Monken are high on my lists and imo would be a success. Really like the FA signings as well, but we need to spend a little bit more imo. I would guess you're at about $30m on your signings and retained players. 

Thanks for the feedback! In an ideal world we would get a higher EDGE in place of Smith or Safety in place of Boston. I just don’t see one that is likely to sign with us.  I usually try to be as realistic/conservative in my mocks as possible. The Packers could surprise us though. 

Agreed on on the coaches. I honestly wouldn’t be mad if Monken became our HC. I’m a fan of his aggressive passing. Richard has been my favorite so far though. 

4 hours ago, Golfman said:

I think Adderly is way overdrafted in this mock. Even if he blew up the combine I don't think he could move into round 1.  

I think by the time the draft comes along he’ll be considered a late 1st/early 2nd round prospect. Heck, “The Draft Network” had him going to the Seahawks at the 23rd pick of the 1st round in their mock draft. He’s a riser for sure. In my mind if you want a Centerfield type FS in this draft you’ll have to take them early. Seems like a solid SS class but shallow in terms of coverage safeties. The only two I like are Adderly and Thompson from Alabama at this point.

Overall, I like the draft for the positions taken.  Maybe an IL/OL in 4th instead of WR but otherwise solid.  Like the idea of jitterbug/kick returner type WR later on as we don't have anything close to that now.  I did see a "no clue" for a special teams coach which has been so overlooked the past number of years.  We absolutely have to have an improvement there whoever it may be.  Good job.

3 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I like this a lot. Been warming up to Richard lately. One concern with Monken at OC is that if he succeeds with Rodgers, he's probably a slam-dunk HC candidate elsewhere after just one or two years. Still, I would be happy with this offseason. Nice work, @Lieker.

That’s definitely a possibility. I wouldn’t be against Monken as our HC either. I’ve just heard a lot of good things about Richard.

31 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Overall, I like the draft for the positions taken.  Maybe an IL/OL in 4th instead of WR but otherwise solid.  Like the idea of jitterbug/kick returner type WR later on as we don't have anything close to that now.  I did see a "no clue" for a special teams coach which has been so overlooked the past number of years.  We absolutely have to have an improvement there whoever it may be.  Good job.

Thanks for the feedback. Ford in the 2nd is more of a RT/IOL so he helps to fill that need. Conway in the 5th gives a swing tackle with 3 years of LT experience. Not really if he offers much in the interior.

Our return game has really seemed to struggle recently. This guy could be the answer while offering us a gadget player/change of pace Back similar to Lindsay, Cohen, Woodhead, Sproles. 

I didn’t put a ST coach in there only because I don’t have the slightest clue who’s a possibility for the position. I do agree that it needs to be a priority though.

Archived