The Redskins need to draft a QB in every draft

MKnight82

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont think it would hurt. Look at the rotation the Pats have brought in the past decade to check out. Even if its some UDFA guys, bring in competition yearly and keep pressure on the starter/backup/3rd all the time.

Agreed.  They've gotten a few assets out of their backups too, then go back to the draft and find another one.  It doesn't hurt to have too many QBs, a lesson I hope our front office has learned from this season.  

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Yeah this draft seems to stink at QB though.  The brain trust just doesn't have the forward thinking here. It would have been interesting to draft Mason Rudolph last year.

I've seen Rudolph's name pop up here quite a bit in this forum, what's up with that?  

There are still some decent 2nd and 3rd round prospects though.  Would be easier to swallow if we had the third round pick we included in the Alex Smith trade.  So if the team doesn't like the QBs in the draft, and doesn't want to tank, that means we are going with the retreads who will be released.  Tannehill and Bortles probably highlight that list. 

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Until they find their franchise guy. 

I don’t care if it’s early round/late round, take a stab at it every year.  Who knows you could strike gold.  

THIS ^^^ has been my advice EVERY.YEAR!!

Along with draft a lineman (either DL or OL) somewhere in the first 3 rounds every year.

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I've seen Rudolph's name pop up here quite a bit in this forum, what's up with that?  

There are still some decent 2nd and 3rd round prospects though.  Would be easier to swallow if we had the third round pick we included in the Alex Smith trade.  So if the team doesn't like the QBs in the draft, and doesn't want to tank, that means we are going with the retreads who will be released.  Tannehill and Bortles probably highlight that list. 

I'm telling you guys. I've watched a fair bit of Rypien's nephew and I think he's gonna be a decent QB. Would be great if we grabbed him

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm telling you guys. I've watched a fair bit of Rypien's nephew and I think he's gonna be a decent QB. Would be great if we grabbed him

I like Brett Rypien. I question arm strength. 

But until Bruce Allen is gone, I honestly dont see any progress towards a successful franchise. 

13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Until they find their franchise guy. 

I don’t care if it’s early round/late round, take a stab at it every year.  Who knows you could strike gold.  

I've always been an advocate of this (well honestly I said every other year), but I wouldn't complain.

Archived