BirdBox {Netflix)

Manny/Patrick

15 minutes ago, jjab360 said:

Do people think this movie was actually good? It was basically the Happening with slightly better acting... If you look at movies within the subgenre, it wasn't even 1/10th as good as A Quiet Place.

Now that really makes me not want to watch Bird Box. I barely made it through A Quiet Place.  I kept hoping for Jim to pull the ultimate prank on Dwight and it never happened. :(

29 minutes ago, jjab360 said:

Do people think this movie was actually good? It was basically the Happening with slightly better acting... If you look at movies within the subgenre, it wasn't even 1/10th as good as A Quiet Place.

yeah it was like the happening crossed with the mist.

less trashy than the happening, but still unintentionally funny in parts.

i still liked Malkovich though in it

On 12/29/2018 at 3:02 AM, Deadpulse said:

This movie is getting so much hype and I am not sure why

Probably cause so much original content by Netflix is subpar so anything above that gets rave reviews 

Still amazed the Asian dude was able to kill himself by knocking his chair over after watching security cam footage. Like how much force he would’ve had to throw down to actually die there? That dude had to have had some serious training in chair knocking over

spoiler tagged by your friendly neighborhood mod

I thought it was solid.  Not as good as A Quiet Place but definitely better than what's being said in here.  Part of the reason I think it struck somewhat of a chord is being the father of 2 young kids myself.  Movies take on a different angle when you have kids.  Finding Nemo is a much different experience when you do.  

Also, I don't feel the need to be spoon-fed an explanation to what was behind this.  It was clearly more than a virus and somewhere between demonic and alien.  I don't mind knowing only as much as the characters do esp in a movie like this.

It was solid.  Not sure why people are offended that it's doing really well for Netflix.  Probably won't ever watch it again, but I'm glad I watched it and I enjoyed it.  Acting was more than just a little better than The Happening, and the suicide scenes we're also far superior.

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

acting, yes.

but suicide scenes? no way

3218337940_a3e20172d1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The lawnmower was just too campy for me.  I literally laughed out loud when I watched that during the Happening, whereas 

the lady calmly getting into and sitting down in the burning car was far more unsettling to me

26 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The lawnmower was just too campy for me.  I literally laughed out loud when I watched that during the Happening, whereas 

Reveal hidden contents

the lady calmly getting into and sitting down in the burning car was far more unsettling to me

the happening is its so bad its good.

the birdbox to me was also a good bad movie, at least for the first 75 percent.

although birdbox was played much more straight which i appreciated.

the happening seemed bad on purpose sometimes

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

How the flip did those birds survive when the boat tipped over lmao. Such a bad movie

A movie about monsters that make you kill yourself if you see them and the birds surviving being in water for a minute is what ruins it for you?

Archived