BirdBox {Netflix)

Manny/Patrick

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

A movie about monsters that make you kill yourself if you see them and the birds surviving being in water for a minute is what ruins it for you?

I never said that's what ruined it for me.

I just pointed out one of the many absurdity's which collectively made it stupid.

5 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Why did this virus only affect normal people, while the ones deemed crazy didn't commit suicide

Virus seemingly had no affect on the insane.  Sane people were immediately corrupted.  At least that's the way I interpreted it.

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

because the movie needed it to.

Honestly, I like that it wasn't explained.  No one would have been able to figure that crap out and it added an extra element of danger.  If you could just always wear a blindfold outside, then it becomes a lot easier to survive than with the raving band of crazies who want to force you to look.

18 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Honestly, I like that it wasn't explained.  No one would have been able to figure that crap out and it added an extra element of danger.  If you could just always wear a blindfold outside, then it becomes a lot easier to survive than with the raving band of crazies who want to force you to look.

in all  seroiusness, i like that element too of having people who arent affected.

and yeah, whatever they explained would be dumb and like "how do they know?"

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Why are people saying it was a virus lol it was clear as day some sort of demonic figure. The insane guy even drew them. 

Also, the book ending was far more horrific. Kind of glad they didn't go that route but also kind of wish they had.

I'm never going to read it, can you give me a quick explanation of how the book ends in spoiler tags?

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Reveal hidden contents

They don't find a school of the blind, they find a group of survivors who had forcefully blinded themselves by damaging/removing their eyes

I would have loved that.  My wife would have hated that.  I get why they went the route they did, but damn, that's a much better ending in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Why are people saying it was a virus lol it was clear as day some sort of demonic figure. The insane guy even drew them. 

Also, the book ending was far more horrific. Kind of glad they didn't go that route but also kind of wish they had.

now i am going to get it

Archived