Trevor Lawrence

malak1

I think all the talk about his physical skillets are fully valid but really drown out his intangibles.

He's has such a calm demeanor in the biggest stages. Thats going to be lethal going forward with them combining that with experience and off-season conditioning to build up his lean body to take NFL beating.

I'm honestly truly terrified of him when he comes to the NFL

1 hour ago, Marc MacGyver said:

I'm just not seeing the issue with his physique. He's hardly a beanpole & just out of high school. 

Can someone list the well built QBs playing currently in the NFL?

(Outside of Cam - Of course)

Josh Allen comes to mind, Luck looks like an athletic TE too

9 hours ago, Marc MacGyver said:

I'm just not seeing the issue with his physique. He's hardly a beanpole & just out of high school. 

I agree, his physique is rock solid, did people not see Alabama defenders literally bounce off of him at times because the strength he has?  The kid is well put together and can handle pressure and being hit and will only get stronger over the next two years.  

22 minutes ago, PAW said:

No one is trading down from 1 when he is in the draft. 

that would be crazy to do so anyway. TL is a generational type talent. Colts went from 2 to 11 wins in rookie season with Luck. Baker led Browns from 0-16 to 7 wins and TL is a lot better prospect. Whoever gets him can turn around the franchise in 1 year so I don't see any reason for a team to trade down.

13 hours ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Flacco was listed as only 200 lbs on Rivals, Glennon was under 200.  Foles was already 235 coming out.  

I don’t see it as an issue, especially with the limitations on hitting the qb.

3 hours ago, PAW said:

No one is trading down from 1 when he is in the draft. 

Never know. Traditional thinking would lead me to agree w/ you though.

EDIT: I should've said they'd "try" trade everything for him which goes to show you, everyone has their price. If a team came in w/ an offer they couldn't turn down, they'd take it. Yes, I know it'd be a lot.

15 hours ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Yeah it's not like it worked for Brady Quinn, is it. Size might be important for injury prevention (I dunno...not qualified to say), but it's hardly indicative of good QBing - IMO.

Just watched a bit of the dude's film and holy crap. From a mechanics standpoint, he's easily the best freshman I've ever seen. He will not fail in the NFL.

God I hope the Pats tank in 2021 now if they don't have the next guy by then.

He's wiry athletic with barely an ounce of fat on him. His body resembles that of a WR more than a QB (Who typically carry a little more padding / body fat). 

Yet, if the stats are accurate? He already weighs as much a Derek Carr, & is just shy of Eli Manning & Josh Rosen. Two more years of elite college level training & as he grows into his body - he'll likely be 220+. 

I watched a replay of his performance - when he actually does get hit, he absorbs the impact well. And, when he kept the ball & took it into contact, he was a handful to stop. (That QB leg drive)

The only time I was concerned about his welfare, was when he ducked his head in contact & got hit helmet to helmet. But, he'll learn to keep his head up. 

Let's be honest, he's a cerebral QB who isn't going to take a lot of unnecessary hits. He already has a great feel for pressure, even as a freshman. 

Archived