Trevor Lawrence

malak1

Trevor Lawrence's frame looks great for a true freshman. I suppose people have to look for any wrinkle when you play as well as he does. He's going to be a pocket guy in the NFL and he's going to be a pocket QB with tremendous intelligence, footwork and awareness, he's not going to get hit often unless he falls into a personnel mess with an incompetent play-caller. Pretty much a non-issue. People have to pick at something. He'll look great at the 2021 combine. 

1 hour ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Trevor Lawrence's frame looks great for a true freshman. I suppose people have to look for any wrinkle when you play as well as he does. He's going to be a pocket guy in the NFL and he's going to be a pocket QB with tremendous intelligence, footwork and awareness, he's not going to get hit often unless he falls into a personnel mess with an incompetent play-caller. Pretty much a non-issue. People have to pick at something. He'll look great at the 2021 combine. 

honestly, he's built really well for a true freshman. If he commits to becoming even more athletic over the next few offseasons the people criticizing him now will be comparing his athletic ability to someone like Carson Wentz

21 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

honestly, he's built really well for a true freshman. If he commits to becoming even more athletic over the next few offseasons the people criticizing him now will be comparing his athletic ability to someone like Carson Wentz

215 is good weight for a 19 year old. Naturally he will add 15-20 pounds over the next 2 years and will play in the NFL at 230-235. 

On 1/8/2019 at 1:52 PM, RuskieTitan said:

How often do true freshmen, immediately after winning a huge game for their school, tell everyone they plan to leave early?

He gave the PC answer.

I think if Clemson is sitting that at 3 straight with TL at the helm, he might consider staying back for the 4th year to be the only team/QB that I can think of to win 4 straight.  But yeah, he's gone after 3 years.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:32 AM, PAW said:

No one is trading down from 1 when he is in the draft. 

I could see a couple teams that have young franchise QBs would trade down from #1, though obviously a young franchise QB means that the QB got hurt and would need to be from a 100% easily recoverable injury, but that's the only way.  Only QBs right now that would fit that would be Mahomes and maybe either Goff or Wentz?

4 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

And that's a revelation or stretch how, exactly?! That's kind of a 'Duh' in my book...not trying to be mean. 

:S

In a way I agree.  Right now the negatives in regards to Lawrence are slim to nothing at all, especially considering he is a true freshman.  Will see if he can live up to this type of hype and expectation now with the success he has had.  He will basically be expected to win every game he plays for the next two years by two or more touchdowns and pass for what 300 yards a game and multiple touchdowns each game.   The standard he will be held to will be quite high but why wouldn't it be, same can be said for his freshman teammate Justyn Ross.  That is the only negative I see about Lawrence is if he someone cannot handle the pressure and or the fame, because otherwise there is not much to nitpick about with him at all.  

Yeah it is not like oh I hate how he has such a strong arm, can take hits, how he is so tall, how he is athletic and can throw on the move, oh I hate that not to mention his pocket fundamentals are too strong.  Right....  The guy is the best true freshman QB I have ever seen no doubt about it.  Like I said before maybe Michael Vick but he was a RS freshman and was a wow athlete instead of a QB really.

Here's a hypothetical to consider: If Trevor Lawrence could enter the draft as a freshman for this upcoming draft, would he go #1 overall? Even after drafting Rosen last year, would the Cardinals double down at QB? Or would some other QB needy team undoubtedly trade up? Exactly how good is this kid?

26 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Here's a hypothetical to consider: If Trevor Lawrence could enter the draft as a freshman for this upcoming draft, would he go #1 overall? Even after drafting Rosen last year, would the Cardinals double down at QB? Or would some other QB needy team undoubtedly trade up? Exactly how good is this kid?

I would flip Rosen so fast for whatever I could get if Lawrence was available this year.  

50 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I think his only real competition for the #1 pick/1st QB is Haskins.  Both have only 1 year of experience, but with TL being younger would definitely give him a leg up regardless of how you want to view them as players since I think both are more than capable of being legit franchise QBs with what they've shown.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

He'd no doubt go #1 this year imo.

21 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Absotively and posolutely.

Archived