Trevor Lawrence

malak1

2 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Tua is the next Russell Wilson, you'll be happy he's your QB

Right now I have Tua as a late 1st rounder, with a lot of room to either rise or fall depending on how he performs in the big games. I couldn't care less how he performs against unranked teams. 

The three games in Bama's post season, he looked bad in 2 and good against OU. I didn't catch any of the LSU or A&M games. 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Right now I have Tua as a late 1st rounder, with a lot of room to either rise or fall depending on how he performs in the big games. I couldn't care less how he performs against unranked teams. 

The three games in Bama's post season, he looked bad in 2 and good against OU. I didn't catch any of the LSU or A&M games. 

He was injured against Georgia and he played bad against Clemson but so did the whole team. He didn't single handily cost them the game, Alabama got completely dominated. Tua is going to go #1 he is the new Russell Wilson, I'm not going to let 2 bad games take away whole season of dominance. As long as he stays health he is going 1st

1 minute ago, Nozizaki said:

Tua's injury concerns scare the crap out of me. Only reason Lawrence would be ahead.

That's only concern I got for him. Of course I have Lawrence ahead of him as well but people are sleeping on Fields. I'm telling you Lawrence isn't guaranteed to go #1 in the 21 draft. I think Fields is a special prospect as well and it's going to be a major debate between those 2 like it was with Luck vs Griffin, Winston vs Mariota, Goff vs Wentz and most popular QB debate of all time, Manning vs Luck. It's going to be a special time

37 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

He was injured against Georgia and he played bad against Clemson but so did the whole team. He didn't single handily cost them the game, Alabama got completely dominated. Tua is going to go #1 he is the new Russell Wilson, I'm not going to let 2 bad games take away whole season of dominance. As long as he stays health he is going 1st

Look, you're clearly wearing Crimson tinted glasses. 
He will be in contention to go #1 if he can perform big in big games, but right now it's far and away Herbert. If they were all being drafted today, I'd still, without thinking twice, take Fromm before I took Tua. Tua still has to refine his skills and do so when it matters most.

40 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

That's only concern I got for him. Of course I have Lawrence ahead of him as well but people are sleeping on Fields. I'm telling you Lawrence isn't guaranteed to go #1 in the 21 draft. I think Fields is a special prospect as well and it's going to be a major debate between those 2 like it was with Luck vs Griffin, Winston vs Mariota, Goff vs Wentz and most popular QB debate of all time, Manning vs Luck. It's going to be a special time

Fields is good sure but to be even in the conversation to be picked ahead of Lawrence in 2021, well I doubt it even gets to that point.  Lawrence just beat Alabama and won the national title, oh and they totally beat down Alabama.  You think Fields will do something similar next year?  I doubt it, that bar is very high and doubt Fields could reach that even with a great season next year or the year after.  

Lawrence would have to be completely plateaued and stop progressing and improving from this point on and I doubt that happens.  

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

He will be in contention to go #1 if he can perform big in big games, but right now it's far and away Herbert. If they were all being drafted today, I'd still, without thinking twice, take Fromm before I took Tua. Tua still has to refine his skills and do so when it matters most.

Tua still needs some work and his end of the season play was not great but sure some of it was injury related, other parts of it was just lack of big game  experience.  But in terms of upside, he has way more of it than Fromm who has an obviously limited arm.  If in college it looks like you have a limited arm in the NFL that will be even more obvious, possibly like a Colt McCoy situation, sure good player and good manager but does not have the arm talent to be an elite player, go as Aaron Murray.  He was a four year started and really good for a long time, but is clearly limited in terms of his NFL potential and most of that has to do with his basic arm talent or lack of it.  Will see how Fromm does next year, because just like Tua, Fromm was bad to end his season, that Texas game was rough and he played poorly.  

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm def not wearing Crimson Ride glasses as they're not my favorite. Don't really have a favorite team in college although I do like Georgia and Michigan. I'm def taking Tua over Frohm as he has more upside due to his athleticism and elite arm and he has shown much better production than Frohm has

51 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Fields is good sure but to be even in the conversation to be picked ahead of Lawrence in 2021, well I doubt it even gets to that point.  Lawrence just beat Alabama and won the national title, oh and they totally beat down Alabama.  You think Fields will do something similar next year?  I doubt it, that bar is very high and doubt Fields could reach that even with a great season next year or the year after.  

Lawrence would have to be completely plateaued and stop progressing and improving from this point on and I doubt that happens.  

Tua still needs some work and his end of the season play was not great but sure some of it was injury related, other parts of it was just lack of big game  experience.  But in terms of upside, he has way more of it than Fromm who has an obviously limited arm.  If in college it looks like you have a limited arm in the NFL that will be even more obvious, possibly like a Colt McCoy situation, sure good player and good manager but does not have the arm talent to be an elite player, go as Aaron Murray.  He was a four year started and really good for a long time, but is clearly limited in terms of his NFL potential and most of that has to do with his basic arm talent or lack of it.  Will see how Fromm does next year, because just like Tua, Fromm was bad to end his season, that Texas game was rough and he played poorly.  

Fields is going to have Heisman type season with Ohio St and bring them to playoffs. I expect Fields to bring Ohio St to playoffs in both years as starter and produce heisman type of years. Lawrence will be great as well but Fields will produce similar numbers and as prospect I think has potential to be as good as Lawrence, we'll see next year. I think both QBs are special and are going to be hyped as generational prospects like Leaf vs Manning and Luck vs Griffin were

2 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Fields is going to have Heisman type season with Ohio St and bring them to playoffs. I expect Fields to bring Ohio St to playoffs in both years as starter and produce heisman type of years. Lawrence will be great as well but Fields will produce similar numbers and as prospect I think has potential to be as good as Lawrence, we'll see next year. I think both QBs are special and are going to be hyped as generational prospects like Leaf vs Manning and Luck vs Griffin were

If Fields was as good as you say he would have taken the starting job from Fromm this season on Georgia and I expected him to do so.  But his knowledge of the passing game, accuracy, game management or whatever was not on par compared to Jake Fromm who I do not consider this all time great QB prospect.  Is Fromm better than Kelly Bryant was on Clemson, sure but only because he is younger and has more potential than Bryant arguably.

When Fields did play he was really athletic but still has a ways to go in the passing game I feel.  As for Ohio State, they could be good no doubt but have fun not throwing to Parris Champbell, Terry McLaurin and Johnnie Dixon all three senior captains and experienced route runners.  Lucky for him though they still have KJ Hill,  Binjimen Victor, Austin Mack and Chris Olave.  And people say the WRs had nothing to do with Haskins success this past year, yeah right, oh and Dobbins will be back to take pressure off in the run game also.  So yeah it will be interesting, I just doubt Fields ever gets to the level Lawrence is at right now.  The guy is superior in the pocket, has a better arm, is literally bigger and arguably just as athletic in many ways.  Heck will Fields even be able to play instantly next year?  Will see, it will be interesting to watch him actually play consistently on Ohio State...  See if he is similar to James Blackman where on the surface he has tons of ability but the more he plays the more issues one notices with his game.  

I still say he never comes close to what Trevor Lawrence is at right now in terms of upside and potential.  Best FR QB prospect I have ever seen no question.  

57 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

If Fields was as good as you say he would have taken the starting job from Fromm this season on Georgia and I expected him to do so.  But his knowledge of the passing game, accuracy, game management or whatever was not on par compared to Jake Fromm who I do not consider this all time great QB prospect.  Is Fromm better than Kelly Bryant was on Clemson, sure but only because he is younger and has more potential than Bryant arguably.

When Fields did play he was really athletic but still has a ways to go in the passing game I feel.  As for Ohio State, they could be good no doubt but have fun not throwing to Parris Champbell, Terry McLaurin and Johnnie Dixon all three senior captains and experienced route runners.  Lucky for him though they still have KJ Hill,  Binjimen Victor, Austin Mack and Chris Olave.  And people say the WRs had nothing to do with Haskins success this past year, yeah right, oh and Dobbins will be back to take pressure off in the run game also.  So yeah it will be interesting, I just doubt Fields ever gets to the level Lawrence is at right now.  The guy is superior in the pocket, has a better arm, is literally bigger and arguably just as athletic in many ways.  Heck will Fields even be able to play instantly next year?  Will see, it will be interesting to watch him actually play consistently on Ohio State...  See if he is similar to James Blackman where on the surface he has tons of ability but the more he plays the more issues one notices with his game.  

I still say he never comes close to what Trevor Lawrence is at right now in terms of upside and potential.  Best FR QB prospect I have ever seen no question.  

Reason he didn't start over Fromm cuz Fromm had great freshman year and kept playing well in his sophomore year. Hard to bench Successful QB for freshman. Similar how Tua couldn't start over Hurts until championship game even though he was more talented QB cuz Hurts was having success

Fields is much better athlete than Lawrence, has just good as an arm as Lawrence as well. Lawrence bears him with pocket presence and fundamentals which are obviously most important traits for QB

11 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Fields has a lot of catching up to do before he enters the conversation.

Lawrence is a Luck / Elway type of prospect - Physically, he's close to perfect, & mentally he's already demonstrating elite abilities. It's no surprise Trevor has stoked the fire in the NFL eligibility debate. 

Tbh, RG3 has probably damaged Fields chances of being seen as equal to Lawrence - Unless, he demonstrates phenomenal ability as a pure pocket passer. The athletic freak factor isn't going to fool anyone this time around. 

Archived