Dynasty and Keepers Offseason Talk

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

A couple players I need to make decisions on this offseason. Here are a couple players that I have that I'd love to hear people's Dynasty thoughts on

1) Tyler Lockett

2) Jameis Winston

3) Jared Cook 

1) Meh. Depends on cost. 

2) No interest. There's upside, obviously, but I'm through waiting for it. What he actually puts on the field is largely middle of the pack stuff, and should be fairly replaceable. Would depend on the number keepers each team has, which quarterbacks are available, etc. 

3) No real interest right now, but that could change. My biggest problem with him right now is that he's a free agent, and I don't know that he has anywhere near the value he had this year with any other team. The inconsistency throughout his career is also a problem, but I don't think the Raiders are going to solve all of their problems in an off season. Would also depend on what happens with Carr, etc. I could see some merit to keeping him if he's back with the Raiders, there's not much change over, etc, but I think it's largely too soon to make the judgment, but given how thin the TE position is, I get it. 

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

A couple players I need to make decisions on this offseason. Here are a couple players that I have that I'd love to hear people's Dynasty thoughts on

1) Tyler Lockett

2) Jameis Winston

3) Jared Cook 

Need more info.

Starters, teams in league, scoring, #of keepers per team, cost to keep, etc.

Lockett: I would keep.  Young target with Baldwin being faded out

Winston:  pass unless it is superflex or 2 QB starters 

Cook:  as @Forge noted, landing spot and what Oakland does at QB and in draft should he return to OAK

More or less set myself up with options (also just to block others from getting worthwhile keepers on the cheap).

It's a 2-keeper 1/2pt PPR league with an auction draft, so I'll probably end up keeping Michael Thomas again this year even at a $5 increase on price (which would put him up to $12 out of a $200 budget).  I'm going to dump David Johnson mostly because his keeper cost was getting up there (I was kind of counting on this anyway and the lull in performance pretty much sealed the deal).  So I've got Conner who I can keep at $5, and then I took late season fliers stashing Courtland Sutton on my bench and Jerrick McKinnon on my IR for keeper costs of $2 and $1 respectively.  Most likely it'll be one of Conner or McKinnon, with the former having the inside track, but I like having an insurance policy against one of my RB keepers getting injured in the preseason (or at least the preseason that takes place ahead of when we draft).

Other option, I suppose, but I don't value QB's as highly (lone exception would be if I could have locked down Mahomes at $1 keeper value the first year and a $5 increase each subsequent year, because I'd have a Top 5 fantasy QB locked up for 4 seasons at the average price paid per QB for the league), is I have Josh Allen at a $1 keeper value.

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

Need more info.

Starters, teams in league, scoring, #of keepers per team, cost to keep, etc.

Lockett: I would keep.  Young target with Baldwin being faded out

Winston:  pass unless it is superflex or 2 QB starters 

Cook:  as @Forge noted, landing spot and what Oakland does at QB and in draft should he return to OAK

My dynasty league is super detailed and kind of confusing to explain, but I’ll attempt.

Its a IDP Salary Cap League where you have 32 player rosters with $45 million dollar salary cap. Players are under contract for 1, 2 or 3 years. All players who have 1 year contacts will become free agents to go into the auction unless you transition tag 1 player to keep him. If a player is under contract for more than 1 year, you take a cap hit for 50% of his salary if you want to cut him.

Winston- he is under contract for 2 years for 3 million per year. I have Big Ben and Josh Rosen. Im thinking about cutting ties with Winston and taking the cap hit and trying to grab another QB in the auction.

Lockett- he has an expiring contract so I’m thinking about transition tagging him for just under 2 million. I have DeAndre Hopkins, Amari Cooper and Brandin Cooks under contract. I figured locking up Lockett could really solidify that position and allow me to use more auction money on RB that I have to rebuild.

Cook- situation similar to Lockett. Didn’t realize he was a real life FA so probably gonna let him walk. I already have OJ Howard and Philly Goedart locked up at TE.

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My dynasty league is super detailed and kind of confusing to explain, but I’ll attempt.

Its a IDP Salary Cap League where you have 32 player rosters with $45 million dollar salary cap. Players are under contract for 1, 2 or 3 years. All players who have 1 year contacts will become free agents to go into the auction unless you transition tag 1 player to keep him. If a player is under contract for more than 1 year, you take a cap hit for 50% of his salary if you want to cut him.

Winston- he is under contract for 2 years for 3 million per year. I have Big Ben and Josh Rosen. Im thinking about cutting ties with Winston and taking the cap hit and trying to grab another QB in the auction.

Lockett- he has an expiring contract so I’m thinking about transition tagging him for just under 2 million. I have DeAndre Hopkins, Amari Cooper and Brandin Cooks under contract. I figured locking up Lockett could really solidify that position and allow me to use more auction money on RB that I have to rebuild.

Cook- situation similar to Lockett. Didn’t realize he was a real life FA so probably gonna let him walk. I already have OJ Howard and Philly Goedart locked up at TE.

That is easy enough to understand for me.  I am in and run 3 different salary cap leagues and factoring in the $$ and contracts, dead cap penalty and options for franchise tag, etc is similar to my leagues.  

I think you are thinking it correctly.  

• Like 1

I won my primary league.  It's normal scoring, 1 point per reception, can keep up to four keepers.  If I do not keep four keepers, I can draft before the fifth round in my spot.  

QB- Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford

RB- Todd Gurley, Zeke Elliott, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, Dalvin Cook, Damien Williams, Spencer Ware, Darrius Guice (IR stash)

WR- Mike Evans, Robert Woods, Emmanuel Sanders, Julian Edelman, Golden Tate

TE- Zach Ertz, Trey Burton 

Last year, my keepers were Gurley, Elliott, Cook and Evans.  I am thinking this year, Gurley, EE, Chubb and either Evans/Ertz are the call.   I can also trade players for draft picks if other teams want to pick up keeper eligible players.  

On 12/30/2018 at 2:12 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I won my primary league.  It's normal scoring, 1 point per reception, can keep up to four keepers.  If I do not keep four keepers, I can draft before the fifth round in my spot.  

RB- Todd Gurley, Zeke Elliott, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, Dalvin Cook, Damien Williams, Spencer Ware, Darrius Guice (IR stash)

Last year, my keepers were Gurley, Elliott, Cook and Evans.  I am thinking this year, Gurley, EE, Chubb and either Evans/Ertz are the call.   I can also trade players for draft picks if other teams want to pick up keeper eligible players.  

I think you got to keep Ertz. There are like 3 great TE’s and then the position falls off a cliff. It is a decisive advantage having one of those guys. 

On 12/30/2018 at 11:12 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Evans scored 290 points in a ppr league, Ertz 280. There's a bit of a drop after Evans, but you'd be looking at potentially these type of guys to replace him with: Diggs (266), Keenan Allen (260, missed time), Brandin Cooks (243, missed one game where he got knocked out), TY Hilton (239, missed a couple of games). That is assuming none of them are kept as well. If you want to go to guys who very likely won't be kept, you're looking at the 200 point range - Tyler Boyd (221), Jarvis Landry (217), Edelman (207, missed time), etc. So count on a drop of about 80-90 points give or take. 

If you don't keep Ertz, the best you can hope for is Ebron (whom I'm not touching next year) at 222, or Cook at 193. Neither of those guys are ones that I would trust next season. Austin Hooper would be next up at 163. So you're looking at a drop of over 100 points more than likely, unless you get Gronk and he finds his game again (the other scenario would be that you go hard and overdraft someone like OJ Howard if he doesn't get kept) 

If its between Evans and Ertz, I think it has to be Ertz in a ppr league. It's too easy to make up some of Evans' production with other guys. Ertz nearly doubled the score of Burton (whom would be one of the better tight ends no kept, I think), and Burton finished the year 8th in points for a tight end. Ertz has to be the guy. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Evans scored 290 points in a ppr league, Ertz 280. There's a bit of a drop after Evans, but you'd be looking at potentially these type of guys to replace him with: Diggs (266), Keenan Allen (260, missed time), Brandin Cooks (243, missed one game where he got knocked out), TY Hilton (239, missed a couple of games). That is assuming none of them are kept as well. If you want to go to guys who very likely won't be kept, you're looking at the 200 point range - Tyler Boyd (221), Jarvis Landry (217), Edelman (207, missed time), etc. So count on a drop of about 80-90 points give or take. 

If you don't keep Ertz, the best you can hope for is Ebron (whom I'm not touching next year) at 222, or Cook at 193. Neither of those guys are ones that I would trust next season. Austin Hooper would be next up at 163. So you're looking at a drop of over 100 points more than likely, unless you get Gronk and he finds his game again (the other scenario would be that you go hard and overdraft someone like OJ Howard if he doesn't get kept) 

If its between Evans and Ertz, I think it has to be Ertz in a ppr league. It's too easy to make up some of Evans' production with other guys. Ertz nearly doubled the score of Burton (whom would be one of the better tight ends no kept, I think), and Burton finished the year 8th in points for a tight end. Ertz has to be the guy. 

Agree.  Depth at WR allows you to not keep Evans and find other options to replace that production.   TE, after Kelce, Ertz and maybe Kittle, it is a mixed bag and nothing really set for options.  Howard was on his way to a really nice year, so he probably is moving up the ranks.