Dynasty and Keepers Offseason Talk

EaglesPeteC

Hey Guys,

what's the trade value of David Johnson in a Dynasty league in your mind?

I'm not a fan of his. His 2016 season was phenomenal but since then 3 seasons have past. He had one decent one in 2018. 2017 and 2019 were just bad. He's not looking as fast as he was in 2016. I really doubt a healthy David Johnson today will ever produce the 2016 numbers again.

For what pick would u looking for? Still a 1st rounder? Early/Mid/Late? 

Edited by Edge

I own Chubb and Lev Bell. Scoring setting: .5 per carry, every 10 yards rush/rec is one point, one point ppr and all tds are six. 

Best case scenario for both is:

Kitchens is fired, Hunt leaves and Cle hires someone who will run the offense through Chubb.

Bell gets traded to KC or Hou.

Worst case scenario:

Kitchens stays for another year but Hunt leaves.

Bell gets traded to a better team but is part of a committee.

Who should I keep, all things considered?

We don't decide Keepers till about two weeks before the draft so I have time but I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts. To keep things simple, all keepers replace our first round pick.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Hey Guys,

I'm not a fan of his. His 2016 season was phenomenal but since then 3 seasons have past. He had one decent one in 2018. 2017 and 2019 were just bad. He's not looking as fast as he was in 2016. I really doubt a healthy David Johnson today will ever produce the 2016 numbers again.

I don't play in a dynasty league but is that asking too much for DJ? 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I don't play in a dynasty league but is that asking too much for DJ? 

I wouldn't settle for less, but i don't know how much i could ask for him. Would it need to be an early 1st rounder or could i take a later one as well, etc.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Edge said:

Hey Guys,

Cut bait for anything at this point. 

16 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I own Chubb and Lev Bell. Scoring setting: .5 per carry, every 10 yards rush/rec is one point, one point ppr and all tds are six. 

Best case scenario for both is:

Kitchens is fired, Hunt leaves and Cle hires someone who will run the offense through Chubb.

Bell gets traded to KC or Hou.

Worst case scenario:

Kitchens stays for another year but Hunt leaves.

Bell gets traded to a better team but is part of a committee.

Who should I keep, all things considered?

We don't decide Keepers till about two weeks before the draft so I have time but I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts. To keep things simple, all keepers replace our first round pick.

First I think Hunt stays. He is a RFA and I don’t see the Browns not matching. They can do an original round tender or 2nd round tender and no one will touch him because they’d have to give up the pick. But that doesn’t necessarily kill Chubb. He has still been getting a ton of touches. Kitchens seems to be the bigger issue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

First I think Hunt stays. He is a RFA and I don’t see the Browns not matching. They can do an original round tender or 2nd round tender and no one will touch him because they’d have to give up the pick. But that doesn’t necessarily kill Chubb. He has still been getting a ton of touches. Kitchens seems to be the bigger issue.

Whoops I forgot to mention this scenario. I'm more worried about Kitchens than Hunt. If they do his original tender(3rd round) then maybe someone pays up? but a pick plus a new contract is quite a price to pay. 

The past two games are an example of how incompetent Kitchens is. Cincy and Arizona, Chubb AVERAGED 7 yards a carry yet in the bengals game, he had three carries by halftime. The zona game he wasn't even in the game in the fourth, I get they were losing but it wasn't out of hand yet. 

I think I'm more pissed about the cincy game but I saw a potential big game from Chubb. Maybe close to 200 yards had they committed to the run game.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

• 1 month later...

I've just started a new dynasty league and spent the last couple of weeks trying to sucker people in to favourable deals, although I've effectively traded my future picks away I've ended up with: 

Josh Allen; Chris McCaffrey, Zeke Elliott; DeHop, Thielan; Gesicki; Bell, J Brown, Big Ben; Zuerlein; LA Rams
Brady, Minshew, Freeman, Ito Smith, Cooks, A Jeffrey, Pascal, A Tate, Snead, Gabriel & Titans DEF. 

I've got pick 1.09, 2.12 and 3.12 in the rookie draft so need to make that first pick work for me - the other two I'm expecting busts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fellas, I need your help. I'm in a 12-man keeper league with the following format: QB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB, RB, FLEX. I get to keep 3 players (for a max of three years).

Keep 3 of the following 4: DJ Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson. 

The bolded are easy keeps, but I'm a bit torn on the last two. McLaurin is the better receiver and the #1 option in WAS, but I'm skeptical of keeping a receiver tied to Haskins. To his credit, he finished the year somewhat strong. On the other hand, Johnson I feel will step in as a high-volume #2 in a much better offense - assuming Big Ben is back and healthy. I'm leaning McLaurin. I feel Johnson will be easier to scoop up later via the draft (definitely will fly under the radar more), even though fantasy gurus everywhere will probably be singing his praises come draft time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 6:07 PM, SmittyBacall said:

Fellas, I need your help. I'm in a 12-man keeper league with the following format: QB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB, RB, FLEX. I get to keep 3 players (for a max of three years).

Keep 3 of the following 4: DJ Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson. 

The bolded are easy keeps, but I'm a bit torn on the last two. McLaurin is the better receiver and the #1 option in WAS, but I'm skeptical of keeping a receiver tied to Haskins. To his credit, he finished the year somewhat strong. On the other hand, Johnson I feel will step in as a high-volume #2 in a much better offense - assuming Big Ben is back and healthy. I'm leaning McLaurin. I feel Johnson will be easier to scoop up later via the draft (definitely will fly under the radar more), even though fantasy gurus everywhere will probably be singing his praises come draft time. 

Do you lose picks for keeping players?  Thats not the most exciting list of keepers but I would keep Mclaurin over Johnson.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...