Dynasty and Keepers Offseason Talk

EaglesPeteC

On 5/19/2020 at 1:30 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

I've always held the opinion that at the end of the day, the team with the top talent wins. Depth can be easy to find and a lot of those middling picks/values are gambles anyways. Considering the fact some teams will actually have more than $200 to spend, I'm expecting some serious inflation from guys like Thomas, McCaffrey, etc. You're guessing Thomas goes for $40, whereas I'm genuinely estimating he goes for $70 in an open bid war. 

My only other realistic option would be Aaron Jones for $36, which is a very fair value. I just have more concerns of Jones busting than I do Thomas. If I keep Thomas, I would attempt to trade Jones to recoup some of the money I lost last year (though I wouldn't expect to get more than $5). 

My biggest worry is that you're exactly right with your first sentence. People overspent last year and if they correct this season, my estimations are pretty worthless. As of now I'm projecting that I could walk away with a team that looks something like: 

QB: DJones / DLock / TTaylor 

RB: DCook / JTaylor / RJones / CAkers / AMattison

WR: MThomas / CGodwin / JCrowder / DiJohnson / DSlayton

TE: CHerndon / THockenson (a lot of people choose to settle for 1 TE, I prefer to always have insurance) 

I would easily hold onto Thomas at $55 in a $200 budget league.  I agree that stars win fantasy and you can find fillers late but Thomas went from WR4/5 to WR 1/2 this year and will go for likely in the 70s.  Getting that for 55 is a deal in auction drafts.  Whenevr I do an auction I try for two to three elites and then fill in my roster with deals when I see them.  That is a heck of a core to start with at a reasonable price.  

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 12:33 AM, vikes635 said:

So I get to keep two keepers off my team from last year but you cannot keep the same player more than twice (meaning you can own them 3 times in a row) currently my options are ...

Ju. Jones in the 1st, M. Evans in the 2nd, M. Mack in the 3rd, Ju. Smith-Schuster in the 5th, A.J. Green in the 6th, D. Prescott in the 13th.

It's a ppr 6pts per passing td 12 man league. What two should I keep?

JuJu and Evans IMO. 

Julio is tempting but you can probably still land him in R1. Don't think you need Dak in the 13th. It's a good value but lots of value at QB each year and you can wait and play the matchup game. 

Here's my team's situation: 

I'm at 1.08. I've got Saquon, Melvin and DJ at RB. Kerryon and Bryce Love as my reserves. I'm hoping to get in on Swift for cuff reasons, but fat chance at the slot. 

I've got Adams, Sutton, Kupp, McLaurin and Harry at WR. 

Due to Melvin / Sutton, Jeudy's out at the pick. 

I'm hoping Lamb falls but if he doesn't I'm sitting here going like screw it maybe I should just take Joe Burrow. 

I don't like Reagor, I don't like Ruggs at the pick, I'm ok with Jefferson, but I'm almost thinking at that point just get Burrow and wait for my 2.03 pick to draft Aiyuk or Pittman. 

Thoughts? Or should I consider Vaughn at 1.08? 

On 5/24/2020 at 3:34 AM, SpacemanSpiff said:

I'm at 1.08. I've got Saquon, Melvin and DJ at RB. Kerryon and Bryce Love as my reserves. I'm hoping to get in on Swift for cuff reasons, but fat chance at the slot. 

I'm hoping Lamb falls but if he doesn't I'm sitting here going like screw it maybe I should just take Joe Burrow. 

I don't like Reagor, I don't like Ruggs at the pick, I'm ok with Jefferson, but I'm almost thinking at that point just get Burrow and wait for my 2.03 pick to draft Aiyuk or Pittman. 

No way Swift falls IMO.  I would lean towards Burrow or Jeudy.  I wouldnt take him off the list because of your Bronco's, given I think he has more value.  I also would keep Ruggs on my list as I think he has the best shot at being a WR1 early.  I would see if anyone in the top 4 would take Melvin for their pick.  I think he is risky and adding any of the top 4 RBs would be more helpful long term. 

On 5/24/2020 at 4:15 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Getting Burrow and Pittman round one and two would be pretty good if Swift doesn't fall......which I don't think he will.  

Any idea what the teams ahead of you will do?

1. RB

2. RB 

3. RB 

4. RB 

5. RB 

6. RB/WR 

7. RB/WR 

8. Me 

On 5/24/2020 at 2:34 AM, SpacemanSpiff said:

I'm not saying this to be a homer but I do think Jefferson will be a flex option for the better part of the second half of the year. with injury concerns out there of Kupp, DJ, and Kerryon it might be the play that helps you win this year. How young are your current QB's I assume this is a dynasty league where you don't plan on playing QB this year at all? If it is a superflex league I would definitely lean toward Burrow, Tua, or even Herbert but if not I would go with the value of someone to contribute this year. Aiyuk doesn't have much in his way other than a foot surgery this off season could may not have him at 100% all year and slow his development, Pittman is a fun prospect but wont IMO have much fantasy impact for another 2-3 years.

So IMO to recap you first round pick goes Jefferson unless it is a superflex league in which case one of the top 3 QB's would have more value. Another potential value for you could be Vaughn but IMO he isn't better value than Jefferson.  

15 hours ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

How would people rank Denzel Mims/Michael Pittman Jr/Tee Higgins for dynasty?

Higgins WR-5

Mims WR-8

Pittman WR-9

I would like to add this is my rookie rankings only

Edited by vikes635
add rookie ranking only
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 1:43 PM, VIKINGS101011 said:

How would people rank Denzel Mims/Michael Pittman Jr/Tee Higgins for dynasty?

I personally have Pittman over Mims and Higgins. I like Pittman as an overall prospect more than Higgins. I can see Higgins being buried on that depth chart for at least year 1. For Mims, I just have trouble attaching myself to anything Adam Gase. Dude is the anti-fantasy points. I like the talent the QB, the offense and the path to targets the most with Pittman

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I personally have Pittman over Mims and Higgins. I like Pittman as an overall prospect more than Higgins. I can see Higgins being buried on that depth chart for at least year 1. For Mims, I just have trouble attaching myself to anything Adam Gase. Dude is the anti-fantasy points. I like the talent the QB, the offense and the path to targets the most with Pittman

I agree with Pittman over Mims, but not Higgins. At this point in their respective careers, Burrow has more arm talent than Philip Rivers and the team has already expressed an interest in getting Higgins involved immediately. 

We saw Rivers seemingly squander a similar but more elite type talent in Mike Williams, and he has a lot of the same recipe to treat Pittman the same: a bonafide #1 WR to force-feed (Hilton), a possession-receiver TE (Doyle), and a very good satellite back (Hines), PLUS a potentially lethal slot weapon in Parris Campbell which he never really had in SD/LA.

Does Pittman have a better chance at being the best of these three year-1? I'd agree that he does. But you're not gambling on just year-1 in a Dynasty draft. Especially not in a season that should see minimal preseason work due to COVID, which I'm anticipating having a fairly significant impact on incoming rookies. The Colts are a team ready to win now, whereas the Bengals are consciously in rebuild mode. One team has all the motive in the world to get their young WR meaningful reps. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I agree with Pittman over Mims, but not Higgins. At this point in their respective careers, Burrow has more arm talent than Philip Rivers and the team has already expressed an interest in getting Higgins involved immediately. 

We saw Rivers seemingly squander a similar but more elite type talent in Mike Williams, and he has a lot of the same recipe to treat Pittman the same: a bonafide #1 WR to force-feed (Hilton), a possession-receiver TE (Doyle), and a very good satellite back (Hines), PLUS a potentially lethal slot weapon in Parris Campbell which he never really had in SD/LA.

Does Pittman have a better chance at being the best of these three year-1? I'd agree that he does. But you're not gambling on just year-1 in a Dynasty draft. Especially not in a season that should see minimal preseason work due to COVID, which I'm anticipating having a fairly significant impact on incoming rookies. The Colts are a team ready to win now, whereas the Bengals are consciously in rebuild mode. One team has all the motive in the world to get their young WR meaningful reps. 

I agree with this about Higgins and I feel Mims and Pittman are similar.  I think both have questionable QBs but I also feel like the Jets have less proven concerning talent taking away reps/targets.  

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree with this about Higgins and I feel Mims and Pittman are similar.  I think both have questionable QBs but I also feel like the Jets have less proven concerning talent taking away reps/targets.  

Pittman vs Mims is more of a toss-up to me. If you're looking for a safe pick, go with Pittman. If your roster is constructed as such where you can take a little risk, I think Mims ceiling is much higher. 

• Like 1

Just now, SaveOurSonics said:

Pittman vs Mims is more of a toss-up to me. If you're looking for a safe pick, go with Pittman. If your roster is constructed as such where you can take a little risk, I think Mims ceiling is much higher. 

Agreed, in dynasty i like higher ceiling.  Especially not knowing the long term QB situation for Indy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Feeling very bearish on DJ Chark and Michael Gallup now.

Thinking taking Singletary (12th), Deebo (15+), Mostert (15+) and Allen Robinson (4th Round)

Robinson over Chark might seem crazy, but down the stretch AROB was a much more consistent producer. Could be even better with Foles. Am I over thinking it?