Dynasty and Keepers Offseason Talk

EaglesPeteC

On 3/19/2019 at 2:49 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

What do you think of this Dynasty trade

Marlon Mack, Doug Baldwin, Rookie draft 2nd Round pick

for

Amari Cooper, Rookie Draft 3rd Rounder, Rookie Draft 4th Rounder 

On 4/6/2019 at 8:13 PM, squire12 said:

I would take the Mack side of this.  Could certainly change if INDY drafts a RB.

Sorry @EaglesPeteC

Tough to predict potential career ending injuries.  As a fellow Baldwin owner, I feel your pain.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Pool said:

Very very very low.

I don’t think it is. I am doing a start up draft and he went in the first 6 rounds. 

I have him in my other dynasty league I am getting trade offers for him, so some people clearly still value him 

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don’t think it is. I am doing a start up draft and he went in the first 6 rounds. 

I have him in my other dynasty league I am getting trade offers for him, so some people clearly still value him 

Right, first 6 rounds compared to a consensus top 5 pick. He's a huge question mark right now. He is going to miss some games this year and then will be splitting carries with Chubb at minimum. No one knows what his usage will be so his value is low somewhere in the RB2 range as opposed to the rock solid RB1 he was before the incident. He would definitely be on my do not draft list if I was redrafting for dynasty because you just have no idea what is going to happen with him.

*Last edit* For reference he is ranked 61st overall and RB26 on fantasy pros. 1 spot behind Damien Williams and 2 spots behind Rashaad Penny. So yea, pretty low :)

Edited by Pool

23 minutes ago, Pool said:

Right, first 6 rounds compared to a consensus top 5 pick. He's a huge question mark right now. He is going to miss some games this year and then will be splitting carries with Chubb at minimum. No one knows what his usage will be so his value is low somewhere in the RB2 range as opposed to the rock solid RB1 he was before the incident. He would definitely be on my do not draft list if I was redrafting for dynasty because you just have no idea what is going to happen with him.

*Last edit* For reference he is ranked 61st overall and RB26 on fantasy pros. 1 spot behind Damien Williams and 2 spots behind Rashaad Penny. So yea, pretty low :)

Of course it’s low compared to what his value was. That’s not the question. 

I asked because I have him in Dynasty and I got some trade offers for him. I’m trying to figure out if I should just hold him through this year and see what happens or sell him and try and get value while I can. It is a tricky situation for sure 

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Of course it’s low compared to what his value was. That’s not the question. 

I asked because I have him in Dynasty and I got some trade offers for him. I’m trying to figure out if I should just hold him through this year and see what happens or sell him and try and get value while I can. It is a tricky situation for sure 

Understandable. What kind of offers are you getting? 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The best offer so far was a 2020 Rookie Draft 2nd for him. I wound up turning that down. 

That's a tough one. I think I probably would have taken it though. Best case scenario for both Chubb and Hunt is one of them getting traded which isn't very likely. Worst case is they each destroy the others value. I think it will be still be Chubb's backfield with Hunt getting 30 to 40% of the work.

5 minutes ago, Pool said:

That's a tough one. I think I probably would have taken it though. Best case scenario for both Chubb and Hunt is one of them getting traded which isn't very likely. Worst case is they each destroy the others value. I think it will be still be Chubb's backfield with Hunt getting 30 to 40% of the work.

It isn’t 2019 I’m holding onto him for, it is 2020 and beyond. If he looks really good in his 8 games this year, he could find himself a starting rb and fantasy stud again in 2020. Or he could be basically worthless, the range of outcomes is enormous 

Hey guys I’ve run my fantasy league for about 4-5 years, but I’ve never done a keeper. As an owner what is the best way to go about having a keeper player? Like do you choose that player after the draft? And how long do you get to keep that player? Are there certain rules to usually go by? 

Ive been playing FF for a long time but I’m completely new to the whole keeper league.

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It isn’t 2019 I’m holding onto him for, it is 2020 and beyond. If he looks really good in his 8 games this year, he could find himself a starting rb and fantasy stud again in 2020. Or he could be basically worthless, the range of outcomes is enormous 

Agree. I'm just more risk averse and would rather have the sure thing. You could easily draft someone more valuable with that 2nd round pick even if it is in 2020.

2 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Hey guys I’ve run my fantasy league for about 4-5 years, but I’ve never done a keeper. As an owner what is the best way to go about having a keeper player? Like do you choose that player after the draft? And how long do you get to keep that player? Are there certain rules to usually go by? 

Ive been playing FF for a long time but I’m completely new to the whole keeper league.

Thanks. 

There's a lot of different settings. Generally you select your keeper at the end of the season.