Dynasty and Keepers Offseason Talk

EaglesPeteC

9 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Hey guys I’ve run my fantasy league for about 4-5 years, but I’ve never done a keeper. As an owner what is the best way to go about having a keeper player? Like do you choose that player after the draft? And how long do you get to keep that player? Are there certain rules to usually go by? 

Ive been playing FF for a long time but I’m completely new to the whole keeper league.

Thanks. 

My league declares keepers one week before the draft. The price of keeping the player is the round the player was drafted the prior year. I like this setting because it adds more strategy than just keeping your highest ranked players. We keep for players total, but one has to be a rookie the prior season. I also only allow a player to be kept by their owner three consecutive seasons. We set limitations on keepers to add to the strategy and to allow there to be a little more turnover of roster so things don’t get stale.

We’ve had to set a number of other rules along the way, such as the inability to trade a player on your roster after the season once they’ve been kept three seasons (everyone felt that would keep the top teams on top and would defeat the purpose of year limits). We’ve also had to put rules in place for keeping players who were undrafted the prior year (we pay the last round pick). And the cost of keeping more than one player from the same round (we pay that round and the prior round). Keeping two players selected in the first round would cost your first three rounds. 

There is no RIGHT way to do it and much depends on your leagues goals. If you essentially want a rookie draft, you have to set significantly more keepers with much longer time limits (or no time limits). 

• Like 1

Any opinions on who you would keep in this scenario, I can only keep one.

Michael Thomas for a 1st

McCaffrey for a 2nd

Kelce for a 3

Juju for a 5th

I was leaning toward Juju in the 5th but McCaffrey in the 2nd is hard to ignore 

Edited by popie70

6 hours ago, popie70 said:

Any opinions on who you would keep in this scenario, I can only keep one.

Michael Thomas for a 1st

McCaffrey for a 2nd

Kelce for a 3

Juju for a 5th

I was leaning toward Juju in the 5th but McCaffrey in the 2nd is hard to ignore 

What are the scoring, number of starters, number of teams, etc for the league.   CMC and Juju are both really attractive options.  I would lean Juju, without knowing the specifics of the league set up.

On 5/18/2019 at 5:40 PM, squire12 said:

What are the scoring, number of starters, number of teams, etc for the league.   CMC and Juju are both really attractive options.  I would lean Juju, without knowing the specifics of the league set up.

it's an 8 team league, 6 pts per td, 1 pt for every ten yards. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 flex and 1 TE

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Which side and what else do you have there now (rb / te) 

I’d be getting Kamara. It’s a 16 team dynasty. I have Williams, James White at RB and jack **** at TE after Kelce. I was going to spend 1.3 on an RB (Montgomery or Sanders) 

41 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Dynasty Trade. Would you do this deal?

Alvin Kamara, Jack Doyle, Rookie 2.5

for

Travis Kelce, Damien Williams, Rookie 1.3, 2020 Rookie 3rd ? 

@Forge @JaguarCrazy2832

I feel like the Kamara side wins. I love Kelce and the potential for Williams is there but Kamara is young proven and a potential #1 RB in fantasy football. 

I feel like that rookie 1st rounder isnt that valuable since the RB class was weak. 

34 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’d be getting Kamara. It’s a 16 team dynasty. I have Williams, James White at RB and jack **** at TE after Kelce. I was going to spend 1.3 on an RB (Montgomery or Sanders) 

Think I'm keeping Kelce. I'll be honest....this is a gamble. But I think Williams is the defacto starter in KC...sure, he may not get 80% snap share like Hunt, but if he manages a 50% snap share in that KC offense, his fantasy production is legit. He's an rb2 without question at the very least. I think there's a good chance that Kelce + Williams outscores Kamara + Doyle. I think Kelce is a lock for 85 / 1100 / 7 which is fantastic for a tight end. That makes up a lot of value there. The thing for me as well is that I don't know that you're getting 18 touchdowns from Kamara again this year. I think there will be a tad bit of a regression there. Not a ton, but a little. Let's say Kamara hits 1600 scrimmage yards / 80 receptions / 13 touchdowns (funnily enough, when doing research for this question, I checked on espn, and they had eerily similar statistics project for Kamara...either I'm good, or I'm good). So he's got a definite advantage over Kelce in that regard (500 yards, 6 td, roughly the same reception total) which is roughly 86 points. 

Do I think that Damien Williams will outscore Jack Doyle by more than 86 points assuming hes the top running back in Kc and both of them are healthy? I mean, he became the defacto starter and was the starter for 7 games (including playoffs), and in 4 of those games, he at least 4 receptions and managed 10 touchdowns. In the regular season games, those snap counts were 50%, 73%, 64%, and 52%. If you expect a similar snap share for this entire season (roughly 52-64%), I think those are going to lead to some pretty good stats this year, and way more than what you're going to get from Doyle (who has his own injury concerns, has to compete with Ebron, etc). Even if he caps at 40 - 50%, I think he's going to be a very effective low end rb2. Tarik Cohen played 46% of the snaps for the Bears last year and I believe he finished as Rb11, I think? Or something like that). He's not as explosive as Cohen, but you get what I'm saying. 

Plus you're giving up the picks on top of that....I don't know...I think that I'd just roll with Williams. A risk for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I made the trade. I just don’t trust Williams and Kamara is a sure fire stud at the most important position in fantasy. Now to try and work the draft to try and get Hackenson or Fant 

It's close. I don't hate the trade, particularly if Kamara (and if Kamara can muster 18 touchdowns again, it's I think that it's an easy trade at this point), and the Saints offense loves that short passing game, so I don't think that his work is going away. But I've always just been skittish touchdowns repeating because they can be so insanely variable. If I think that he's going to cap at 13 - 14, I just thought the upside would be greater for Kelce / Williams. 

Rate my team

16 team Dynasty Startup .5 per no Kickers

QB- Carson Wentz/Phillip Rivers

RB- Alvin Kamara/James White/Adrian Peterson/Carlos Hyde/Jaylen Samuels/Theo Riddick/Devine Ozigbo 

WR- Odell Beckham Jr/Cooper Kupp/Dede Westbrook/Jamison Crowder/Paul Richardson/Danny Amendola/Terry McLaurin

TE- Hunter Henry/Jack Doyle/Jace Sternberger 

DST- Vikings/Chargers

Edited by EaglesPeteC