Dynasty and Keepers Offseason Talk

EaglesPeteC

4 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I like the move long term bc Williams won’t be the starter for more than another year. Kelce is 30 and already had some injuries to his head that could worry me long term. 

Short term you definitely lose tho.

I feel better about the move after I was able to snag Hunter Henry for cheap. I drafted both Irv Smith and Sternberger in the rookie draft so I flipped Smith and a future rookie pick for Henry. 

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel better about the move after I was able to snag Hunter Henry for cheap. I drafted both Irv Smith and Sternberger in the rookie draft so I flipped Smith and a future rookie pick for Henry. 

That Hunter Henry pick up is going to be great

On 2019-05-18 at 10:41 AM, popie70 said:

Any opinions on who you would keep in this scenario, I can only keep one.

Michael Thomas for a 1st

McCaffrey for a 2nd

Kelce for a 3

Juju for a 5th

I was leaning toward Juju in the 5th but McCaffrey in the 2nd is hard to ignore 

8 team league.

Probably keep Kelce. Only a 3rd rounder and at the toughest position in fantasy.

Because it’s 8 teams you can get some players like McCaffrey and Juju with natural picks. Hard to compete with Kelce at the TE position.

#1 Kelce

#2 McCaffrey

If it were me, I’d keep Kelce then just start the first four rounds you have picks in with RBs and WRs. Double down at QB in something like rounds 6&8 or 7&9.

You know what I’m getting at

On 2019-05-23 at 7:09 PM, Forge said:

Think I'm keeping Kelce. I'll be honest....this is a gamble. But I think Williams is the defacto starter in KC...sure, he may not get 80% snap share like Hunt, but if he manages a 50% snap share in that KC offense, his fantasy production is legit. He's an rb2 without question at the very least. I think there's a good chance that Kelce + Williams outscores Kamara + Doyle. I think Kelce is a lock for 85 / 1100 / 7 which is fantastic for a tight end. That makes up a lot of value there. The thing for me as well is that I don't know that you're getting 18 touchdowns from Kamara again this year. I think there will be a tad bit of a regression there. Not a ton, but a little. Let's say Kamara hits 1600 scrimmage yards / 80 receptions / 13 touchdowns (funnily enough, when doing research for this question, I checked on espn, and they had eerily similar statistics project for Kamara...either I'm good, or I'm good). So he's got a definite advantage over Kelce in that regard (500 yards, 6 td, roughly the same reception total) which is roughly 86 points. 

Do I think that Damien Williams will outscore Jack Doyle by more than 86 points assuming hes the top running back in Kc and both of them are healthy? I mean, he became the defacto starter and was the starter for 7 games (including playoffs), and in 4 of those games, he at least 4 receptions and managed 10 touchdowns. In the regular season games, those snap counts were 50%, 73%, 64%, and 52%. If you expect a similar snap share for this entire season (roughly 52-64%), I think those are going to lead to some pretty good stats this year, and way more than what you're going to get from Doyle (who has his own injury concerns, has to compete with Ebron, etc). Even if he caps at 40 - 50%, I think he's going to be a very effective low end rb2. Tarik Cohen played 46% of the snaps for the Bears last year and I believe he finished as Rb11, I think? Or something like that). He's not as explosive as Cohen, but you get what I'm saying. 

Plus you're giving up the picks on top of that....I don't know...I think that I'd just roll with Williams. A risk for sure. 

@EaglesPeteC

Plus Brees is retiring soon enough. Hard to say how much that hurts Kamara. Personally I couldn’t do it.

Keep Kelce, D.Will, and 1.3

Turn that into Montgomery or Jacobs if you can.

Just my unsolicited $0.02

Edit: now I realize you made the trade. Well, hope Forge and I are wrong. Time will tell 

Edited by RTTRUTH
I read further

How do you feel about my rookie draft (and available FA) this year: @EaglesPeteC

@Forge @ny92mike

12 team Dynasty IDP league.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, PK, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB

Going into season five. I won the last two years so I was picking 12th. My starters are quite strong, except #2WR, PK, and since I have both JPP (idiot) and Telvin Smith (mental health sabbatical), I’m suddenly thinner on D.

TJ Hockenson

JJ Arcega-Whiteside 

Nick Bosa

Demarcus Robinson

Giorgio Tavecchio

Kahale Warring

Chase Winovich

Juan Thornhill 

Patrick Onwuasor

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

How do you feel about my rookie draft (and available FA) this year: @EaglesPeteC

@Forge @ny92mike

12 team Dynasty IDP league.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, PK, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB

Going into season five. I won the last two years so I was picking 12th. My starters are quite strong, except #2WR, PK, and since I have both JPP (idiot) and Telvin Smith (mental health sabbatical), I’m suddenly thinner on D.

TJ Hockenson

JJ Arcega-Whiteside 

Nick Bosa

Demarcus Robinson

Giorgio Tavecchio

Kahale Warring

Chase Winovich

Juan Thornhill 

Patrick Onwuasor

Pretty good values considering where some of these players went in my IDP rookie draft 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

@EaglesPeteC

Plus Brees is retiring soon enough. Hard to say how much that hurts Kamara. Personally I couldn’t do it.

Keep Kelce, D.Will, and 1.3

Turn that into Montgomery or Jacobs if you can.

Just my unsolicited $0.02

Edit: now I realize you made the trade. Well, hope Forge and I are wrong. Time will tell 

I was able to snag Hunter Henry in a second move so I feel good about how it worked out. 

I need some advice from you guys. I took over a team in a 12 Team Dynasty league and it's my first year ever in a Dynasty league. I started Fantasy Football last year, so alltogether i'm a beginner.

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB, 1 Flex (DB, DL, LB)

Here are my keepers:

QB: Rodgers, Brees, Darnold

RB: D. Johnson, Guice, Peterson, Booker

WR: Diggs, Shepard, John Brown, Kirk

TE: Njoku, Rudolph

K: Maher

DB: Adams, Reid, L. Collins, Gilmore, K. Neal

DL: C. Jordan, Cox

LB: J. Collins, V. Miller, C. Jones, L. David

I consider the skill positions to be a huge problem. I probably shouldn't have kept 5 DB and instead one more DL. Dunno about Darnold either.

For the Draft (rookie only) i got picks # 1,13,25,37,49

One player is asking in the public chat for a trade up. He offers for one of the first picks # 8,12 and maybe a 2nd Rounder (15 or 24)

I don't think i should Trade #1 away. Josh Jacobs seems to me the only "safe" pick. The WR are an entire gamble so i don't think it's worth to get 8,12 and maybe 15 for #1.

I just want to ask about your opinions. Do u think i'm right with that judgement?

Maybe u got some general advice for me how to appoach the draft. If i keep #1 i want to take Jacobs and then maybe go for Hockenson in the 2nd round if he's there to have a 2nd decent TE. Afterwards i might take a gamble on one of the remaining WR or draft a DL.

3 hours ago, Edge said:

I need some advice from you guys. I took over a team in a 12 Team Dynasty league and it's my first year ever in a Dynasty league. I started Fantasy Football last year, so alltogether i'm a beginner.

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB, 1 Flex (DB, DL, LB)

Here are my keepers:

I consider the skill positions to be a huge problem. I probably shouldn't have kept 5 DB and instead one more DL. Dunno about Darnold either.

One player is asking in the public chat for a trade up. He offers for one of the first picks # 8,12 and maybe a 2nd Rounder (15 or 24)

I don't think i should Trade #1 away. Josh Jacobs seems to me the only "safe" pick. The WR are an entire gamble so i don't think it's worth to get 8,12 and maybe 15 for #1.

I just want to ask about your opinions. Do u think i'm right with that judgement?

Maybe u got some general advice for me how to appoach the draft. If i keep #1 i want to take Jacobs and then maybe go for Hockenson in the 2nd round if he's there to have a 2nd decent TE. Afterwards i might take a gamble on one of the remaining WR or draft a DL.

I'm in a Dynasty IDP league, for me I rarely, if ever draft defensive players. You can get plenty of guys to be good for you on the waiver wire.

For you team, yeah, you stay at 1 and take Jacobs, no question. For me this draft for dynasty value isn't spectacular,I'd look to package picks and get up again. What does adding more middling talent to a roster full of middling talent get you? Package picks try and get another high end 1st round talent. If you can't do that, I'd look at grabbing Justice Hill. He is one of my favorite rookie Dynasty draft picks this offseason. I'd also look to see if I can ship some of those later picks off for more established vets. You need usable fantasy assets and some people during the draft are going to overvalue rookies and undervalue the vets. The draft is the time to get yourself a steal.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Edge said:

Here are my keepers:

I agree with @EaglesPeteC on almost everything. Jacobs is fine at 1. Hockenson or Justice Hill are probably safe, good picks at 13. 

The one spot I differ from Pete is on defense. You can find “playable” guys on the waiver wire. But if you ever want to be top 2 in your league in defensive scoring you can’t ignore it. But don’t take risks. Depending on your leagues scoring some very good IRL players don’t score much in fantasy on defense. IMO there’s only three guys worth a top 36 pick this year. The two Devin’s at LB. And Nick Bosa. Every one of them has a chance to be a top 10 scorer at his position by 2020. Those guys can worth the investment.

Your DBs look decent by the way. 

I wonder what kind of skill player you might get in trade for Drew Brees?? Hear me out. You have Rodgers anyway. And Brees has at best two years left. If you can get any usable assets for him (#2 TE/depth WR+draft pick) now is probably the time.

You seem like you’re on the right track though. 

Pete is right though. Keep your eyes on the waiver wire especially in the first three weeks of the season for emerging defensive players.

• Like 1

Thank you guys! I'm definitely trying to follow your ideas. Also thanks for that defensive evaluation. Since i think my LB spots are set, i keep an eye on Bosa, if he drops to my picks 25 or 37.

I put Brees on the trading block. We'll see if someone is interested in him. I'll ask again if i get an offer. There is also someone interested in trading AB and he's looking for a RB, WR, TE, 1st/2nd round pick. I'm not giving away a 1st round pick and i don't think he's going to like a player from me. Just for the interest is it worth to approach him? 2nd rounder? How about getting 8/12/15 from the other player for #1 and trading 8 or 12 for AB, if he accepts such an offer? Just some more scenarios i'm thinking about.

Emmanuel Sanders is on the trading block as well (for almost a year now and that player isn't having much talent at WR, so i doubt he's really interested in trading him away). He's looking for QB; WR, RB, TE, 1st/2nd/3rd round pick. Is it worth to offer a 3rd (#25) round pick? Shall i offer the 4th (#37) and maybe the 5th (#48)? He traded away the 2nd round pick. so just has a 1st (#3), 3rd (#27), 4th (#39), 5th (#50), 6th (#59). I'm not thinking the 3rd rounder would be a smart idea, but maybe i could try the 4th rounder (although he probably rejects that)?

@Edge Honestly at this point even AB probably isn’t worth the investment. He’s 30, on a new team, actually showed slight decline last year, and your current depth chart at WR is better than your DC at Running back. You could lowball and offer like a 3rd + future 4th or something. But I wouldn’t pay any 1’s or 2’s for him at this point. Unless you believe you’re in win-now mode. I don’t believe he has even 2 great years left in him.

Two questions:

1)When is your draft?

2)What are the settings for defensive scoring in your league?

Edited by RTTRUTH
Added tag
  • Like 1