Dynasty and Keepers Offseason Talk

EaglesPeteC

10 hours ago, smetana34 said:

10 teams. 3 keepers. Standard league scoring and format. How early are guys taking K. Hunt?

Long term outlook, he will be elsewhere next year, and depending on where he ends up hes a strong keeper option. Short term, he'll be effective on what should be a good team come Week 10, and should Chubb get hurt before that, he's a league winner. 

Tough to say because he has a legit back ahead of him in Chubb so i think the short term expectations should be incredibly tempered like he probably shouldnt start on your team unless there are bye week issues or Chubb gets hurt.

Now next year he has serious value and it might be worth taking the short term hit and flip him for a haul

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

My current three keepers are Kamara, Mixon and Cooks. I have the 3rd overall pick in our draft.

Been offered Tyreek Hill and their 2nd round pick for my 3rd overall.

Thoughts?

Feels like a really good deal. Who are some of the guys projected to feel available at the 3rd pick?

Get to keep 2 guys....

-Mixon for a 2nd

-TY for a 3rd

-Hunter Henry for a 10th

-James Conner for a 13

-Luck for a 15th

Conner for sure but need another one...full ppr and we start 1 QB/3 RBs/3 WRs/1 TE/1 flex....

So what should I do???

On 7/19/2019 at 6:44 PM, VIKINGS101011 said:

Feels like a really good deal. Who are some of the guys projected to feel available at the 3rd pick?

My best guess based on what teams have done in the past and who their rookie keepers have to be, 

Team 1: AJ Green
Team 2: Mark Ingram
Team 3: Allen Robinson
Team 4: Two of Kelce, James Connor, Melvin Gordon and Leonard Fournette
Team 5: Devonte Freeman or Patrick Mahomes
Team 6: Three of Cooper Kupp, Aaron Rodgers, Baker Mayfield and Phillip Lindsay
Team 7: Two of Aaron Jones, Kenyan Drake and Tarik Cohen
Team 8: Sony Michel

Three teams have crap for keepers and the guys they're sending back are late round guys. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

My best guess based on what teams have done in the past and who their rookie keepers have to be, 

Team 1: AJ Green
Team 2: Mark Ingram
Team 3: Allen Robinson
Team 4: Two of Kelce, James Connor, Melvin Gordon and Leonard Fournette
Team 5: Devonte Freeman or Patrick Mahomes
Team 6: Three of Cooper Kupp, Aaron Rodgers, Baker Mayfield and Phillip Lindsay
Team 7: Two of Aaron Jones, Kenyan Drake and Tarik Cohen
Team 8: Sony Michel

Three teams have crap for keepers and the guys they're sending back are late round guys. 

The only 2 guys from that list I think I would rather have is Gordon and Conner and I’m thinking that guy will keep them. If one of those 2 don’t get kept I’d expect them to get taken before the 3rd pick. Kelce is close. I’m guessing him and Fournette would go top two assuming Conner and Gordon are kept. Getting a 2nd on top of Hill is nice. 

Personally I think I would take it, but that’s just me.

On 7/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, AlanFanecaFan said:

Get to keep 2 guys....

-Mixon for a 2nd

-TY for a 3rd

-Hunter Henry for a 10th

-James Conner for a 13

-Luck for a 15th

Conner for sure but need another one...full ppr and we start 1 QB/3 RBs/3 WRs/1 TE/1 flex....

So what should I do???

Close between Mixon and Hilton.

Would depend what you (or your league) values more, a WR or RB.

23 hours ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

The only 2 guys from that list I think I would rather have is Gordon and Conner and I’m thinking that guy will keep them. If one of those 2 don’t get kept I’d expect them to get taken before the 3rd pick. Kelce is close. I’m guessing him and Fournette would go top two assuming Conner and Gordon are kept. Getting a 2nd on top of Hill is nice. 

Personally I think I would take it, but that’s just me.

Thanks man.

I am definitely leaning towards doing it.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Tough to say because he has a legit back ahead of him in Chubb so i think the short term expectations should be incredibly tempered like he probably shouldnt start on your team unless there are bye week issues or Chubb gets hurt.

Now next year he has serious value and it might be worth taking the short term hit and flip him for a haul

What about from the other side?  If Hunt comes back what does that do to a healthy Chubb.  He easily looks like an RB1 but does he drop to an RB or Flex if he's splitting carries by week 10?  Chubb could bring you to fantasy playoffs then burn you come playoff time if Hunt starts vulturing TD's.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

What about from the other side?  If Hunt comes back what does that do to a healthy Chubb.  He easily looks like an RB1 but does he drop to an RB or Flex if he's splitting carries by week 10?  Chubb could bring you to fantasy playoffs then burn you come playoff time if Hunt starts vulturing TD's.

I think Hunt will devalue Chubb in most leagues and quite possibly so much that Chubb is underrated. Hunt will take from him when he comes back but its possible Hunt takes time to get in a groove. If you draft Chubb you know you need to prepare for the games Hunt is back but if he is available a few spots after his ADP because of Hunt, you should take him and give yourself the best chance to win games NOW. Guys will get hurt and you’ll probably drop 20-25% of your team at some point for injuries or byes if your bench is huge. 

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think Hunt will devalue Chubb in most leagues and quite possibly so much that Chubb is underrated. Hunt will take from him when he comes back but its possible Hunt takes time to get in a groove. If you draft Chubb you know you need to prepare for the games Hunt is back but if he is available a few spots after his ADP because of Hunt, you should take him and give yourself the best chance to win games NOW. Guys will get hurt and you’ll probably drop 20-25% of your team at some point for injuries or byes if your bench is huge. 

Yeah I typically take that approach.  Win games now and figure it out later.

Where do you see good value for Chubb.  Round 2, Round 3?

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yeah I typically take that approach.  Win games now and figure it out later.

Where do you see good value for Chubb.  Round 2, Round 3?

Chubb has crept into the 1st round and shouldn't go anywhere outside the Top 15

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Close between Mixon and Hilton.

Would depend what you (or your league) values more, a WR or RB.

With us starting 3 RBs every week, it leans RB.

I know Mixon a value at late 2nd( I drew 4th but McCaffrey a keeper) but I’m just weighing Mixon and a late QB I like...compared to a Rb that is normally threrr(Damien Williams, maybe Cook) and Andrew Luck.

Just hard to figure out by Aug 1.

40 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Chubb has crept into the 1st round and shouldn't go anywhere outside the Top 15

Assuming you mean standard scoring because half point or full point PPR I don't see him near the 1st at all.

Even non ppr he's probably a fringe top 15 guy depending on what you think of Gurley, Cook, Williams, Henry, Fournette

I'd probably take him over Henry and Fournette for sure the others are tougher to decide.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Assuming you mean standard scoring because half point or full point PPR I don't see him near the 1st at all.

Even non ppr he's probably a fringe top 15 guy depending on what you think of Gurley, Cook, Williams, Henry, Fournette

I'd probably take him over Henry and Fournette for sure the others are tougher to decide.

His current ADP is 2.2. I'm taking him before all those guys you mentioned, DJ, and Bell at RB. I have the Top 4 RBs in tier one, Gordon in his own tier (I don't believe the contract dispute will take long) then Chubb with Mixon and Conner in that 3rd tier. You won't see him going end of round two, or into three. The furthest ive seen him go so far is 19. Otherwise he's been getting taken on the turn pretty consistently