Preseason Week 3 Bengals @ Redskins

MrCincinnati

3 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Mixon is the real deal y'all. 

Mixon is good, but am I the only one that thinks he's being overrated?  I guess over-rated isn't the best term, but I our run blocking is going to make Mixon look average this season. He'll have some highlights for sure, but a lot of ppl that think he's going to be a great fantasy pickup or top RB IRL this season, but I disagree.  He has a bright future, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  Also, hope he only steals carries from Hill, Gio still needs his touches...

10 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Mixon is good, but am I the only one that thinks he's being overrated?  I guess over-rated isn't the best term, but I our run blocking is going to make Mixon look average this season. He'll have some highlights for sure, but a lot of ppl that think he's going to be a great fantasy pickup or top RB IRL this season, but I disagree.  He has a bright future, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  Also, hope he only steals carries from Hill, Gio still needs his touches...

Gio looked good yesterday.  He'll still get his touches.  I still think Hill gets phased out.  It's really hard to get three RB's enough touches to get in a rhythm.  I think they'll try it for a few weeks, and see Gio 4.1 YPC, Mixon 4.3 YPC and Hill 3.6 YPC and give up on that.

So AJ Green looked good.  AJ McCarron didn't.  They're going to wish they traded him.  

Quiet day from John Ross.  That'll happen more often than not i'm guessing.  But when he's involved, it will probably be bananas.

The new DE's can really rush the passer.  And that doesn't include Dunlap/Atkins.  This team should be top 5 in sacks, no excuses.

Ogbuhei with another couple of whiffs trying to push a defender out of the play instead of body him up.  I don't know if i spelled his name wrong, and i'm not going to bother learning it because it's hard to imagine they don't try to draft his replacement next year.

Relooking at my 5 things....

5.Some good and bad things from the OL line. They only gave up 1 sack, but they completely messed up on that special teams play that allowed Huber to get tackled. They did a solid job in the run and pass blocking though for the most part.

4.Fejedelem only had 1 tackle in this game. I don't really know how he played. The Bengals defense did give up some pass plays.

3.Don't know the snap count for both Willis and Smith, but once again both guys had another sack in this game. Both of these guys have been the biggest winners this preseason. And Lawson helped out with a sack as well.

2.Good game by Burfict and Vigil again. But now Burfict is suspended, so once again the tackling will be a big concern this season.

1.John Ross being able to play was a great sign. Sadly he had no catches, and had that one 1 run for 8 yards. I want to see more of him in the final preseason game.

On 8/25/2017 at 9:21 PM, theJ said:

Hey you're here!

Ha... I am usually around.. just don't post that often.

Willis and Lawson are looking great.. MJ even had a couple good plays, he must be getting worried about his job.

Burfict is so good.. he is frustrating at times, but worth it.. one of  the best in the league when healthy.

Can't wait for week 1!!!!! 

1 hour ago, MrCincinnati said:

1.John Ross being able to play was a great sign. Sadly he had no catches, and had that one 1 run for 8 yards. I want to see more of him in the final preseason game.

I doubt he plays in the last game.  Most of the starters and injury concern guys aren't going to play.

Only watched the 40 min condensed version, so didn't pick up all the players dong well but the O-Line looks better than I thought it might and that D-Line looks much improved. Lawson might be an amazing draft pick.

I think we could have a very good season if we keep it all together. 

2 hours ago, BathBengal said:

Only watched the 40 min condensed version, so didn't pick up all the players dong well but the O-Line looks better than I thought it might and that D-Line looks much improved. Lawson might be an amazing draft pick.

I think we could have a very good season if we keep it all together. 

I do think we're close and one move/trade might put us over the top.  I think now is the time to make a very un-bengals move and try to trade for Sheldon Richardson.  We need another guy in the middle.  I like Billings but he's not there yet and needs more experience.  If we truly want to beat the big boys and not just be a 'playoff team', we should try to get him...

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I do think we're close and one move/trade might put us over the top.  I think now is the time to make a very un-bengals move and try to trade for Sheldon Richardson.  We need another guy in the middle.  I like Billings but he's not there yet and needs more experience.  If we truly want to beat the big boys and not just be a 'playoff team', we should try to get him...

McCarron for Sheldon and a mid round pick works for me.

On 8/29/2017 at 2:00 PM, ochocinco4pres said:

I dont think it happens no matter what 

It won't.  Bengals still like him, even though he pretty much doesn't care at this point.  This 3 year old meatloaf is starting to mold and stink up the fridge.

Archived