Free ain't free in the NFL...

vike daddy

Just now, swede700 said:

Apparently, most of the NFL is really bad at drafting OL, otherwise, we wouldn't see this kind of money going to mediocre OL.  

That, and there is a limited supply and you need 5 on each team. It's really about supply and demand. And, the cap going up every year,  and several teams planned to have massive amounts of money available, that has to be spent. Frankly can't figure out what the Colts are doing right now.....they aren't close to the minimum spend.

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Keeping Barr was more important than him or Saffold or other OL choices that aren't likely backups. I sound like a broken record, but this D has won nothing......good luck to Kirk and the RBs....

I think they can still resolve their OL issues despite not getting Paradis.  Let's not forget that Carolina is still paying Matt Kalil $12M...Paradis ain't gonna solve their issues.  If anything, they've only got back to the level they were at 3 months ago...before Matt's brother retired.  

Paradis was the only FA o-lineman that I had any interest in, but I’ve also never seen a report that the Vikings were interested him. And they have stated that they like Elflein a center, so Paradis to Minnesota was likely never a realistic option. 

I still expect the Vikings to re-sign Nick Easton at some point, and maybe add someone like AJ Cann during the 2nd wave of free agency  

But, I’m content at hitting the draft hard for interior linemen. 

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think they can still resolve their OL issues despite not getting Paradis.  Let's not forget that Carolina is still paying Matt Kalil $12M...Paradis ain't gonna solve their issues.  If anything, they've only got back to the level they were at 3 months ago...before Matt's brother retired.  

I don't care about CAR.......if that is what this is about. Can't really tell....

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Paradis was the only FA o-lineman that I had any interest in, but I’ve also never seen a report that the Vikings were interested him. And they have stated that they like Elflein a center, so Paradis to Minnesota was likely never a realistic option. 

I still expect the Vikings to re-sign Nick Easton at some point, and maybe add someone like AJ Cann during the 2nd wave of free agency  

But, I’m content at hitting the draft hard for interior linemen. 

We all know the "draft won't fall that way"......and a DT or DE will be pick one. 

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I don't care about CAR.......if that is what this is about. Can't really tell....

It's really about both.  My first sentence was about the Vikings...the rest was about Carolina.  Sorry...my ADD kicked in.  :D

Archived