Free ain't free in the NFL...

vike daddy

On 3/20/2019 at 12:10 PM, Cearbhall said:

When your health starts to go south you'll understand. I can only wish my health was as good as Mr @vike daddy claims about his health. I keep trying to improve my health but ultimately it is a battle we all lose eventually.

my health is quite good, as i apparently got the good side of my parents' genes. my 92 year old father still goes in to work every day, even though he retired in his 60's.

however.... remember the trip i mentioned i took to Belize in January...? turns out i picked up two insect bites that weren't just bites but tiny larvae inserted in to my leg flesh. 60 days later they emerged as large, live, wriggling grubs. ewwwwww!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

my health is quite good, as i apparently got the good side of my parents' genes. my 92 year old father still goes in to work every day, even though he retired in his 60's.

however.... remember the trip i mentioned i took to Belize in January...? turns out i picked up two insect bites that weren't just bites but tiny larvae inserted in to my leg flesh. 60 days later they emerged as large, live, wriggling grubs. ewwwwww!

Yuck...

Your dad sounds like my wife's grandma.  She has never retired...She just turned 92 and is still working, selling Medicare Advantage plans.  

49 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Botfly?

9 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Botfly?

yup, exactly.

amazing reproductive cycle.... the adult female fly when its ready to lay her eggs CAPTURES A MOSQUITO IN FLIGHT without harming it, and attaches her eggs to the outside of its stomach with a self made adhesive. she releases the mosquito and when it lights on an animal host to feed the heat of the host melts the adhesive and the egg sacs, and awakes the tiny larvae inside them. which then wriggle up on to the mosquito and follow its proboscis down in to the host flesh where they feed and grow for 60 days. but are we done yet..? nooooooooo! the grub actually exudes a natural anesthetic while it's ini the host so the host CAN'T FEEL IT.

the grub emerges from the host, falls to the dirt and burrows in. within hours it spins its cocoon, which the adult fly eventually emerges from.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Revolting!!  Disgusting!!  Horrifying!!

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Wait, wait, wait....did your dad and mom actually go back in time to the paleolithic era so you could be born? That's the only explanation for how your father can be younger than you....

i adopted him.

convenient tax dodge.

• Like 4

I'm seeing that the Vikings are bringing back Brett Jones for OL depth. He's a good option for backing up a lot of the interior line. I'm assuming it's true, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile April Fools joke and there are a few sources, but they are probably just quoting each other.

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

I'm seeing that the Vikings are bringing back Brett Jones for OL depth. He's a good option for backing up a lot of the interior line. I'm assuming it's true, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile April Fools joke and there are a few sources, but they are probably just quoting each other.

Seeing now that it is up to $1.5 mil with incentives (assuming based on playing time). So probably a very minimal cap number.

27 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Seeing now that it is up to $1.5 mil with incentives (assuming based on playing time). So probably a very minimal cap number.

And if they sign Sean Mannion today as well, then they will have to do some number-pushing around to be able to afford their draftees...but, they have the time.  

Edited by swede700

Just now, swede700 said:

And if they sign Sean Mannion today as well, then they will have to do some number-pushing around to be able to afford their draftees.  

Actually probably not much. If they hit the top 51 (or whatever that rule is) that counts against the cap, I'm guessing that the salary for Jones is probably vet minimum and same for Mannion, so if they are making (let's say)1.5 mil total, they are bumping out about $1 mil total, so that only $.5 mil being added to the cap. And I'm thinking it might be even less than that.

• Like 1