Free ain't free in the NFL...

vike daddy

24 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Kinfolk said Anthony move away from there
Said Californy is the place you ought to be
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.

Hills, that is. Swimmin' pools, movie stars....

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Barr end up in Arizona (who is going back to a 3-4 after spending 1 year in a 4-3).  I'm not sure exactly how he'd fit, but I imagine that they'd have Chandler Jones on one side, Barr on the other, and keep Reddick and Bynes inside.  

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

here's the same FA list, compiled by position group:

1) Los Angeles Rams, G, Rodger Saffold

3) Tennessee Titans, G, Quinton Spain

4) Denver Broncos, C, Matt Paradis

7) Pittsburgh Steelers, G, Ramon Foster

8) Jacksonville Jaguars, G, AJ Cann

12) Tampa Bay Bucs, T, Donovan Smith

14) Miami Dolphins, T, Ja’Wuan James

24)  Minnesota Vikings, G, Nick Easton

2) Philadelphia Eagles, WR, Golden Tate

6) Washington, WR, Jamison Crowder

10) New England Patriots, WR, Cordarrelle Patterson

16) Green Bay Packers, WR, Randall Cobb

17) San Francisco 49ers, WR, Pierre Garcon

19) Baltimore Ravens, WR, Michael Crabtree

21) New England Patriots WR, Chris Hogan

22) Tampa Bay Bucs, WR, Adam Humphries

5) Oakland Raiders, TE, Jared Cook

11) Cincinnati Bengals, TE, CJ Uzomah

9) Jacksonville Jaguars, RB, TJ Yeldon

15) Kansas City Chiefs, RB, Spencer Ware

18) Minnesota Vikings, RB, Latavius Murray

20) Baltimore Ravens, RB, Ty Montgomery

23) Minnesota Vikings, QB, Trevor Siemian

25) Cleveland Browns, QB, Tyrod Taylor

Call me intrigued with: Spain, Foster, Crowder, Uzomah and Taylor

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

With the plethora of safeties set to hit the market next week, do you still put a high tender on Anthony Harris, or do you take the risk of putting a low tender on him with the over saturated market at safety?

That's a fair question, you might be able to get away with a lower tender. The safety market seems to be going down.

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

That's a fair question, you might be able to get away with a lower tender. The safety market seems to be going down.

I still think they put a second rounder on him.

30 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

With Jamie Collins and CJ Mosely hitting free agency, does that hurt Barr’s market?

Not if teams want to use Barr as a pass rusher. If teams view him as strictly an off ball LB then I'd say yes.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I just can’t see teams being interested in Barr as a pass rusher. Not for the type of money that he’s looking for. 

I don't think it would be smart of them, but it's supply and demand. Lots of teams need pass rushers and lots of teams have money. All it takes is one team to think he can do it. Is that enough cliches?

Wonder if the Vikings look at Maxx Williams at TE, Ravens just signed Nick Boyle to an extension, and they already have a ton of TEs on that team, I assume they let one of the four go.  Maxx really has not had a good pro career but is solid and might be reasonable in price I feel, good all around player who can block and is a bit of a weapon in the passing game.  

Williams is set to be a free agent, and I can’t see him getting much more than a league minimum. 

If the vikings do release Rudolph, Williams is a guy I’d be interested in bringing in, providing that it’s around league minimum, and he can fill out the roster. Then draft your Rudolph replacement, and Williams can battle with Conklin for the TE3 spot. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Wonder if the Vikings look at Maxx Williams at TE, Ravens just signed Nick Boyle to an extension, and they already have a ton of TEs on that team, I assume they let one of the four go.  Maxx really has not had a good pro career but is solid and might be reasonable in price I feel, good all around player who can block and is a bit of a weapon in the passing game.  

Would be a good option if Rudolph is released. It seems that Spielman loves players with MN ties.

Williams at least gives us some competition and another body prior to the draft. Can't imagine that he'd cost much more than league minimum.

Archived