Free ain't free in the NFL...

vike daddy

47 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

So, over or under 3:15pm (MN time) before we see the first “why haven’t we signed anyone” post?

315 today? Does the tampering period start already? 

As soon as other teams start showing interest in players

Eric Weddle signed with the Rams to replace Joyner I believe, I would not mind having Joyner as the other safety opposite Harrison.  I think he is a very good player who could also play the slot if asked as well and is a big hitter for his size.  Not sure we can afford him though, could do a lot of things with him and he can cover like a corner so would be a good option when Harrison is in the box.  Stupid dreaming though is most likely not even an option.  

18 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

I was for sure on board with resigning Anthony Harris at the end of the year, but with all the Safeties on the market, I am curious if they can get an upgrade at a pretty good deal. 

Harris is young, good and knows the system. I hope we stay with him.

20 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

I was for sure on board with resigning Anthony Harris at the end of the year, but with all the Safeties on the market, I am curious if they can get an upgrade at a pretty good deal. 

I'm not so sure it would make a lot of sense to pursue one of the marquee names (Thomas, Collins, Mathiue, ect) over Harris. The contractual difference between one of those players vs Harris will be massive and all the evidence points to Harris being a young star at the position so the upgrade in play talent might not even that large either.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Harris is young, good and knows the system. I hope we stay with him.

I agree. If we're tight on money as we are, why would we devote any money to upgrading the secondary when Harris in particular played well. Give him the second round tender and bring in a cheap veteran to replace Sendejo/Iloka.

2 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I'm not so sure it would make a lot of sense to pursue one of the marquee names (Thomas, Collins, Mathiue, ect) over Harris. The contractual difference between one of those players vs Harris will be massive and all the evidence points to Harris being a young star at the position so the upgrade in play talent might not even that large either.

I'm not saying it has to be one of those players, but there are so many safeties on the market now. I'm not saying I am against signing Harris at all, I  like him, it just makes me wonder what else they could do because of the number of good safeties out there. 

Archived