Looking forward to next year (a case for Eli)

GMENNATION

20 hours ago, bzane said:

Ah-HA! Now I understand what Kate Mara meant in that interview, when she was asked why did she root for the Vikings as much as she does for the Giants (!). She wouldn't give a name, but she said something to the effect that there was a very Special Man who had won her over with his love. Thought she meant Stefon Diggs or some other player; she said, "Let's just call him my 'Uncle'! "

It was you all along, @Uncle Buck!!!!

Related image

I just think of House of Cards.  Kevin Spacey was an inch away from paradise, and probably had to hold back vomit. 

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

What’s the point? To try something new because our current path hasn’t been working. Maybe we get lucky. Who knows. All we know is our current method has 100% failed.

But we aren’t going to convince each other lol.

Spoilers:  The QB we sign will be worse.  Teams don't let good QBs walk unless they're rebuilding.  

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

And we should be rebuilding, so time to let Eli go.

I feel like you're not understanding.  What's the point in signing a guy no one wants when we already have that.  Also, guy we has already knows the system, is a good leader, yadda yadda.  Again, the problem wasn't the offense this year...should look at stats.

9 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

I feel like you're not understanding.  What's the point in signing a guy no one wants when we already have that.  Also, guy we has already knows the system, is a good leader, yadda yadda.  Again, the problem wasn't the offense this year...should look at stats.

To use his massive cap space to help rebuild the team. If Eli isn't taking us over the hump, then what is the point.

Since 2011 we have been the 12th worst team.

Since 2012 we have been the 7th worst team.

Since 2013 we have been the 6th worst team.

Since 2014 we have been the 6th worst team

Since 2015 we have been the 5th worst team

Since 2016 we have been the 5th worst team

Since 2017 we have been the 2nd worst team

Since 2018 we have been the 5th worst team

We are no longer the average or even close to it. We are one of the worst teams in the league. Its time for a major change. Time to end the Eli era.

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

To use his massive cap space to help rebuild the team. If Eli isn't taking us over the hump, then what is the point.

Sure...I get it...but his deal is done next year.  What guy are you going to sign and at what cost to replace him?  No one is saying Eli is the QB of the future but the guy we sign isn't either.  Perhaps we draft someone that might be?  But it's not like a QB is going to make this team a contender...why not take another draft class to pick up more pieces we need and ride out next year with Eli?  

What FAs are you going to sign with the money we get from him?  

2 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

Sure...I get it...but his deal is done next year.  What guy are you going to sign and at what cost to replace him?  No one is saying Eli is the QB of the future but the guy we sign isn't either.  Perhaps we draft someone that might be?  But it's not like a QB is going to make this team a contender...why not take another draft class to pick up more pieces we need and ride out next year with Eli?  

What FAs are you going to sign with the money we get from him?  

We  will have $17M from cutting Eli. Use $7-12M on a quarterback. The drafted QB will compete with Lauletta and the veteran. I haven't looked at the free agent class but it will give us $5-10M additional money to get a few solid role players.

Chances are our record will be the same or worst next year, but we will have more pieces in place to help the future and we will be able to get an extended look at a potential QBOTF without dealing with an Eli benching scenario. #Playfor2020.

Lets make it clean now. 

In regards to just using our draft picks to rebuild the roster. I don't watch college football closely, but trading up for a QB with only one year starting seems risky. We are also without our 3rd round pick who we used on Sam Beal last year. Not a lot of picks to rebuild this team.

19 hours ago, Acgott said:

In regards to just using our draft picks to rebuild the roster. I don't watch college football closely, but trading up for a QB with only one year starting seems risky. We are also without our 3rd round pick who we used on Sam Beal last year. Not a lot of picks to rebuild this team.

That loss of that pick really hurt. I so wish we had a 3rd rounder. Im cool with a 1 and a 2 but no 3rd rd is pretty bad for all the holes we have. Its not easy to come away with quality after the 3rd. I hope theres some wheeling and dealing from Gettleman in this next draft. If Sam Beal flourishes fine im cool with no 3rd. But the fact hes coming off a surgery?... im not that optimistic.

On 16/01/2019 at 6:59 PM, Acgott said:

Since 2011 we have been the 12th worst team.

Since 2012 we have been the 7th worst team.

Since 2013 we have been the 6th worst team.

Since 2014 we have been the 6th worst team

Since 2015 we have been the 5th worst team

Since 2016 we have been the 5th worst team

Since 2017 we have been the 2nd worst team

Since 2018 we have been the 5th worst team

We are no longer the average or even close to it. We are one of the worst teams in the league. Its time for a major change. Time to end the Eli era.

Nobody is saying that we don’t need to move on from Eli first off, I’ve never disputed that. 

Aside from 2017, we’ve been around the average. Most teams hover around 6-10 and 9-7 and the difference in the teams are typically negligible. A couple bounces a 6-19 becomes 8-8 or 9-7. So saying we were 6th worst or 5th worst just ignores the reality of the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Nobody is saying that we don’t need to move on from Eli first off, I’ve never disputed that. 

Aside from 2017, we’ve been around the average. Most teams hover around 6-10 and 9-7 and the difference in the teams are typically negligible. A couple bounces a 6-19 becomes 8-8 or 9-7. So saying we were 6th worst or 5th worst just ignores the reality of the NFL. 

Come on now. Yes, a couple of bounces here or there and we can have been "average". We didn't get those bounces, and haven't for the past 5 years. 

But why strive for "average". If Eli is only producing a team that is max "average", its time for a change. In order to build a new tomorrow, we need to tear this one down.

Lets rip this band-aid off once and for all and move in a new direction. 

Archived