Jags HC Doug Marrone and GM Dave Caldwell safe for 2019 season

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, Elky said:

Caldwell should be fired for not bringing in competition for Bortles when they had the chance. They could have had Bridgewater AND L-Jack to breathe down Bortles' neck.

caldwell is a glorified scout for us.  he doesnt get to make the decisions.  the final choice always is TOMs. i wanted tom and caldwell both gone.  id be okay if the new gm wanted his Guy at coach as well tho Marrone isnt bad.  yes he seems to stick more towards old school football but part of that falls directly on who he has under center.  i mean lets be real blake isnt a great passer. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

There's also not the slam dunk "offensive guru" out there this year like Gase or Nagy, or a guy like Dan Quinn coming from a long-line of successful defenses and coordinators.  I think a lot of teams will be sticking with their coaches because of it.  As a Redskins fan, I'm pretty sure Gruden has another year, in part due to the Alex Smith and other litany of injuries, but also because that job is infinitely more toxic than it was pre-Smith injury with the Reuben Foster waiver claim and the purging of the business department after losing a power struggle to Bruce Allen.  

But back on topic, there just isn't the slam dunk new genius hire, and the retreads this year aren't a promising bunch either.  

i would love to see how Kingsburys offense would do in the nfl. he wouldnt be the worse shot in the dark. 

Archived