Bears vs Vikings GDT

Malfatron

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Act like you've been there before (a losing season). You could learn a lot about that from us Bears fans :P Honestly, as much as I cannot stand your team this year just sucked. Bears finally getting good and the Packers turned into a dumpster fire. And I don't say that to troll but I feel robbed of seeing some really good football games between our two teams.I really do hope you get it sorted out. I want to see some good GB CHI football games! 

We beat you in week 1 with a one legged QB. Are you delusional? 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:
5 minutes ago, dafreak said:

You couldnt tell from you message board...  :)

Grammar isn't your thing is it? 

Even a Bears fan ought to be able to figure it out from our Championship banners then. We're you out of diapers when the Super Bowl shuffle was a thing? 

Speaking of grammar

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@Pool would CHI look to restructure/extend Trevathan?    That could free up a bit more if they needed it.  Though he is a pretty vital part of that D

There's been rumblings but I'll be really surprised if he isn't starting for the Bears next year. He is one of the older defenders so they will have to replace him in the next couple of years.

If you think Trubisky has 'made it' you don't know football. Bortles is a game manager, when you put the ball in his hands trouble ensues. Trubisky will never be anything other than a game manager and when you put the ball in his hands and he has to get to his second and third reads, trouble ensues. 

The Jags had a great defense last year. An average QB who had his best year. That is exactly who the Bears are this year.

Remember Bears fans thought Cutler was the next big thing when he got you to the NFC Championship game a decade ago. How did that go and who beat you? 

So you want to compare Trubisky's year one to Bortles? How about you compare it to Rodgers after sitting behind HOF Favre for three years?

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Grammar isn't your thing is it? 

Even a Bears fan ought to be able to figure it out from our Championship banners then. Were you out of diapers when the Super Bowl shuffle was a thing? 

Have fun watching the Milwaukee Bucks!

We beat you in week 1 with a one legged QB. Are you delusional? 

Oh please. You got smoked for the first half of football and we're lucky to win that. Quit acting like the Packers walked in there and whooped up on em. If you want further proof just look at the 2nd time they played where Mack and Smith were not on a snap count. That game was never even a contest. 

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

So you want to compare Trubisky's year one to Bortles? How about you compare it to Rodgers after sitting behind HOF Favre for three years?

Trubisky started 12 games last year. I know you don't want those to count. 

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

Oh please. You got smoked for the first half of football and we're lucky to win that. Quit acting like the Packers walked in there and whooped up on em. If you want further proof just look at the 2nd time they played where Mack and Smith were not on a snap count. That game was never even a contest. 

That is a typical Bears fan response right there. Excuses for everything. 

True or False: The season head to head record was 1-1? That is simple, even for a Bears fan. 

8 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If you think Trubisky has 'made it' you don't know football. Bortles is a game manager, when you put the ball in his hands trouble ensues. Trubisky will never be anything other than a game manager and when you put the ball in his hands and he has to get to his second and third reads, trouble ensues. 

The Jags had a great defense last year. An average QB who had his best year. That is exactly who the Bears are this year.

Remember Bears fans thought Cutler was the next big thing when he got you to the NFC Championship game a decade ago. How did that go and who beat you? 

Look. Bortles was in what his 4th year last year? Trubisky barely played in college, got thrown into a dumpster fire last year, and in his first year with a good coach and actual offensive weapons is looking pretty good. He is still raw and inexperienced. For him to be doing as well as he has is impressive. For the Bears to be doing as well as they have is impressive. This team just won the NFC North after being picked to finish last by most experts. Give credit where credit is due and quit with this Bortles nonsense. Because that is what it is. Nonsense. You want to argue that he's holding the Bears back? That's a tough argument. You'd have better luck playing that game with their kicker.

Oh and nice reference to a decade ago where Cutler got hurt and didn't play the second half. Newsflash this isn't that Bears team and this certainly ain't that Packers team. But enjoy the memory. :)

15 minutes ago, Pool said:

Again a net loss of a one 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick is not mortgaging the future when you have a young team on rookie contracts. Our only "need" will be strong safety if Amos leaves. The following year we don't have a first but have 2 seconds. Again, not a big deal. We don't need the massive roster overhaul teams like the Packers, Lions, and Bills do.

No. I'm using "literally" as it's defined. Trading future picks for an older player is "literally" mortgaging the future. It's inarguable. That's the definition.

Doing this narrows windows. That's also undeniable. There's good debate around which method might be superior (long sustained approach vs periodic mortgaging), but you are incorrect in arguing the definitions.

Archived