Bears vs Vikings GDT

Malfatron

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Trubisky started 12 games last year. I know you don't want those to count. 

You do realize that this this is first year in a new offense though, with a new head coach? You also realize that not one of his WR's started for this team last year? You also realize that his #1 WR was not in the game today and they lost Anthony Miller in the first half?  You also realize that Rodgers has complained about not being on the same page os his first year WR's? You also realize the Bears won the division and are in the playoffs, right?

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

Look. Bortles was in what his 4th year last year? Trubisky barely played in college, got thrown into a dumpster fire last year, and in his first year with a good coach and actual offensive weapons is looking pretty good. He is still raw and inexperienced. For him to be doing as well as he has is impressive. For the Bears to be doing as well as they have is impressive. This team just won the NFC North after being picked to finish last by most experts. Give credit where credit is due and quit with this Bortles nonsense. Because that is what it is. Nonsense. You want to argue that he's holding the Bears back? That's a tough argument. You'd have better luck playing that game with their kicker.

Oh and nice reference to a decade ago where Cutler got hurt and didn't play the second half. Newsflash this isn't that Bears team and this certainly ain't that Packers team. But enjoy the memory. :)

And if you are honest you didn't want him playing in the second half. Difference, Rodgers or Favre would have played with what Cutler had. Rodgers did in week 1 and beat you guys on 1 leg. 

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

That is a typical Bears fan response right there. Excuses for everything. 

True or False: The season head to head record was 1-1? That is simple, even for a Bears fan. 

So you like legitimately hate Bears fans huh? Nothing personal but that kinda says a lot about you as a person. I've met tons of GB fans who are great people and I certainly wouldn't lump groups of people together based on personal experiences. Sorry to go off topic but it strikes me as odd. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

And if you are honest you didn't want him playing in the second half. Difference, Rodgers or Favre would have played with what Cutler had. Rodgers did in week 1 and beat you guys on 1 leg. 

Rodgers has complained all year that he hasnt been on the same page with his WR's. I havent heard that once from Trubisky.

2 minutes ago, dafreak said:

You do realize that this this is first year in a new offense though, with a new head coach? You also realize that not one of his WR's started for this team last year? You also realize that his #1 WR was not in the game today and they lost Anthony Miller in the first half?  You also realize that Rodgers has complained about not being on the same page os his first year WR's? You also realize the Bears won the division and are in the playoffs, right?

I realize all of that and again, congrats on your once a decade winning the NFC North. Enjoy your one year this decade. You'll suck next year just like the Bears do. You'll be looking for a new QB in 2021 because you'll be too stubborn to admit he's not a franchise QB after he flops like a Cutler next year. 

Enjoy the playoffs. We're looking forward to a productive off season and will be claiming our rightful division crown next year. 

1 minute ago, Pool said:

So you like legitimately hate Bears fans huh? Nothing personal but that kinda says a lot about you as a person. I've met tons of GB fans who are great people and I certainly wouldn't lump groups of people together based on personal experiences. Sorry to go off topic but it strikes me as odd. 

Not sure where the 'hate' came from. The truth is you keep making excuses as to why we beat you in week 1. That is typical of EVERY Bears fan I've ever met. 

The season record head to head was 1-1, yes or no? 

Just now, Golfman said:

I realize all of that and again, congrats on your once a decade winning the NFC North. Enjoy your one year this decade. You'll suck next year just like the Bears do. You'll be looking for a new QB in 2021 because you'll be too stubborn to admit he's not a franchise QB after he flops like a Cutler next year. 

Enjoy the playoffs. We're looking forward to a productive off season and will be claiming our rightful division crown next year. 

That's fine, I wish you and the Packers the best in your rebuild. In the meantime enjoy what is coming.

Just now, Golfman said:

Not sure where the 'hate' came from. The truth is you keep making excuses as to why we beat you in week 1. That is typical of EVERY Bears fan I've ever met. 

The season record head to head was 1-1, yes or no? 

You beat us in week 1 because you were better prepared and bette coached. No doubt about it.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No. I'm using "literally" as it's defined. Trading future picks for an older player is "literally" mortgaging the future. It's inarguable. That's the definition.

Doing this narrows windows. That's also undeniable. There's good debate around which method might be superior (long sustained approach vs periodic mortgaging), but you are incorrect in arguing the definitions.

So the Bears shouldn't have traded for Mack. Is that really what you are saying in a roundabout way? I've explained why the Bears are in a position to lose those picks. I don't know what else to say. Obviously I won't change your mind but they certainly didn't mortgage the future. Might it hurt them in 5 to 10 years? Possibly but I think with the position the Bears are in you make that trade all day every day. I'll say it again Mack instead of a 1st round pick this year, and swapping our more than likely late first for a more than likely early 2nd with the Raiders is not a huge net loss of draft picks. I think we also gave them a fifth or something. Can't forget about that.

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If Rodgers had sustained the same injury Cutler did he would not have come back. This is such a bad narrative. Cutler was many things but that dude was as tough as they come and kudos to Rodgers for coming back in and playing hurt. 

Archived