Bears vs Vikings GDT

Malfatron

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You are talking about the difference of a guy missing a game or two vs. the season or most of the season. Given what you just wrote, you actually confirmed my point. The chances of the same luck next year is damned near zero. 

Got it. The best edge rusher in football missing two games, the QB missing 2 games, the best receiver missing 3 games, arguably the best FS in the NFC missing two games, etc. None of that matters, I guess.

1 minute ago, Pool said:

You're playing both sides. You can't say in one post that the Mack trade was good for Chicago and in another say that the Bears gave up too much draft capital. This was an A+ knock it out of the park home run trade for the Bears. Accept it.

I said this year it looks like a good trade. I also said short of a Lombardi it's a bust. You had a good year given your history of sucking, so I'll give you that. Your defense is good enough to beat anybody, but your QB is lousy enough to lose to anybody too. 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Got it. Ending up on IR is the only way an injury is considered bad. The best edge rusher in football missing two games, the QB missing 2 games, the best receiver missing 3 games, arguably the best FS in the NFC missing two games. None of that matters, I guess.

Typical of a Bears fan, can't understand logic. Go and compare your missed games with any other playoff team and get back to me OK. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I said this year it looks like a good trade. I also said short of a Lombardi it's a bust. You had a good year given your history of sucking, so I'll give you that. Your defense is good enough to beat anybody, but your QB is lousy enough to lose to anybody too. 

Ok. So this trade is a bust if we don't win a SuperBowl with Mack. Then I guess you are a bit premature on the Bears gave up too much draft capitol take then, eh?

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

We don't need to make any changes moving forward. This team is competing for the SuperBowl THIS YEAR which was not expected. They will only lose Callahan or Amos next season and will be competing for the Super Bowl again next year as well unless something drastic happens.

You'll be competing to get to .500 next year. You can count on that. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Right. Funny thing is if you look at the worst playoff teams thread in NFL Gen 1 person out of 50+ picked the Bears. One. Take off your homer goggles bro. Bears are good and will be for the foreseeable future. Get used to it.

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Ok. So this trade is a bust if we don't win a SuperBowl with Mack. Then I guess you are a bit premature on the Bears gave up too much draft capitol take then, eh?

You win a Super Bowl then it was a good move, conceded. NO question about it. 

Typical of a Bears fan, can't understand logic. Go and compare your missed games with any other playoff team and get back to me OK. 

Your logic is the Bears had two of their better players end up on IR and a bunch of their better players miss a ton of games but the latter doesn’t matter because it’s IR or bust.

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Right. Funny thing is if you look at the worst playoff teams thread in NFL Gen 1 person out of 50+ picked the Bears. One. Take off your homer goggles bro. Bears are good and will be for the foreseeable future. Get used to it.

For years all of us in the Bears thread have drooled over the Packers success and complimented every move that they made. The Bears have *a* good year and it’s DEY STILL SUCK MACK ISNT WORTH IT TRUBINSKI SUX

Better yet. Explain to me why you think the Bears will collapse and struggle to get to .500 next year. If all you can say is hurr durr Turdbisky stinks I'm just gonna laugh.

1 minute ago, Pool said:

You are an extremely healthy team this year and have put together a Jacksonville type of run. I'll grant you that. You could lose to any team and best most. Time will tell but this year is your best chance to win. 

Just now, beardown3231 said:

For years all of us in the Bears thread have drooled over the Packers success and complimented every move that they made. The Bears have *a* good year and it’s DEY STILL SUCK MACK ISNT WORTH IT TRUBINSKI SUX

Agreed. I've never seen this kind of denial in the Bears forums. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Your logic is the Bears had two of their better players end up on IR and a bunch of their better players miss a ton of games but the latter doesn’t matter because it’s IR or bust.

As does EVERY TEAM in the NFL. The difference, but you're apparently willingly ignorant, you had fewer missed games than did probably every other team in the NFL. 

Go ahead and gloss over that. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

You are an extremely healthy team this year and have put together a Jacksonville type of run. I'll grant you that. You could lose to any team and best most. Time will tell but this year is your best chance to win. 

That may be so. We're healthy and are heading into the playoffs with an amazing defense. It's hard to repeat that kind of caliber play and to stay mostly injury free. Also, your comparisons of the Bears to Jacksonville is again laughable. I don't know who the coach and GM are in Jacksonville but I do know they are no Pace and Nagy.

Just now, Golfman said:

As does EVERY TEAM in the NFL. The difference, but you're apparently willingly ignorant, you had fewer missed games than did probably every other team in the NFL. 

Go ahead and gloss over that. 

And for the prior 4 years, they had awful injury luck. Too bad then, I guess they would have been 12-4 in those years, too.

GMAFB

Archived