Bears vs Vikings GDT

Malfatron

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Not at all. What draft capital did we give up in addition to re-signing Rodgers?

And what draft picks are even remotely likely to have the impact Mack has made?  This idea that draft picks or even FA's are some kind of sure thing is the most absurd part of the whole  argument.  CHI made a bet that Mack would make more of an impact for them than the future draft picks.  At this point is seems extremely likely that they won that bet.  In general, fans are way too preoccupied with draft picks.  Draft picks are an opportunity to improve your team.  Nothing more, nothing less.  The reality is that RD1 draft picks fail just as often as they succeed once you get past the elite talent.  At this point I would think GB fans would understand that better than most.

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

Better yet. Explain to me why you think the Bears will collapse and struggle to get to .500 next year. If all you can say is hurr durr Turdbisky stinks I'm just gonna laugh.

I don't give a **** what you're going to do. I'm looking forward to this conversation next year when you're 6-10 and looking for a QB and bitching about how it wasn't fair that so many of your players got hurt. 

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

And what draft picks are even remotely likely to have the impact Mack has made?  This idea that draft picks or even FA's are some kind of sure thing is the most absurd part of the whole  argument.  CHI made a bet that Mack would make more of an impact for them than the future draft picks.  At this point is seems extremely likely that they won that bet.  In general, fans are way too preoccupied with draft picks.  Draft picks are an opportunity to improve your team.  Nothing more, nothing less.  The reality is that RD1 draft picks fail just as often as they succeed once you get past the elite talent.  At this point I would think GB fans would understand that better than most.

For real. The reality of that trade is the Bears got Mack instead of a first round pick this year and are dropping 5-10 spots (our first to Raiders second) next year. This Bears sold the farm for Mack idea is absolutely ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I don't give a **** what you're going to do. I'm looking forward to this conversation next year when you're 6-10 and looking for a QB and bitching about how it wasn't fair that so many of your players got hurt. 

Ok explain why you think the Bears will go 6-10 next year. I'll wait.

Just now, Pool said:

Ok explain why you think the Bears will go 6-10 next year. I'll wait.

Keep waiting because I'll be looking this up next year when it happens. I don't explain myself to anyone, surely not an idiot Bears fan. 

Enjoying your moment of joy and troll on! It only happens once a decade so I'm OK with it. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Keep waiting because I'll be looking this up next year when it happens. I don't explain myself to anyone, surely not an idiot Bears fan. 

Enjoying your moment of joy and troll on! It only happens once a decade so I'm OK with it. 

Oh geez. Can't even defend your claim huh? Is that because you know its just as asinine as it sounds?

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Pace has absolutely crushed the middle rounds, late rounds

I agree to a certain point but Pace has been drafting in the top ten since he became the GM. Yes you can find those players when you're picking in the top 10 and top 5 of every round of the draft. If Pace was picking in the 30's like he'll be picking going forward he wouldn't have gotten those players you named.

Just now, St Vince said:

I agree to a certain point but Pace has been drafting in the top ten since he became the GM. Yes you can find those players when you're picking in the top 10 and top 5 of every round of the draft. If Pace was picking in the 30's like he'll be picking going forward he wouldn't have gotten those players you named.

That's what has been seriously neglected by Bears fans.  Getting the best players at the top of each round for 5 years = great way to build a foundation. 

We saw the Vikings reach the height of the NFC by doing that.
We just saw the Bears do that. 

The Lions never did because they're awful at drafting. 

I'll be worried about the Vikings or Bears once they sustain success by picking lower in each round the way the Packers did from 2011 - 2017. 

Bears fans right now think they're impervious to these types of trends in the NFL.  We see it literally every single year.  They can't possibly be the Jaguars because they have Mack.  The Jaguars Jaguar'd in spite of having Ramsey and a damn fine front 7. 

Can't blame them.  Kinda.  They saw the exact same thing happen with Cutler. 

4 hours ago, Pool said:

Agreed. I've never seen this kind of denial in the Bears forums. 

Well I'm not one of them. I said day one the Bears had a better roster and guys on your forum wouldn't except it because of past Packer success against the Bears. Your GM took full advantage of his draft position and built a strong deep roster full of young talent. Your problem going forward is that you wont be able to keep all that young talent once their rookie deals expire. Mack made your defense top 5 and those guys are gonna get a ton of money thrown at them. To keep Floyd his asking price will be a minimum of 18 million per. Picking late in the draft those premium picks you were used to getting wont be there. And when it's time for Mitch to get paid you're going to see an Exodus of talent leaving your roster.

48 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I think if you’re finding good players in the 4th and 5th rounds consistently, you can’t really say that. I’d agree if it was top 10 *overall* picks, but the bottom line is he’s finding not just decent, depth pieces but Pro Bowl players in the 4th and 5th rounds. Anyone could have taken Jackson or Cohen or Amos a round earlier.

Packers had the first pick of the 2017 fourth round and took Vince Biegel over Jackson & Cohen. Vikings took Jaleel Johnson over Jackson & Cohen. Washington took Samjae Perine over Cohen.

4 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Well I'm not one of them. I said day one the Bears had a better roster and guys on your forum wouldn't except it because of past Packer success against the Bears. Your GM took full advantage of his draft position and built a strong deep roster full of young talent. Your problem going forward is that you wont be able to keep all that young talent once their rookie deals expire. Mack made your defense top 5 and those guys are gonna get a ton of money thrown at them. To keep Floyd his asking price will be a minimum of 18 million per. Picking late in the draft those premium picks you were used to getting wont be there. And when it's time for Mitch to get paid you're going to see an Exodus of talent leaving your roster.

Someone is going to pay Leonard Floyd $18M a year? 😅

Just now, beardown3231 said:

I think if you’re finding good players in the 4th and 5th rounds consistently, you can’t really say that. I’d agree if it was top 10 *overall* picks, but the bottom line is he’s finding not just decent, depth pieces but Pro Bowl players in the 4th and 5th rounds. Anyone could have taken Jackson or Cohen or Amos a round earlier.

Packers had the first pick of the 2017 fourth round and took Vince Biegel over Jackson & Cohen. Vikings took Jaleel Johnson over Jackson & Cohen. Washington took Samjae Perine over Cohen.

You mean to say the teams picking in the bottom 1/3 of the 3rd round are not allowed to select any player that might be taken in the top 1/2 of the 4th round.  

Shocking statment

6 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Yes people overpay in FA you should know that. Look at what we gave Nick Perry. Face it Mack is gonna get a lot of guys on your roster paid $$$.

Floyd is the most inconsistent Bears defender and is hurt every year. His production isn’t where it should be. Hopefully you guys are the team that gives him $18M because that’ll be unintelligent.

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You mean to say the teams picking in the bottom 1/3 of the 3rd round are not allowed to select any player that might be taken in the top 1/2 of the 4th round.  

Shocking statment

Crazy, huh?

Not sure we can downplay Pace’s mid round finds just because his picks there were top 10-12. 

In the 3rd round in 2017, GB took Montravius Adams over Kenny Golladay, Cohen and Jackson. I’m supposed to blame Pace for that?

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

They also took Josh Jones over Alvin Kamara. That's what happens when you draft need over BPA.

Archived