Erm, Chargers @ Broncos

paul-mac

I will give nothing but respect to the D - they really have never given up.   

As for the Chargers, the Ravens' blitzburg approach has exposed a major problem in their 3rd down O.   It will be interesting to see if they can adjust.   If not, going on the road and winning 3x in a row isn't going to happen (@BAL gives them an advantage in having seen Lamar 1x but not if they don't have an answer for D blitzes).

14 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I'm growing less impressed with Sutton as the season goes on. Granted, he's a rookie, but he drops or misses a lot of catchable balls. For every one nice grab he makes, he drops a ton.

The thing is, he was supposed to be our 2nd WR behind Sanders.    He's still got work to do - he's still learning to run routes and depth of positioning, and yes, he should be getting more balls than he's missed on, the latest throw is a good example. 

I agree he's not stepped up his game since DT left and Sanders went down.    Now that he's the X and supposed primary weapon, his weaknesses are showing up for all to see.  It's why he was supposed to be our #2 in a perfect world next year.   He's not ready to be the #1, not by a long shot (and the plan was to let him develop...but now...well, nope).

Man, TD run wiped out by Bolles hold (and Patrick), and then Bolles, clearly frustrated, takes down Bosa next play.   No shame in losing to Bosa, but clearly Bolles was frustrated there on the 2nd play.  He didn't even try to do anything but take Bosa down and rag doll him.

And then it leads to a HORRIBLE decision by Keenum....backwards throw.   And so a fumble 6 for LAC.   SMH.   

Man...this 1H encapsulates our 2019 O in a nutshell, ladies & gentlemen.

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

Wow, back to back holding penalties on the meat head. Color me surprised. 

He’s played great. The last couple of weeks. Not surprised though when something meets your narrative for even a second you hop all over with the negativity. 

Archived