Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Raiders hire Mike Mayock as GM

Recommended Posts

Let's get the GM rumors flowing boys! Here is some pretty major news:

UPDATE:

 

Edited by RaidersAreOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean... no excuses to bomb the draft if Mike Mayock is your GM.

Does he have any idea how to do anything else a GM does?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I mean... no excuses to bomb the draft if Mike Mayock is your GM.

Does he have any idea how to do anything else a GM does?

I mean, he could delegate cap duties. But I'd worry about trade compensation still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t see Mayock being strong enough to keep Gruden in line. We need an experienced GM imo.

Edited by Dessie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayock works as nobody can keep Gruden in check. Just gotta hope it all works out this decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dessie said:

Don’t see Mayoxk being strong enough to keep Gruden in line. We need an experienced GM imo.

I don't think Gruden wants someone to challenge him. Though he needs it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Gruden is supposed to be running the show but this seems like the kind of hire Mark Davis would do. Mayock is a name and has been the mock draft guy for the last 10 years. He’s great at mocking his drafts but that doesn’t mean he’s good at drafting guys. When guys put out mock drafts it’s usually based off of things they hear around the league. Who’s to say he’ll be able to do the same when he’s not getting teams to tell him things. I wouldn’t put much stock in this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

I know Gruden is supposed to be running the show but this seems like the kind of hire Mark Davis would do. Mayock is a name and has been the mock draft guy for the last 10 years. He’s great at mocking his drafts but that doesn’t mean he’s good at drafting guys. When guys put out mock drafts it’s usually based off of things they hear around the league. Who’s to say he’ll be able to do the same when he’s not getting teams to tell him things. I wouldn’t put much stock in this. 

There are quite a few Footballs Future posters that would do better than a lot of GMs when it comes to the draft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

All-TV Analyst FO lets go

Mark looks likes he’s all in on the White House style organization building. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I don't think Gruden wants someone to challenge him. Though he needs it.

That’s my point, he definitely needs to be challenged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×