Raiders hire Mike Mayock as GM

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Not sure you can fault Mayock or grigson for Trent Richardson. They weren’t the only people that were high on him. Looked like a big time playmaker. Some guys just flop.

I still feel for Trent. He came into the league with all this hype but had knee surgery in his rookie off-season. He wasn't right that whole year but still put up some meh #s - 950yds 11td 3.6ypa.

Just lost confidence or something after the trade. Desire wasn't there or something...oh well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

As long as Grigson isn't in charge of the roster I'm fine with it. And he's not the GM so he shouldn't be anyway.

There’s only one guy in charge of the roster and it’s certainly not the GM. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 12:39 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/03/how-well-has-raiders-gm-mike-mayock-done-at-evaluating-quarterbacks/

Interesting read. I really have no clue where we stand with Carr. He looked so solid the second halfish of the year sans the brutal one in the finale. I doubt we go QB early but IF we do, what are your thoughts given Mayock's history?

Mayock said you can’t evaluate Carr until he has weapons around him.

• 3 months later...

Watching NFLN replay of the 2014 draft is making me wonder if Mayock would have let Mack get out of the building. Thought he should have been #1 and is talked about at every pick. Wish Gruden replaced Reggie last season if he knew he wanted Mayock to begin with. I'm a big fan of RM but not a fan of last seasons dysfunction. I still don't think 'the team' is in place as I expect Jon is waiting for the axe in Washington to get his Oline and OC coaches. (Bill C. and Jay)

Edited by G

4 hours ago, G said:

Watching NFLN replay of the 2014 draft is making me wonder if Mayock would have let Mack get out of the building. Thought he should have been #1 and is talked about at every pick. Wish Gruden replaced Reggie last season if he knew he wanted Mayock to begin with. I'm a big fan of RM but not a fan of last seasons dysfunction. I still don't think 'the team' is in place as I expect Jon is waiting for the axe in Washington to get his Oline and OC coaches. (Bill C. and Jay)

Yeah I’m actually hoping the Redskins suck this year to complete our coaching staff lol

• Like 2

On 4/20/2019 at 6:36 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Is Callahan a good o-line coach? I've heard his name a ton but can't recall what Redskin fans think of him. 

Helped with our top ranked rushing attack under Gruden the first time around. He has had Pro Bowlers at each stop since with the Jets, Cowboys, and Skins. Not sure if that's him or the players, but he's always been in demand and had a job waiting for him.

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Helped with our top ranked rushing attack under Gruden the first time around. He has had Pro Bowlers at each stop since with the Jets, Cowboys, and Skins. Not sure if that's him or the players, but he's always been in demand and had a job waiting for him.

Sounds enticing. Regardless he'll be a massive upgrade over the Cable guy.

• 6 months later...

I feel like we rely on our rookies more than most but they're still producing. Jacobs has been legit from day one. Ingold too for that matter. Crosby has been making his mark since the light came on. Renfrow took a bit, but he's a solid contributor. Moreau has been steady, Mullens has been decent in his role too. Hell, Devey looked nice before he got hurt. Cle has been up and down tbh but whatever. Let's also remember AJ Cole is a UDFA as well. This isn't even counting Abram or Isaiah Johnson either due to injuries.

Core contributors, most of them. Its not even a full year into their careers, but I'm very pleased so far. Excited for next draft more than usual, but also less than usual since we're playing good ball still.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I feel like we rely on our rookies more than most but they're still producing.

We've scored 9 TDs in our last 3 games and 7 have been scored by rookies (3 for Jacobs, 2 for Moreau, 1 each for Ingold and Renfrow). So yeah, we're relying on them and they're producing. 

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I feel like we rely on our rookies more than most but they're still producing. Jacobs has been legit from day one. Ingold too for that matter. Crosby has been making his mark since the light came on. Renfrow took a bit, but he's a solid contributor. Moreau has been steady, Mullens has been decent in his role too. Hell, Devey looked nice before he got hurt. Cle has been up and down tbh but whatever. Let's also remember AJ Cole is a UDFA as well. This isn't even counting Abram or Isaiah Johnson either due to injuries.

Core contributors, most of them. Its not even a full year into their careers, but I'm very pleased so far. Excited for next draft more than usual, but also less than usual since we're playing good ball still.

Devey is 31 year old vet. Did you mean to include him?

Rookie class looks great. They certainly get more opportunities in Oakland than most teams give rookies and they are proving themselves. Make you really excited for the future. I'm tempering expectations simply because we all bought in on Reggie, he won executive of the year and ultimately his drafts left little talent across the roster.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Devey is 31 year old vet. Did you mean to include him?

Rookie class looks great. They certainly get more opportunities in Oakland than most teams give rookies and they are proving themselves. Make you really excited for the future. I'm tempering expectations simply because we all bought in on Reggie, he won executive of the year and ultimately his drafts left little talent across the roster.

My crystal ball says he meant James.

• Like 3