Raiders hire Mike Mayock as GM

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

There is reasoning behind getting a is of all the Gruden era holdovers and just purge the FO and start over.

This is where I am at. I think you need to wash your hands of the Gruden era entirely and start fresh. 

Do you want Mayock picking the next coach?

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is where I am at. I think you need to wash your hands of the Gruden era entirely and start fresh. 

Do you want Mayock picking the next coach?

This is the issue isn't it? We simply don't know what Mayock knows really and who his contacts may be.

Mark has used sounding boards like Madden in the past but we absolutely need to get this hire right. We need someone who sets a standard, instills integrity and leads from the front.

The correct way I think is to get your GM in place and let him conduct the search with input from Mark. I like Mayock but don't feel he's experienced enough to conduct the search as thoroughly as necessary probably.

22 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

This is the issue isn't it? We simply don't know what Mayock knows really and who his contacts may be.

Mark has used sounding boards like Madden in the past but we absolutely need to get this hire right. We need someone who sets a standard, instills integrity and leads from the front.

The correct way I think is to get your GM in place and let him conduct the search with input from Mark. I like Mayock but don't feel he's experienced enough to conduct the search as thoroughly as necessary probably.

This worries me as Davis allowed that with McKenzie who hired Allen. He hated Allen and opted to pick his own coaches in JDR and Gruden. 

Davis comes off as a rube who I don't see hiring a bright up and coming GM to run his organization. He feels more like a guy who will either stick with Mayock because Gruden liked him. Or hire someone else endorsed by someone he talks to.

We can rest assured knowing that we will not be overly excited about what happens in this search is my guess. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roninho said:

I dont think giving him 1 year would work. It is very unlikely that we can truly evaluate within a year if a draftworked out well. Unless they flat out suck of course.

Also, if you only give him short term we will also likely not attract a top coach.

I would like to give mayock a fairshot but believe itsbetter for us to startall over

well i didnt mean a year.. just mean let him have this draft and go feom there

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I would. When it comes down to it we don’t know who did what 

Not to defend Antonio Brown, as he's proven many times over how he is, but his spat with Mayock comes to mind again for me.

Did he say something off? 

Why was he in that sort of argument with a player in the first place? 

Either way, that alone hardly screams GM of a professional football franchise to me. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not to defend Antonio Brown, as he's proven many times over how he is, but his spat with Mayock comes to mind again for me.

Either way, that alone hardly screams GM of a professional football franchise to me. 

The way I look at it is what would make Antonio Brown think that he could spit on a GM unless he thought he was on the GM’s level. That’s key 

17 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The way I look at it is what would make Antonio Brown think that he could spit on a GM unless he thought he was on the GM’s level. That’s key 

Brown is a headcase. dude streamed postgame live in steelers lockerroom without permission. he doesnt respect anyone

27 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I disagree, I thought Mayock handled it very professionally and didn't yield to the player throwing his toys out the pram. That could have escalated really quickly with Brown looking for any angle to create trouble and he dealt with it well. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I disagree, I thought Mayock handled it very professionally and didn't yield to the player throwing his toys out the pram. That could have escalated really quickly with Brown looking for any angle to create trouble and he dealt with it well. 

That's kind of where I'm at. I feel like he's handled the entire situation professionally. I feel like he deserves a shot on that alone

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Are you suggesting Mayock got spit on and it was his fault? Spitting on someone is despicable. Brown should have gotten his *** kicked for doing it. I believe he also called Mayock a cracker. That's a racial slur and the NFL didn't do a thing to him. NFL double standard. Absolute BS.

Edited by SBXISBXVSBXVIII

13 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Are you suggesting Mayock got spit on and it was his fault? Spitting on someone is despicable. Brown should have gotten his *** kicked for doing it. I believe he also called Mayock a cracker. That's a racial slur and the NFL didn't do a thing to him. NFL double standard. Absolute BS.

Is it not fair to wonder what the heck actually went on leading up to it? I was pretty clear that I wasn't defending Antonio Brown. Nor would I. I've said many times I think Antonio Brown is a trash human being. 

I merely pointed out that the whole situation, from the shameless @$$ kissing to the almost @$$ kicking showed me he doesn't have the material it requires to be an effective GM. 

22 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I am happy Gruden is gone but at the same time him being the only person targeted so far when it was the WFT being investigated and AB not being forced out of the league for what he has done makes the league hypocrites in my eyes.  It is not the first time and it will not be the last time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

He showed up and made a circus of the Raiders then spit on the GM. He was lucky another player didn't punch him in the face.