Raiders hire Mike Mayock as GM

RaidersAreOne

Mark Davis failed the Raiders. I appreciate Mayock doing that press conference but that should have been Mark. You want to be the owner of the team. You think your dad wouldn’t have been out there lol. Mark hid like a scared little man who’s hurt. Totally unacceptable

• Like 2

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Mark Davis failed the Raiders. I appreciate Mayock doing that press conference but that should have been Mark. You want to be the owner of the team. You think your dad wouldn’t have been out there lol. Mark hid like a scared little man who’s hurt. Totally unacceptable

Mark needs to just stay in the background unless the NFL wants all of their dirt exposed and the league to self implode.

Just now, agarcia34 said:

No he needed to speak. He’s the owner. Him staying quiet does nothing 

No he didn't. He probably feels betrayed by the NFL that they purposely tried to sabotage the season 5 weeks in while protecting their buddy Dan Snyder and his human trafficking ring. You're calling Mark out for refusing to discuss emails from a decade ago when other owners are involved in a scandal where hundreds of women were brutalized and the league isn't doing ish about it.

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

With a FN projector.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No he didn't. He probably feels betrayed by the NFL that they purposely tried to sabotage the season 5 weeks in while protecting their buddy Dan Snyder and his human trafficking ring. You're calling Mark out for refusing to discuss emails from a decade ago when other owners are involved in a scandal where hundreds of women were brutalized and the league isn't doing ish about it.

He doesn't need to address the emails. But he definitely needs to address his handling of the situation once he became aware of the emails. Seems like a fair expectation. Pointing at other misconduct by the league and other teams just seems like whataboutism.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Al would've filed a lawsuit against the NFL and Roger Goodell

• Like 1

There's still time for further statements/etc but yeah, very disappointed in Mark for not saying more. Hasn't even been willing to condemn the remarks and say there's no place for it going forward (and yes, when you're the owner and there's this much spotlight on you, you do need to say it). 

Doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to be livid about how it's gone down. He should be pissed at the league for having this all off-season and choosing the Friday before a game to dump it on him. Can't say if I were in his shoes that I wouldn't have waited until Monday either.