Raiders hire Mike Mayock as GM

RaidersAreOne

"I respected and loved Jon Gruden as man and a coach. I put all my eggs in his basket. I'm incredibly disappointed and hurt by his remarks. The Raiders have always been a beacon for progressivism and this behavior is unacceptable. We will move forward and do better. 

Taking nothing away from that, there are many questions to be answered about why this did not come to my attention sooner. We all deserve to know more."

Would not have been hard for him at all to say unless he wouldn't mean it.

48 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

He doesn't need to address the emails. But he definitely needs to address his handling of the situation once he became aware of the emails. Seems like a fair expectation. Pointing at other misconduct by the league and other teams just seems like whataboutism.

Mark owes the media nothing at this point. If the league was this concerned about the emails and Gruden they should've released them months ago so the team could've prepared to move forward without him before the season started. It was a dirty move by the league to spite the team during the first season with fans in attendance in Las Vegas. Why should he try to be buddy, buddy with the league that's trying to sabotage his organization? Why does he owe the media any answers? Gruden was an ESPN employee at the time...

31 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Would not have been hard for him at all to say unless he wouldn't mean it.

"The Raiders organization does not condone or support any racial, sexist, or hateful behavior so we have decided to part ways with Jon Gruden. The team also needed time to do due diligence when addressing these claims as they were brought to our attention 5 weeks into the NFL season when the league was aware of them for a year. I would like to ask Rodger Goddell to take some accountability and address why he decided to leak these emails now instead of before the season? And why other owners are not being held accountable for the misconduct within their front offices." 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mark owes the media nothing at this point. If the league was this concerned about the emails and Gruden they should've released them months ago so the team could've prepared to move forward without him before the season started. It was a dirty move by the league to spite the team during the first season with fans in attendance in Las Vegas. Why should he try to be buddy, buddy with the league that's trying to sabotage his organization? Why does he owe the media any answers? Gruden was an ESPN employee at the time...

He owes fans an explanation. Answering media questions at a press conference is merely the mechanism to do that. He is the owner of the team. In what other circumstance would his answers not be expected when the Head Coach resigns or is fired?

26 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

He owes fans an explanation. Answering media questions at a press conference is merely the mechanism to do that. He is the owner of the team. In what other circumstance would his answers not be expected when the Head Coach resigns or is fired?

The coach resigned, he has already released a statement. 

I honestly don’t buy that Mike is shocked by all of this. Same for Mark. Just being honest if you use language like gruden casually does it’s not just gonna be just with the wft it going to be with everyone. And it’s not going to be just between a 7 year span it’s basically a way of life. I think everyone knew they just chopped it up as that’s just gruden a guy with no filter.

I’m still interested to hear nassib speak because I wonder if gruden casually threw around vulgar words that would offend Carl unaware about his sexual orientation.  

I also still believe that others should be held to the same accountability as gruden because I’m positive he isn’t the only one. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I honestly don’t buy that Mike is shocked by all of this. Same for Mark. Just being honest if you use language like gruden casually does it’s not just gonna be just with the wft it going to be with everyone. And it’s not going to be just between a 7 year span it’s basically a way of life. I think everyone knew they just chopped it up as that’s just gruden a guy with no filter.

I’m still interested to hear nassib speak because I wonder if gruden casually threw around vulgar words that would offend Carl unaware about his sexual orientation.  

I also still believe that others should be held to the same accountability as gruden because I’m positive he isn’t the only one. 

Curious about this as well. People dont typically stop using slurs in their 50s. 

15 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

He's a coward. The fact that there are some that think his response is sufficient is baffling to me. Further evidence that he is unfit to run this business.

Goddell's a coward for being at our home opener playing buddy buddy with Mark/Jon knowing he was going to leak all of this a month later, lol. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Goddell's a coward for being at our home opener playing buddy buddy with Mark/Jon knowing he was going to leak all of this a month later, lol. 

I don't disagree. Consistent with how Goodell has operated historically. But that has no effect on my expectations for how Davis should have handled this. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Curious about this as well. People dont typically stop using slurs in their 50s. 

Also makes you really wonder about the AB situation cause I know guys who don’t have good filters often over step the line in the sand. I don’t think mike is in the same boat as gruden but if you’re around that type of crowd and you don’t oppose it imo you’re basically condoning it. Like my dad told “you’re known by the company you keep” & “Guilty by association”

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/mike-mayock-is-now-in-control-of-the-raiders-roster-but-for-how-long-204632972.html

Couple interesting titbits in there......

A former Raiders employee explained it this way to us previously: “Jon handle[d] free agency. Mike’s baby is the draft. But Jon also [could] do whatever he wants with that. He [had] final say.”

I guess that's how we gave silly money to guys like Kenyan Drake and Trent Brown.....

Edited by Darbsk