Raiders hire Mike Mayock as GM

RaidersAreOne

I'm on the side of keeping him and giving him a chance to make the draft picks for the entire draft. He most likely didn't make the 1st round picks (Gruden). Mayock, if it's him making the picks the rest of the draft, I'd like to see what does with the 1st pick. I'm probably going to get blasted for this, but keep in mind it'd just my opinion.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I'm on the side of keeping him and giving him a chance to make the draft picks for the entire draft. He most likely didn't make the 1st round picks (Gruden). Mayock, if it's him making the picks the rest of the draft, I'd like to see what does with the 1st pick. I'm probably going to get blasted for this, but keep in mind it'd just my opinion.

I have to be honest and say I'm curious to see what Mayock would do with complete autonomy. It could be that we would draft very differently, of course we could just draft the same and you've wasted another year and several more draft picks then.........I'm honestly on the fence at this point. I think in reality the Raiders move on but I have no idea who would make a great GM so won't pretend to know who else I'd go with if we canned Mayock.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Who would you guys hire as GM, if Mayock gets fired?

Come up with some verified poll option, where any long term poster on here gets to vote on draft picks. 
Poll opens when we are on clock, and closes 1 min prior. 
Just go with consensus. 

When one person controls the final say, to much room to go wrong. Leave it up to a group of people haha. 

• Like 1

This forum's active posters is who should be hired. We agree, we disagree, we find consensus. No Gruden walking all over Mayock dynamic. If you have a horrid take, you will be called out. 

We'd be Superbowl bound with loads of talent year in, year out. Come on, Mark, you wanted Vegas. Take a gamble!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Who would you guys hire as GM, if Mayock gets fired?

I think it's a moot point, because Davis will hire the first guy with Raider ties he come across, but some names I like:

Kwesi Adofo-Mensah - Browns VP of Ops. He's got an innovative mind and is forward thinking. He's more of a "new school," analytics driven type. 

Brad Holmes - Rams. Anyone off the Rams win at all costs staff would be interesting to me.

Keeping Mayock would be a disaster imo. To many mistakes in the draft right or wrong. We can blame Gruden, but Mayock was in those rooms making these pick. Either he had no backbone to stand up against Gruden or he was in agreance and either way, I don't want to risk any more picks with his fingers on them.

Look at it this way. If you fire Mayock, does he get another GM job in the NFL? Hell no! So why be the team that employs a guy nobody else would even look at for a job on their staff? 

To me it will come down to how the team fares this year. 

If we play good football down the strech and get in the PO I would probably lean toward keeping Mayock and Bisaccia for 2022.

Let Mayock cook, let Bisaccia, Olson, Bradley work and see how far they can take us in 2022.

If we collapse and miss the PO, I want a house cleaning from top to bottom.

• Like 2