Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

I like this long term for the Celtics. Paying IT4 was going to be... not great. Irving gives you a more all around player. Crowder was also likely to be traded and not retained in the near future and wasnt going to start this year anways. Zizic is a throw in. The Brooklyn pick hurts a little, but with Tatum and Brown remaining in the fold, how would they get another top 5 pick minutes anyways?

Credit to the Cavs front office that said from day one they weren't going to rush into any deal and just move Kyrie for the types of packages other recent stars have netted. Getting the Nets pick is huge. I don't know if this makes LeBron more likely to stay or not, but the Cavs certainly have a legit squad going into next season. Could easily win 60+ even with a little coasting.

Like it for Boston as well. Had to eventually cash in with a star with one of those assets. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I like this long term for the Celtics. Paying IT4 was going to be... not great. Irving gives you a more all around player. Crowder was also likely to be traded and not retained in the near future and wasnt going to start this year anways. Zizic is a throw in. The Brooklyn pick hurts a little, but with Tatum and Brown remaining in the fold, how would they get another top 5 pick minutes anyways?

Explain? He's basically the same player as IT except he's a few years younger and signed for a few more years and is taller. Neither are helping you on the defensive end

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Explain? He's basically the same player as IT except he's a few years younger and signed for a few more years and is taller. Neither are helping you on the defensive end

IT is useless on defense, Kyrie is fine on ball when he tries.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Given how stingy Ainge had been with his assets prior to this deal, was there anything that gave you confidence that the Celtics would ultimately give up this package to land Kyrie Irving?

I definitely thought that Kyrie had more of a chance to get a haul than butler/george. definitely surprising from ainge

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

Aaaand there goes LeBron's streak of Finals appearances 

Really don't see Boston beating Cleveland, even with Irving.  Sure they went from having the advantage at PG to now losing it, but they have an advantage at every other position on the court.

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I don't hate it for the Celtics but this is some fun spin here. Crowder has massive value on maybe the best contract in the league. Everyone has been touting Zizic for a year. The Brooklyn picks have been untouchable for 3 years