With the 10th pick the Denver Broncos select?

Wolzen

31 minutes ago, germ-x said:

It’s Haskins or Jones for me.  Haskins is damn good all the way around.  Love his quick release and accuracy.  Though I do question how he’ll do under pressure at the next level, as he isn’t a very good athlete and didn’t have to face much of it at OSU.

Jones is a lesser arm talent than Haskins, but a much better athlete.  He knows how to handle pressure make quick reads and get the ball out because he was forced to do it at Duke with their less than stellar talent.  

Haskins has only one year of experience and the track record at Ohio State for QBs is far from ideal. I'm not saying no but there is quite a bit of risk there. 

Haskins has the ceiling & toolset, that while the single season sample size still worries me, is worth the juice.   He's the only QB who makes the BPA argument at 1.10 - but I've never thought the top QB in this class would be available when we pick, nothing's changed in that assessment (although I didn't think it was going to be Haskins, and I didn't think we'd end up picking 1.10 4-5 weeks ago lol).

I think Jones has the safest floor of the rest of the QB class (barring injury, no one can predict that), but his late success / QB skillset that's good but not great, that's a guy who's normally taken Rd 3+ most years.  I just can't pull the trigger that early.

Lock's exactly the skill profile that we have failed to develop with Elway/Kubiak at the helm of the org.   I can only hope Elway isn't tempted to go to the well again lol.   I kinda hope whoever doesn't get Haskins takes him to remove the dilemna for Elway.

BPA is still CB/T (DL if some guy falls too far) or Haskins for me.  Haskins won't be there at 1.10, though (I doubt he's even there at 1.6 - someone is moving up to get him, even if it's just NYG to block others).

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Haskins has the ceiling & toolset, that while the single season sample size still worries me, is worth the juice.   He's the only QB who makes the BPA argument at 1.10 - but I've never thought the top QB in this class would be available when we pick, nothing's changed in that assessment (although I didn't think it was going to be Haskins, and I didn't think we'd end up picking 1.10 4-5 weeks ago lol).

I think Jones has the safest floor of the rest of the QB class (barring injury, no one can predict that), but his late success / QB skillset that's good but not great, that's a guy who's normally taken Rd 3+ most years.  I just can't pull the trigger that early.

Lock's exactly the skill profile that we have failed to develop with Elway/Kubiak at the helm of the org.   I can only hope Elway isn't tempted to go to the well again lol.   I kinda hope whoever doesn't get Haskins takes him to remove the dilemna for Elway.

BPA is still CB/T (DL if some guy falls too far) or Haskins for me.  Haskins won't be there at 1.10, though (I doubt he's even there at 1.6 - someone is moving up to get him, even if it's just NYG to block others).

If we take Jones in the top 10, I’ll be able to talk myself into really liking the pick because of our circumstance. But in a “normal year”, I see him as that 3rd QB in the draft, that some team reaches for a bit at the end of round one. 

13 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

If we take Jones in the top 10, I’ll be able to talk myself into really liking the pick because of our circumstance. But in a “normal year”, I see him as that 3rd QB in the draft, that some team reaches for a bit at the end of round one. 

Unfortunately draft dynamics have changed greatly over the past few years. I am not sure how available these 3rd best QBs will be available at the end of Round 1 anymore. This class will be a good test of this, since there are only 2 "1st round talent" options available - I think we still see 3 picked in the first 20 picks.

30 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

None. We wont pay another QB with Case on the books for 10M dead cap. At least I hope we dont. Especially since there are not really any worth paying to begin with.

Agree - which is why I thought it strange that kansas bob suggested we go find a QB in Free Agency.

Archived