With the 10th pick the Denver Broncos select?

Wolzen

32 minutes ago, Counselor said:

We are picking 10th

Okay, okay,  so at 10 we should get a great, impact ballplayer. CB, DT both look strong and deep. :D

Anyway, we've got holes all over the roster and very little depth. BPA should work nicely for our strategy.

50 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

They will have 10th once tonight's game is over buffalo will be behind us from my understanding. 

Once again, the result of tonight’s game does not matter. Either way, we’ll be flipping a coin with Buffalo for the 9th pick. 

Edit: Apparently there’s been a change in the tiebreaking procedures. Now, instead of flipping a coin after conference records, they go through the whole gambit of tiebreakers for wild card playoff berths. That means that strength of victories is the next tiebreaker (which is insane, because better wins means worse losses), which Denver loses. We pick 10th.

1 hour ago, bMiller031 said:

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Interesting I heard the NFL had said 10th

Tankathon is apparently off because the TEN-IND game will then create a tie with Buf on SoS.

Sounds like the NFL had to wait for the TEN-IND game - but if the following is correct - we pick 10th.   The coin flip only gets used if teams are from different conferences.   With BUF being in the AFC  it’s conference record then common opponents and then strength of victory.  

We tied in conference record at 4-8.  We both had 1-4 records against common opponents.   BUF has a lower SoV so if that’s right we pick 10th.   

http://www.espn.com.au/nfl/table/_/view/playoff

The NFL Media Twitter account apparently had us at 9th...then 10th lol.   Then deleted the Tweet.   So stay tuned lol.  

PS - Tankathon has corrected the SoS   And no coin flip noted.  We pick 10th.

Just now, jsthomp2007 said:

Baker then Daniel Jones in the 2nd.

If thats possible I'd be doing backflips.  My dream scenario is someone trades up for a guy  they target ala new Orleans greenbay last year and that wasn't for a qb.

So bpa late first pick they'll be lots of options. 

Daniel Joned round two

And wed have more draft capital for next year.

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

If thats possible I'd be doing backflips.  My dream scenario is someone trades up for a guy  they target ala new Orleans greenbay last year and that wasn't for a qb.

So bpa late first pick they'll be lots of options. 

Daniel Joned round two

And wed have more draft capital for next year.

Get a potential shut down CB and QBOTF...would not be a bad pairing to last year's haul. Did the announcers have it right that the Broncos have the youngest roster in the league? I'd put these two together to grow with the rest of them. I also like the thought of Shanny and Kubs bringing these kids along, because those two are great developmental coaches, and would think that that what these youngans need.

11 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Get a potential shut down CB and QBOTF...would not be a bad pairing to last year's haul. Did the announcers have it right that the Broncos have the youngest roster in the league? I'd put these two together to grow with the rest of them. I also like the thought of Shanny and Kubs bringing these kids along, because those two are great developmental coaches, and would think that that what these youngans need.

Shanny isn't a realistic option.  It's a moot point ellis turned down the idea when cousins could of came with him. Its less likely this year.

And I like the idea of the pairing you suggested.  But if we were able to trade down into the late 20s and get a haul back along with going bpa because lets face it this team can be upgraded at a lot of spots. I think thats ideal.

16 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

According to this -  https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2018-edition/

in September - the Broncos were ranked 17th youngest. I suppose, since then we are minus DT, Leary, Sanders, Harris, etc - it would have brought the average down a bit.

But the announcers made a lot of claims last night that were less than 'accurate' 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Shanny isn't a realistic option.  It's a moot point ellis turned down the idea when cousins could of came with him. Its less likely this year.

And I like the idea of the pairing you suggested.  But if we were able to trade down into the late 20s and get a haul back along with going bpa because lets face it this team can be upgraded at a lot of spots. I think thats ideal.

I don't know...again they are all so young. Theoretically, the Broncos have some potentially awesome weapons. I'd keep the Top 10 pick and go for a staple in building the foundation for the offense in a QB, or the defense in a CB. I can only think that if the Bronco can resign Roby and place him back in the nickel where he belongs and you got Baker, CHJ, Roby, and Yiadom / Jamar Taylor coming off the bench. Then you got a solid secondary again.

1 minute ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I don't know...again they are all so young. Theoretically, the Broncos have some potentially awesome weapons. I'd keep the Top 10 pick and go for a staple in building the foundation for the offense in a QB, or the defense in a CB. I can only think that if the Bronco can resign Roby and place him back in the nickel where he belongs and you got Baker, CHJ, Roby, and Yiadom / Jamar Taylor coming off the bench. Then you got a solid secondary again.

In that scenario id rather let roby walk and keep yiadam get him reps at slot. 

What if foles gets to the nfc championship game and wentz becomes available what we giving up to get him?

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I disagree - Ellis is / will be seen as responsible for the fact that VJ was retained last season and the Broncos lost out on Shanahan/Cousins.

Public pressure dictates a lot - and his behind is pretty much on fire at the moment. 

You have to give Elway credit - if he really does want Shanahan then he has played a masterful game propaganda-wise to force Ellis to back down.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Roby was terrible, again, yesterday. He has gone backwards this year when he should have been able to step up. I agree - give Yiadom the reps - the guy fought hard last night and deserves his chance (Roby has blown his one).

As for the draft - we need a repeat of last year - BPA, and make sure the guys picked are leaders on their teams.

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What if foles gets to the nfc championship game and wentz becomes available what we giving up to get him?

I'd trade Chubb straight up for Wentz. No joke...you can find edge rushers...but obviously finding a franchise QB is way harder to find, so yeah...Chubb straight up and maybe one our 5th round picks to sweeten the pot. 

1 minute ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I'd trade Chubb straight up for Wentz. No joke...you can find edge rushers...but obviously finding a franchise QB is way harder to find, so yeah...Chubb straight up and maybe one our 5th round picks to sweeten the pot. 

It would be a major risk given Wentz's injury history - but I would do it - and then resign Shaq.

Archived