Jump to content
Wolzen

With the 10th pick the Denver Broncos select?

Recommended Posts

Lol. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Baker Mayfield is going to have a very good career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 5:39 PM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Vince Young

Cam Newton

Sam Bradford

RG3

Dak Prescott

 

those are the last 5 QBs to win ROY.  Turns out an impressive rookie performance does not translate to how good a QB will actually be.

RG3 and VY couldn't throw, Bradford's rookie year was pretty unremarkable, Dak had an all-time running game to lean on and Cam has had a very good career. As a pure passer, none of these guys are close to Baker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

RG3 and VY couldn't throw, Bradford's rookie year was pretty unremarkable, Dak had an all-time running game to lean on and Cam has had a very good career. As a pure passer, none of these guys are close to Baker. 

Vince should have gotten to stick around the NFL a lot longer than he did but I think there were some work ethic issues there. I think RG3 was gonna be great if that playoff game on a bum knee didn’t ruin his career. Agreed though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Vince should have gotten to stick around the NFL a lot longer than he did but I think there were some work ethic issues there. I think RG3 was gonna be great if that playoff game on a bum knee didn’t ruin his career. Agreed though. 

VY might have come into the league 5 years too early. And Fisher's OCs were sooooo bad. 

The question is whether or not RG3 could have ever become a pocket passer, because the upright running style was a ticking time bomb. Pretty crazy that Washington would sell the farm for a QB the coach adamantly didn't want. What a franchise.

Edited by BroncoBruin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

VY might have come into the league 5 years too early. And Fisher's OCs were sooooo bad. 

The question is whether or not RG3 could have ever become a pocket passer, because the upright running style was a ticking time bomb. Pretty crazy that Washington would sell the farm for a QB the coach adamantly didn't want. What a franchise.

Yeah I mean I think VY had a winning record and pretty good stats so it’s kinda crazy that he didn’t stick around but I think he’s an ***. Yeah the Redskins man....insanely incompetent organization. I remember watching that playoff game like yoooo this dude is so hurt and they were still running RPO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’ve watched Gardner some. I am going back to scout him more intensely. I like him but that offense is very timing oriented with a lot of quick routes. 

I thought he meant Luke Faulk for a second they churned another one out? 

Given that he couldn't do anything to stick around Tennessee especially over Gabbert I think that O is all system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I thought he meant Luke Faulk for a second they churned another one out? 

Given that he couldn't do anything to stick around Tennessee especially over Gabbert I think that O is all system.

Yes and when I say I like him. I like him as a late round flier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

RG3 and VY couldn't throw, Bradford's rookie year was pretty unremarkable, Dak had an all-time running game to lean on and Cam has had a very good career. As a pure passer, none of these guys are close to Baker. 

You may very well end up being right. Honestly I’ve watched 3 games all season (Broncos browns being one of them) so I’m not really in a position to speak concerning bakers play this season. My point was simply that his winning of ROY does not mean that he will be great. It usually goes to a QB on a ****e team who made them look almost average and made enough “wow” plays that people were willing to look past his deficiencies. Time will tell with Baker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×