BDL 2018 BizzBowl: #7 Hawaii Nightmarchers vs #3 Rome Eternals

Whicker

Hawaii Nightmarchers vs Rome Eternals  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hawaii Nightmarchers
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/2019 at 05:00 PM

Gonna go Hawaii. Rome has a good effort stopping Hawaii run game but I think Hawaii can get its passing game moving with Saquon and Cohen. Even Trequan Smith can haul a couple of big completions. Russ mobility and Rome weak DL leads to little pressure and that's a big difference in this game. On the other side I considered Ram and Swearinger in. Unfortunately the OL shuffling doesn't help a team that wants to run a offense based on its passing game. Corner CB depth isn't that bad and I don't think Rome has the mismatches it hopes for. I like Marlon Mack and Rome running game a bit but not enough.

Hawaii 24 Rome 13

RPO vs. Man is generally less effective. Hawaii's main focus was to make Rome one dimensional by taking away the run with a RB spy. However, when blitzing 5 every play you are really putting a lot on Smith's and Weddle's shoulders to make the stop. If Smith gets washed in the blocking, Mack is going to gash the defense for big yardage until Weddle can finish.

Not enough coverage while blitzing 5 to double cover both WRs as it will either set RB free or 4th WR.

On flip side: I think Cohen is going to be a monster here. RB vs. CB all day especially with his speed. It also effects Romes game plan for Barkley as they went 5-2 to stop him, but with Cohen out wide they switched to a 4-2-6 which means lighter bodies on the field trying to bring down Barkley.

Some game plan inconsistincies I need to point out:

Rome: If your focus is to run the RPO offense you are trying to keep the defense guessing each play on which you are doing, yet later you say you are going to open up the run by using the passing game early which is not the RPO offense. Pick one.

In regards to Cohen, you say Prince will cover him all game, but again later, you say NRC will come in for another player for little guy on little guy action. Is that now double coverage on Cohen? Does NRC cover instead of Prince?

Hawaii:

If your main focus is to stop the run to make them one dimensional, you can't rush 5 in a 4-2-5 look every play as you then dont have a second level to cover the running game... they are rushing the passer thus not in position for the running game.

So:

Hawaii is forced to regame plan on the fly as their defensive game plan is releasing someone every play. Brees finds this person every play until either a double is dropped or the 5 man rush ceases. This provides tighter coverage but it allows the 50/50 balls to be caught and so their offense just rolls along, however, with an uptempo RPO? it means their drives while successful, do not eat up clock. 

Hawaii's focus of their offense through their running backs (outside of the deep balls) does eat up time. Having both Barkley and Cohen throws a wrench into Rome's defensive game plan to stop the run. I feel the WRs will be locked down though.

Thus I feel Hawaii will win here due to ball control. I feel they will eat up the clock limiting Romes opportunities to get on the field. This will be won my a FG as I dont feel either defense will be able to consistently stop the other offense.

I literally said if Cohen lines up in the backfield most of the game it's gonna be prince.  If he ends up just a wr nrc.  He's lining up at RB so it'll be prince with the 5 man line.  I don't know who you'd want to cover Cohen if not a CB 

Elsewhere I think this five man line is getting overlooked with Kelly legit out (ruled out Wednesday), elferin sucks and a backup RG starting.  

On 12/30/2018 at 5:02 PM, Whicker said:

Passing defense

With Brown out we are gonna key in on Stefon Diggs.  We have a cover one look from our safety this week but his first read is gonna be stopping Diggs on short intermediate routes.  Humphrey has the coverage on Diggs and will remain physical at the line to allow the front five to get home. Jackson gets Trequon Smith on the other side

We insert Amukamra into the safety role again this week due to Cohen/Barkley receiving ability.  Prince will cover Cohen if he is in the game regardless of where he lines up. If not he'll have Barkley. LVE will be in charge of Barkley /white.  Mosley has Goedert. If they do some strange six man o line thing again the extra man spies Wilson.

If we see Cohen constantly lining up at WR, we'll take out Pennel for Nrc and have some little guy on little guy action.  Jenkins will have a third WR if there is one.

Regardless of where he lines up.

1 hour ago, PR said:

Regardless of where he lines up.

i probably should have made this clearer.  you are correct.

The NRC was mainly if they went five wide with cohen as a fifth wide out.  The brown news hit as i was typing through that...lol

Been on vacation the past week and New year's day has thrown me out of whack lol, I thought it was only Wednesday today. 

Anyway, I think it's a big blow to lose Tyron Smith and Russ is playing as well as any QB has been the past few weeks and him, along with Saquon give you possibly the most dynamic backfield imaginable. Rome moves the ball well, but I think the hampered OL gives Clowney/Clark a chance to make some big plays and in the end, going 4 wide without a reliable safety valve and Gurley/Lindsay out is just a bit too much. 

Hawaii 27-17 Rome

Archived