Jump to content
gopherwrestler

2018-2019 Offseason Thread (Season Concludes)

Recommended Posts

The Kyler Murray media tour is cringe worthy. 

If he interviews with NFL teams like this, baseball is going to be his only choice. Quite frankly, after that appearance on the Dan Patrick Show, I’d have a red check mark next to his name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the list, I’m not too eager to bring back many of them. 

I would give tenders and bring back all of the restricted free agents, but other than Ant Harris I don’t think I’d give anyone more than a right of first refusal tender. 

If he interested in bringing back Aldrich Robinson on a league minimum type contract. He seemed to have a good chemistry with Cousins. 

I’d bring back two of the three o-linemen. Dependant on health, I’d choose Nick Easton over Jones. Also, I’d bring back Compton on a similar contract as he had in 2018.

I’d also probably bring back Bailey, but, again, I don’t think I’d be looking at much more than league minimum. 

I’m luke warm on bring back Barr and/or Richardson given what they will likely cost. But I’m far more interested in keeping Richardson than I am Barr. If you can get Richardson on a contract with a similar AAV as he had in 2018, that’d be a good deal IMO. 

The rest, I don’t really have an interest in bring back. Certainly not before June. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The Kyler Murray media tour is cringe worthy. 

If he interviews with NFL teams like this, baseball is going to be his only choice. Quite frankly, after that appearance on the Dan Patrick Show, I’d have a red check mark next to his name. 

Agreed. His size and personality leave much to be desired. He should go play for the A's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Wile was pretty good. He deserves to stay.

What about CJ Ham? I don't think he had a very good season..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ham was great, when he got used. His usage really declined with DeFlip. Both he and Wile are ERFA. Cheap, and will 100% be brought back at least for camp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RpMc said:

Ham was great, when he got used. His usage really declined with DeFlip. Both he and Wile are ERFA. Cheap, and will 100% be brought back at least for camp. 

He’s great in the passing game, both as a pass catcher and blocker. But in the run game, especially as a lead blocker, he’s not very good. 

If Stefanski wants to utilize a FB, I’d like to see another 7th/UDFA type player brought in as competition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with that either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

1. Extend Sheldon Richardson. One player I wouldn't let go of, though, is Richardson. The 28-year-old had another above-average season as an interior disruptor in his debut with the Vikings, racking up 4.5 sacks and 16 knockdowns -- second on the team behind Danielle Hunter's 19. 

3. Rework the offensive line ... again. Let's get to Remmers here.  Remmers, who originally was signed to play right tackle, moved to right guard in 2017 before struggling mightily last season; he is likely to be released, which would free up $4.6 million in cap space.

5. Add a third wideout to replace Laquon Treadwell. The subject of much frustration from Vikings fans, Treadwell's move into a more regular role last season did not produce fruitful results.

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25966875/five-2019-offseason-moves-nfc-team-make-bill-barnwell-predicts-trades-free-agency-cuts#min

I only agree with some of his opinions...#1 is not one of them.  He must have been seeing a different player than I did.  

Edited by swede700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, swede700 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25966875/five-2019-offseason-moves-nfc-team-make-bill-barnwell-predicts-trades-free-agency-cuts#min

I only agree with some of his opinions...#1 is not one of them.  He must have been seeing a different player than I did.  

I think Richardson absolutely needs to be brought back. He's no Aaron Donald, but he had some really good stretches. I think consistency hurt him some. He was one of the league leaders in pressures for interior DL for most of the year if I recall. If we could get him back on a 3 year deal, around $10m per year, I'd be happy. 

As for the third point, a better receiving TE can be pursued over another WR. I don't think Robinson was that bad for what he was asked to do. Id bring him back and draft a WR in rounds 4-6.

Edited by vikingsrule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I think Richardson absolutely needs to be brought back. He's no Aaron Donald, but he had some really good stretches. I think consistency hurt him some. He was one of the league leaders in pressures for interior DL for most of the year if I recall. If we could get him back on a 3 year deal, around $10m per year, I'd be happy. 

 

I just think they can get the same production from someone else at 1/3rd of the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I think Richardson absolutely needs to be brought back. He's no Aaron Donald, but he had some really good stretches. I think consistency hurt him some. He was one of the league leaders in pressures for interior DL for most of the year if I recall. If we could get him back on a 3 year deal, around $10m per year, I'd be happy. 

As for the third point, a better receiving TE can be pursued over another WR. I don't think Robinson was that bad for what he was asked to do. Id bring him back and draft a WR in rounds 4-6.

Inconsistency is a nice word for Richardson's play last season...I think a better phrase would be he "disappeared" several times in the season!  Especially in critical games.  I think his production can be handled by others with less expense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 9:09 AM, SemperFeist said:

Given the structure of his contract, why would Reiff take a pay cut?

Pay cut people are using is the wrong word, we can throw him more cash allowing his salary cap to be reduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 9:47 AM, SemperFeist said:

He’s great in the passing game, both as a pass catcher and blocker. But in the run game, especially as a lead blocker, he’s not very good. 

If Stefanski wants to utilize a FB, I’d like to see another 7th/UDFA type player brought in as competition. 

As a lead blocker, he just tends to get in the way more, I just think that’s something that would take getting used to. He seemed to do quite a bit better with Murray as the tailback rather than Cook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 14, 2019 at 1:50 PM, swede700 said:

I just think they can get the same production from someone else at 1/3rd of the price.

I think the same could be said for Barr as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×