2018-2019 Offseason Thread (Season Concludes)

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

True, to a degree.  But, if I'm able to bring one of them back, I'm bringing back Barr, because what he does for the defense is harder to replace.  

Barr probably costs more. $3-4 million more is my guess.

Is his role really harder to replace though?

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Anyone else think Pierre Garcon might be a pretty decent #3 for us if he can be brought in on the cheap?

If he can be brought in cheap, sure. The job is wide open right now. It depends on how cheap though. I wouldn't want to give him a contract that nearly guarantees him making the 53 man roster.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Barr probably costs more. $3-4 million more is my guess.

Is his role really harder to replace though?

Not in my opinion. The 3 technique defensive tackle is a far harder position to find solid players for IMO. This year might be a bit different though. We keep hearing about the wealth of DTs that are supposed to be available this year.

3 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Not in my opinion. The 3 technique defensive tackle is a far harder position to find solid players for IMO. This year might be a bit different though. We keep hearing about the wealth of DTs that are supposed to be available this year.

Does that position make an immediate impact compared to 4-3 OLB? 

6 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Anyone else think Pierre Garcon might be a pretty decent #3 for us if he can be brought in on the cheap?

I’d personally be a fan of the move. I think he has some left in the tank and would be a real solid #3 option. I’d rather draft a guy though, Hollywood Brown was a guy I wanted. But I think his stock has risen enough where he won’t be there in the 2nd-3rd. I don’t think WR should be the pick at 18. Another guy from the draft I’m really liking is Paris Campbell, I think he’s gonna be a playmaker. Could be there in the 2nd-3rd. 

I wonder if Desean Jackson would be a possibility? 

1 hour ago, Eric dunn said:

I’d personally be a fan of the move. I think he has some left in the tank and would be a real solid #3 option. I’d rather draft a guy though, Hollywood Brown was a guy I wanted. But I think his stock has risen enough where he won’t be there in the 2nd-3rd. I don’t think WR should be the pick at 18. Another guy from the draft I’m really liking is Paris Campbell, I think he’s gonna be a playmaker. Could be there in the 2nd-3rd. 

I wonder if Desean Jackson would be a possibility? 

I suggested DeSean earlier in the off-season and people really do not want him due to his penchant to complain about targets, which is fair. I really really like Greg Dortch as a late round playmaker.

13 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Does that position make an immediate impact compared to 4-3 OLB? 

In the Zimmer defense we have witnessed Barr, Kendricks, and Gadeon all take starting jobs during their rookie year. We haven't saw a rookie DT take a starting job and they generally aren't even a very big part of the rotation their rookie years (Stephen, J. Johnson, Holmes).

33 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

In the Zimmer defense we have witnessed Barr, Kendricks, and Gadeon all take starting jobs during their rookie year. We haven't saw a rookie DT take a starting job and they generally aren't even a very big part of the rotation their rookie years (Stephen, J. Johnson, Holmes).

Really disappointed Holmes couldn't hardly be active on game day this year.  I think Jaleel Johnson could challenge for the starting spot this year and be effective 

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Is Mackensie Alexander of any value? I traded for him as a part of a cap dump for another team in BDL. Basically I took on his 3.6mil contract per year for a swap in an early fourth for an early third. 

He was actually playing pretty well towards the end of the year

Archived