Picking 8th

Superduperman

3 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

HAHAHAHA Hard to broadcast sarcasm but just felt like a real Liony like pick. lol. I thought it was funny at least, lol. 

I got it.

like you suggest it’s a Lions pick.🤠

Im betting on it! 

Its a safer pick than betting on the Lions next playoff victory. 🤷‍♂️ (27years)

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, detroitroar said:

Fair enough, but surely not a reason to not select one in the 1st.

A lot of the big name TE's (Gronk, Kelce, and Ertz are a few great examples) are guys that have been drafted outside of round 1. The argument could be made for most other positions I am sure. However, it seems that we don't NEED to take a first round TE when we have other significant holes on the roster.

The team had poor production out of the TE position this year. We also got rid of Ebron for similar reasons and he blew up in Indy. At least a part of the issue is that the offensive staff didn't know how to utilize the TE and the personnel we had already on the roster. Getting a rookie TE in round 1 doesn't guarantee that the team will know what to do with him. TE's also take about 2-3 years to develop. I'd rather get a plug-and-play guy in Round 1 and draft a highly talented but raw player in rounds 3-5.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, detroitroar said:

Fwiw, I dont consider Pettigrew a bust.

Mild disappointment perhaps. 

I'm pretty sure that I would take the production of an Alex Mack, Percy Harvin, Clay Matthews, Shady McCoy, etc. over Pettigrew.

Your first rounders don't have to be HOF'ers. It's also not great to pass over impact players who are the face of the league for a run of the mill guy.

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm pretty sure that I would take the production of an Alex Mack, Percy Harvin, Clay Matthews, Shady McCoy, etc. over Pettigrew.

Your first rounders don't have to be HOF'ers. It's also not great to pass over impact players who are the face of the league for a run of the mill guy.

.....all of that is beside the point 

4 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

.....all of that is beside the point 

None of it is beside the point when you're talking about the production of a run of the mill first round TE. You have to compare guys who were drafted in close proximity in terms of production. I get what the Lions were trying to do. They just drafted Stafford #1 overall and they were trying to give their young QB a big target. TE's tend to be a young QB's safety net.

There were several players available in that position at positions of need who would have had a much larger impact. We can't go back in time and change the outcome but you can't say that everything worked out fine as it did.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

None of it is beside the point when you're talking about the production of a run of the mill first round TE. You have to compare guys who were drafted in close proximity in terms of production. I get what the Lions were trying to do. They just drafted Stafford #1 overall and they were trying to give their young QB a big target. TE's tend to be a young QB's safety net.

There were several players available in that position at positions of need who would have had a much larger impact. We can't go back in time and change the outcome but you can't say that everything worked out fine as it did.

............I said he wasnt a bust.

3 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Just bang your head on the wall as hard as you can Karnage. You'll keep more brain-cells. 

Pretty much.

Clay Matthews or the disappointment also known as Brandon Pettigrew....

Between the two of them, Ebron is showing that he isn't the bust we all assumed he was and the Lions just weren't using him right. He definitely played his part in dropping nearly everything thrown his way but that is one heck of a turnaround.

I just want a star player. Identify the players who can be impact stars and get one. I don't care if it's Deionte Thompson or even Kyler Murray. I want a pass rusher desperately, but the Lions need star players anywhere on the field much worse than they need any one position.

Archived